Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejavacap
hazelnut

schizophrenia and shrooms
    #2333428 - 02/14/04 02:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

what do shrooms do to people with this condition?

do any of you know people who have schizophrenia who've taken shooms? what kind of trips do they have?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: schizophrenia and shrooms [Re: javacap]
    #2333460 - 02/14/04 02:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

People with schizophrenia should not take mushrooms, it can bring out their symptoms worse.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
Re: schizophrenia and shrooms [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #2333634 - 02/14/04 05:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

people with schizophrenia should stay away from ALL mind altering substances...even if they're symptoms are not pronounced hallucinogens can bring the onset of the schizophrenia...it's a shame...i have a friend that was diagonosed with possible schizophrenia...and she went and took acid...and she never came back...it's a really sad sate...she can barely talk no...she's stuck in a permanant delusional state. you cannot talk to her as her short term memeory is shot. if you were ever diagnosed with "conduct disorder" this later manifest itself as sschizophrenia (not always, but can) if you have any thing of this sort, stay away from hallucinogens EVEN pot...pot as been known to bring out sschizophrenia quite early. even if it would never have come out later in their life.

OfflineSparklehorse
If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
    #2334359 - 02/14/04 01:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My sister has paranoid schizophrenia and she's had her fair share of shrooms. She's the only person I know who's had 'flashbacks', she sees a cloaked figure every now and then, really vivid.

--------------------

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
Re: schizophrenia and shrooms [Re: Sparklehorse]
    #2335203 - 02/14/04 05:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i would say that it's not a "flash back" but a form of the schizophrenia coming out...how old is she? schizophrenia normally doesn't pronounce itself until the late teens early twenties. people diagnosed with schizophrenia, or people who have the ability to later show schizophrenic symptoms should not take hallucinogens even pot!...there have been studies showing that even pot can bring out a dormant schizophrenia.

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
    #2339173 - 02/15/04 10:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey all,this is my very first post...I found this topic rather interesting,I've never tripped before but I'm planning to.I only done Pot really,but what's weird is when I first felt the high I went all panicky and was really anxious I couldn't really control myself (maybe because I was outside?) but anyway It was really weird and I was thinking if I tried shrooms for the first time If it would trigger something in me..hmmm I'm not really sure.I really want to trip,I read as much things about it as possible (like in erowid.org)well anyway,hopefully everything will go fine when I do it.I'm looking forward to meet you all.

--------------------

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
Re: schizophrenia and shrooms [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #2339223 - 02/15/04 10:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

what's weird is when I first felt the high I went all panicky and was really anxious I couldn't really control myself

I wouldn't say thats weird. The first time I got high, (really high) at first I wouldn't allow anyone within 5 feet of me, and I'm not sure if I actually was, but I remember just rocking back and forth... After that my vision was completely flat and I mildly hallucinated at one point. I got pretty fucked up probably the first 10 or 20 times I got high, the second or third me and my friend were driving down the street going 5mph psychotically laughing because thats all we could do. I think we were getting some decent mexican sativa... That was about 6 years ago, and been a pothead since, no complaints as far as mental health goes. :wink:

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

OfflineBrad1981
Stranger
    #2339301 - 02/15/04 10:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

In my family we kinda have a very small history (just a couple great-aunts, great-uncles) of mental illness. I am almost 23 and luckily do not exhibit such illness, though sometimes I feel slightly anxious in public. I have smoked weed for the past 2 and a half years with no real trouble except for some paranoia. I am a pretty independent person, a little shy and quiet, but if I'm around people I know I like to talk a lot and joke around a lot. Am I safe to take hallucinogens, namely shrooms?

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
Re: schizophrenia and shrooms [Re: Sparklehorse]
    #2339826 - 02/16/04 01:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

she sees a cloaked figure every now and then, really vivid.

If you (or your sister) don't mind me asking...

What exactly does/did the cloaked figure look like? Other-worldly or terran? Just curious ....

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

Anonymous

#2340070 - 02/16/04 04:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have mild schizophrenia and the decision to do shrooms lies solely on the person consuming them. There is no medical report that says, "IF YOU ARE SCHIZO, DON'T EAT MUSHROOMS".

You really need to know your disorder, your mind, your body, and your substance. No advice from these boards, erowid, or your doctor will be better than your gut feeling. If you're not wrapping your head in aluminum foil and praying to your fireplace, you should try low doses over an extended period of time to see if you can handle it, instead of a moderate to strong dose and risk damaging yourself.

With my disorder in particular, I can still dose mushrooms, LSD, and mescaline safely, but I don't take huge doses anymore. My trips are quite fun, nothing has been taken away. Hell, living my daily life is like a level 1 trip without the body buzz. Moderation in a situation like this is key, as overdoing it will certainly lead you down a dark path that you may not be able to return from.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: schizophrenia and shrooms [Re: ]
    #2341754 - 02/16/04 02:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I got a question for those willing to answer. My mother had told me that her uncle had turned into a paranoid schizo from a bad LSD trip. I was just wondering since I am also facinated from psychedelics, is there a possibility that its hereditary? From what I know of so far nobody in my family has had any mental problems except my mothers uncle. I recently learned my uncle used to be a heavy drug user ranging from meth, acid, MDMA, coke pretty much everything except PCP and he seems to be perfectly fine showing no signs of mental problems. Could it be possible that the bad trip from LSD turned my mothers Uncle schizo and it is not hereditary? I have no knowledge of schizo and would appreciate some feed back.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2343812 - 02/16/04 10:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You guys know if it's safe for a schizophrenic to roll please?

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisiblejavacap
hazelnut

Re: schizophrenia and shrooms [Re: entiformatie]
    #2345376 - 02/17/04 11:18 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Just because someone says another person is paranoid schizophrenic doesn't mean that other person is such. In order to be diagnosed there must be at least three major symptoms persisting for at least six months. I took mushrooms during those six months before I was diagnosed and I had a decent time. I would say it's OK to take a moderate dose if you have a fairly controlled, familiar environment like a house large enough to change the setting in a lot of ways, or especially a private back yard with trees.

In my case it would be foolish to trip because even in sobriety I'm constantly beating myself up for my mistakes of the past. I just started another thread in this forum asking about the possible benefits of taking very small doses to increase creative and logical functioning.

--------------------
Magic Theater Not For Everyone
-Steppenwolf

Edited by javacap (02/17/04 11:25 AM)

Invisiblejavacap
hazelnut

#2345445 - 02/17/04 11:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

another suggestion to attenuate fear and anxiety during a trip is to have something to put your hands and mind to work on something external (not in your head) like taking pictures or painting or something like that, something physically engaging.

--------------------
Magic Theater Not For Everyone
-Steppenwolf

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #2345482 - 02/17/04 11:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

if u have chizophrenia do not, i repet, DO NOT, take mushrooms or any other kind of strong psycodelics
i had a freind who had schizophrenia , but his parents never told him
well about 5 mounths ago he took 2 hits of acid
normal acid nuthin spectacular. well he ended up freakin out thinkin he was god and decided to grab a knife and head out on a 5 mile hike to kill his freind because he was the devil
he came about half a mile from his house befor he realized what he was about to do and went home
he was in the hospitol the last 4 mounths with vivid halusinations and freak outs
he just got relised about 2 weeks ago
so if u r the one with schizo i advise u to take warning if u r going to do any mushrooms
take a small dose and try plesant happy things like painting as u said
be carful
-notapillow

--------------------

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

Re: schizophrenia and shrooms [Re: notapillow]
    #2345650 - 02/17/04 12:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

do all the drugs you can bitch!!!!!!!!! :mushroom2: :pill: :stash: :pill2: :syringe:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

#2345669 - 02/17/04 12:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i know the person notapillow is talking about, and he went to school a few times before getting sent away. he told me he was still having a lot of hallucinations and he seemed really disturbed. if you're a schizophrenic paranoid or whatever mushrooms:mushroom2: in my opinion could help, but less than an eighth, like half or two thirds of an eighth. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #2345736 - 02/17/04 12:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My mother told me about someone who she went to school with, who had mild schitzophrenia.. she said at a party, some kids thought it would be funny to dose him, and put a bunch of acid in his drink while he was in the bathroom.. Apparently, he went totally psychotic, and had to drop out of school.. was never right afterwards, never healed... She said he lived in the woods for the longest time by himself after that, and as far as she knows still does, in an old sugar cabin of his family.. that he thought he was davey crocket, that you couldn't even talk to him and that he would always be talking to himself whenever you would see him.

People take psychedelics way too lightly in my opinion. :\

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: schizophrenia and shrooms [Re: Jared]
    #19139803 - 11/15/13 06:45 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I actually got schizo from extacy

I took eigths of shrooms two times after and smoked some extracts and smoked weed for years.

you could have at one point classified me as delusional, but most people wouldn't guess that, even people that I hang out with all the time and get drunk with. I don't regret the way I acted or the things I said.

So yeah, smoking even a little bitty bit of pot will make me feel extremely high and when I calm down I'll be prone to nervousness or telling someone off, but I don't know if any schizo's would want to do drugs with the stigma they have already. At least nothing sacred.

Better safe then sorry.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: schizophrenia and shrooms [Re: Konyap]
    #19139837 - 11/15/13 07:10 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Anyway from before to after

the trip is literally the same, it's just you're in the mind of someone who believes he is hearing thoughts

so the thoughts get louder, or come from new directions, sometimes shapes may form before you glance over, a little ghost outside the window when you peek to check

it doesn't just go away

It's been five months and parts of my mind will roll over things that I feel grudgy about but I am not conscious of thinking

a year and I'll be ready to smoke pot again and start the cycle anew.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order