Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTerribleInstict
Stranger
Agar Question
    #454111 - 11/10/01 06:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If I had colonized agar dishes, with the stringy mycelium, how would I go about fruiting them? Would slicing a piece of the colonized agar and putting it in a substrate work? Like how you break up colonized cakes into casing, but I'd be using slices of agar.......or would this not work? Agar seems like something I want to try out, but I'm a little confused. Any help is appreciated.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Agar Question [Re: TerribleInstict]
    #454115 - 11/10/01 06:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Transfer them into some rye grain spawn. Then, use that spawn to innoculate some more spawn. Then, case that spawn and get loads of mushrooms.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineTerribleInstict
Stranger
Re: Agar Question [Re: phrozendata]
    #454388 - 11/10/01 10:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm still kind of a beginner, what do you mean by rye grain spawn? Is there more information I can read somewhere about that? Thanks for the reply.

Offlinesylo
addict
    #454510 - 11/11/01 12:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You slice the agar with a sterilized knife or other tool and use the chunk of agar with mycelium on it to inoculate a jar of sterilie substrate. The chunk of agar should be at least a quarter of an inch in size. I think what he ment by "spwn" is the sterilized substrate. Spawn is the substrate after it has been colonized.

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

Loc: WAY out there.
    #454580 - 11/11/01 01:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah just throw a chunk of mycelium- covered agar into a substrate...
Some substrates:(not including water and recipes)
brow rice flour and vermiculite cakes, birdseed & verm, Rye grass seed, Rye grass seed and BRF, hell I even got B+ to grow on grape-nuts(the breakfast cerial)
If you wanted to be cool you could just make a jar consisting of some water and a small shard of glass or 2 (hole in lid) sterilize it in a PC, and throw your chunk of mycelium-covered agar in there, and shake it all around, (do the hokie pokey) and you make a mycelium syringe it goes alot faster, if you are sterile enough to pull it off. Just squirt a coupla CC's all around a jar and you will have 100% colonization in less than 10 days (maybe less than 5)... my 2 c

--------------------
It might be the early bird that gets the worm. But its the second mouse that gets the cheese

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation