Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Sigmoidoscopy on Tuesday
    #4587015 - 08/27/05 10:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It's like a mini-colonoscopy, the doc goes about 1 and a half feet up the large intestine, but i dont get knocked out or any anestetic at all :frown:

I have had irritable bowels for a couple years, i have seen blood in the stool in the past, but not for a while, and my mother has Crohns Disease. so i figure i might as well erase all doubt about my gastrointestinal health.

Does anyone have any expirience w/ colonoscopies or sigmoidoscopies?

its not that im nervous its gonna hurt (or that i might like it :wink:....altho my gf's dad said ihis was very uncomfortable and he'd only get a colonoscopy under anestetic again.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Sigmoidoscopy on Tuesday [Re: MrBump]
    #4587037 - 08/27/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I just watched those people on Celebrity Fit Club 2 get colonoscopies

and they didn't seem too troubled by it.  They were laughing and

basically just looked surprised and violated. Haha.

But yeah, it is better to know that nothing is wrong rather than

worry about it.  Worrying sucks.

I don't have any experience in that department, but just remember,

it's for the best.  :grin:

Good luck.  :thumbup: :heart:

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #4588953 - 08/27/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes i had to get one. Its honestly not that bad except for the fact the dr is gonna stick something up your ass a little bit and you have to drink this nasty medecine and give yourself an enema.

OfflineMrBump
 User Gallery

Re: Sigmoidoscopy on Tuesday [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #4591255 - 08/28/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, i have to buy that drink and the enema tomorrow. liquid diet tomorrow too :frown:

--------------------

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4602489 - 08/31/05 03:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yes...i always heard the sig scope was pointless since it doesnt look at your whole colon, it could miss stuff on the other side...its cheaper though and more insurance friendly :frown: colonoscopy is no fun, because of the not eating...you have to not eat for 24hrs and drink this fleet shit. you basically crap your brains out all day. at the end you are crapping water..actually you can eat jello, i ate a lot of it...it comes right out with the fleet, you crap water the same color as the jello. the actual scope isnt bad, you get knocked out and are up when its over. i woke up in the middle of one of mine and started yelling that it hurt. the nurse ran over, stuck another syringe into the IV and it was back to lala land.

OfflineMrBump
 User Gallery

Re: Sigmoidoscopy on Tuesday [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4605813 - 08/31/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

KOTT, you make a good point. i passed w/ out any problems. no inflammations, ulcers or polyps. but i wondered why you would opt for a test that only covers a third of your colon...is cancer or crohns more likely to occur in the sigmoid area? i doubt it.

oh, and i had to take that drink the night before and i shat my brains out all night. then i had to do an enema a couple hours before the test, the box said the tip was lubed but my rectum really has to challenge that claim. over all the test didnt hurt, it took under 10 minutes, it was more uncomfortable than anything. the nurse was really pretty too, which made it a little more embarrassing.

the doctor said that i may have become lactose intolorant and thats why i feel IBS symptoms. i live in WI and dairy is more than a staple here....he said to not eat any dairy for 7 -10 days and see how my GI's feel. its been two dys w/out dairy and i havent had any crampy, gassy feelings. so he may be right.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag