Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
im having real bad physical health problems
    #4509605 - 08/08/05 03:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i feel like im deteriating from the inside, & im only 24.

everynight i get (sporatic) shooting/sharp/cramping pains & (consistant) "grinding" pains,
exactly where the small intestine, & the large intestine
are pin-pointed on this diagram:

its only pain that i get.,
my stool is consistant & healthy, no blood, nothing attention worthy.
i seldom pass gas, rarely have traditional stomach aches,
never have heart-burn.
i would assume my diet is above par than your standard
Mcdonalds eating american, but not overly "great".
i seldom drink caffinated drinks, the majority of the time
i limit myself to water, gatorade & juices.

This year, my drug use (shrooms & E) has declined to almost non-existant, so i think i can safely rule that out.

on top of that, is my middle/lower back,
(specifically:R-side, where my ribcage meets my spine)

my work requires that i do tedious lifting.
2 hours into my shift the pain is unbarable.
combine that with the other problems & im
a walking constant drone of miserable fucking pain with
a sharp stabbing surge every now & then.

using a backbrace does not help at all. it only moves the back pain to where my back is flexable at the edges of the brace, creating additional pain sources.

my job requires that im sociable & happy.
its affecting my performance severly.
my bosses are now aware when im in pain.
i get introverted, im irritable &
snappy at other co-workers.
much like a wounded animal.

by the end of my shift, my whole back is stiff,
& i must lay on the concrete outside for a good 10-15 minutes before i get any relief.

i have a 'basic ppo plan' from bluecross,
with a $1000 deductable.
i have absolutely no clue what that means,
or if it can/will help me.
(can someone please elaborate for me?)
(i was signed up for it from work)

i could possibly file for (temp) workers comp,
for my back, but i dont really want to do that.

i love my job, & the people i work with,
& i dont want to create any hosility from my employer.
& i also get paid great, so i really dont want to do this.

This is starting to worry me & depress me...
its how i make a living & i love it,
but at the same time, its running me into the ground,
& my only option as of yet is to grin & bare it.

if anyone can give me any advice, plz do so.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: im having real bad physical health problems [Re: 40oz]
    #4509670 - 08/08/05 04:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Stretching can help, or so I've heard. You can do a short cardio session (like 10-15 minutes) to get yourself sweating and then start stretching. I suggest reading up on proper form so you don't mess yourself up even more.

Meditating has helped me with keeping good posture and alleviating a small back pain that I was getting from slouching too often. Sit cross legged on the floor with your ass pulled back and try to get into an optimal postural position. Work from there, doing what feels right with your spine. Focus on breathing and paying attention to your body.

When you're lifting stuff at work, try to do it with your back supported. Keep your head up always. Lift, with your whole back supported, from the legs.

Working out wouldn't be a bad idea. If you strengthen your muscles, work will be much easier. Focus on the compound lifts and you only have to work out 2x a week.

Eat fiber to smooth out your GI tract.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

P.S. I've taken E 2 times. 1 time, the morning after, every joint in my body hurt. I don't know what's up with that, but it seems like it's none too healthy for your body.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4510049 - 08/08/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry to hear you're not doing well. Welcome to the "I have a fucked up back" club.

If there's one spot in your back that is damaged muscularly, other parts will compensate, which is why some other parts hurt as well. The pain sounds like its in the rhombus(sp?). I'd apply heat to loosen it up when you get out of work.

Ideally, you should see a doctor for your back before it gets ten times worse. Next thing you know you'll be 30 with fused vertebrate. Chances are its from overlifting, or stretching in the wrong direction while lifting something. At this time, I would not recommend strengthening it, as it is damaged. See a back doctor.

As far as the pain in your gut, I can only guess, but it sounds like the beginning of a hernia. This would make sense as well, making you use your back to compensate, thereby damaging your back.

Just see a doc, you'll be fine, you might need some physical therapy but I'd take it light at work. Even though you're covered for workman's comp, jobs really hate that shit, and you might not come back to a job.

NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammitory drugs) will help. Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Aleve (naproxen) in combination should help the pain before you get a chance to see the doc.

Feel better man,
s2

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: im having real bad physical health problems [Re: Adden]
    #4510057 - 08/08/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like gall stones.
drink lots of squeezed apple juice (not from concentrate)
to soften the stones (contains pectin)
3 times a day drink one oz of squeezed lemon juice mixed with one oz of exra virgin olive oil. ad oke or pepsi for flavor.
drink quickly do not allow it to settle.

milk thistle will also aid lver detox.

this meathod should give you loose stools and gass for a while but it should also flush the stones if they arent too big

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #4510104 - 08/08/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You should definitely get in to see a doctor ASAP.  You can call blue cross blue shield to ask specifics about what is covered and what isn't.  When was the last time you had a physical?  You should have one, and talk to the doctor about these problems you're experiencing.  Go see your pirmary care physician, so that it's covered by insurance, and maybe get refered to a chiropractor.  They really do help.  Also, in terms of you fucking your back up further at work, do not feel bad about filing a claim.  It's not you attacking your coworkers, or your boss, or disrespecting anyone in any way....it's you worrying about your health, and that's perfectly justified.  They cannot fire you, or reprimand you for doing this.  And if your boss knows your in pain, all the more reason to do something about it.  The only thing is, though, that I believe you need to go and be seen shortly after the date that you were injured.  You might want to say that somethign specific has happened recently.  Also, I think that you need to make your employer aware of it the day that it happened....so keep that in mind when and if you file a claim, so that all your ducks are in a row, so to speak.  You don't want to file one just to get rejected.  Hope this helped, and I hope you feel better soon 40  :heart: :hug:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: im having real bad physical health problems [Re: Liz]
    #4510299 - 08/08/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

in all honesty man, what you have is a work related ilness, and if you are getting paid as an employee, with taxes taken out of your check then you are eligible for.... Workers Comp, find a doctor that will look at you and let you know what is wrong, and if it is work realated. if it is then get a personal injury lawyer and have him handle your case. you will get a lot of money and a lot of time to find a new job.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: im having real bad physical health problems [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4510308 - 08/08/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

also it might be a hernia (sp)

as yfor your insurance, bluecross is a very good insurer, if you were to rack up 20k or 50 k in surgery costs, it would cost you only your deductable. however this might be a yearly deductable where it means that if you go over $1000 in a year total everything else is covered...

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4510463 - 08/08/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Try fasting for a day drinking nothing but water. The next day, get lots of psillium seed husks in your body. Stop drinking alcohol, caffeine (coffee!) and go on the most "simple" diet you can. Fresh fruits and veggies only works great for me. I'm not sayuing that this isn't something more serious, but I've seen lots of people 'healed' by doing this ritual.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

#4511355 - 08/08/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thanks everyone, ill call up bluecross asap
& see what they can do.

im very concerned about the possibility
of having something serious going on inside
my stomach/intestines. i hope its nothing too serious. =/

:heart:

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4511387 - 08/08/05 06:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

please keep us posted.  I'm worried about you :hug:

I'm sure everything will be fine.  Just take care of it, because there's nothing worse than not knowing.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

#4511505 - 08/08/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i called bluecross,
im only insured for emergency hospital services
that exceed $1,250.

i suppose an emergency hospital visit is in order?

--------------------

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4511526 - 08/08/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hmm...i guess so, from the sounds of it. honestly, some doctors/hospitals are really cool about helping you get the most of your insurance company. Like my doctor gives me free samples whenever she can, instead of making me pay for prescriptions...and she bills shit in such a way that most of it is covered. If you tell them flat out that you don't have much money, and tell them what your plan covers, maybe they'll be nice and find a way to help you out. Tell them to take lots of Xrays, do lots of blood tests, and the bill will add up quickly.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

#4511543 - 08/08/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thanks ifalld :heart:

i'll ask them to do whatever they need to
find out whats wrong with me.
i suppose its best to go this route.

:heart:

--------------------

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Anonymous #1

#4512622 - 08/08/05 11:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

e

Edited by shaos (04/09/11 08:00 PM)

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Re: im having real bad physical health problems [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #4513060 - 08/09/05 12:46 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well i went to the e.r,
my insides are just fine,
i tore some muscles near my spine,
& around the front above my hips.

shit.

--------------------

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4513101 - 08/09/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

damn dude.....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: im having real bad physical health problems [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4514119 - 08/09/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

im telling you man, you have a work related injury, stop working and take in some workers comp checks. if you get a lawyer they will not only get you money fot the time off of work, they will get you $ for pain and suffering and feasable future doctors visits.

not to mention that your er visit should be COMPLETELY covered by your employer as the injory you sustained happened as a direct cause of you working.

you should not have to pay a cent for this, the law is on your side.

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: im having real bad physical health problems [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4522919 - 08/11/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hey man ...

sorry to hear you're in a rough place ... if it's any consolation, that's what i deal with every day ...

the first and foremost advice i would give is to stay away from opiates for your pain to the best of your ability, because they quickly lose pain relief effect and become just something you have to take to make the withdrawal go away ... and even when the withdrawal is over, if you quit it, you'll still have the same pains as before ... don't do it =\

but, you should see a GI doctor by all means if you plan on going a western medicine route to figure it out,, as the intestinal tract is precisely where all my pain and disease is located ... which is why i am always unemployed ... it's hard to keep up in this world whe everybody else is a few steps ahead of you ... not having a working body is a tough place, something i have to find new ways to deal with every day ...

but i personally have gone through soooo many different western medicine doctors, all supposed to be the 'best' in their field, and i always felt like i was way ahead in my knowledge of my disease ... they fed me grips of drugs that only made me worse off ... so i'm off all western medicine ..

and just started again with my holistic doctor, who does acupuncture, meditation and astral travel .. i have quit everything but pot, though i must cut down, as it is taking a toll on my health from so much of it ... i also only eat organic, as you know ...

but yes, my eastern doctor is the best of anybody, and i already saw him two years ago for my troubles ... he told me that i needed to stay off western meds to get better ... two years later, i'm where he said to be, and he was right ...

so now i go for recirculation of the blood and energy of the body through the different meridians by means of meditation and acupuncture ... the stomach and intestinal meridian is down the leg ... i know this to be true because a lot of my pain and anxiety stem straight from my legs, and they always feel weak and tingly ... when he gets the right spots, my anxiety and paint threshold change dramatically, and i enter a very blissful, almost drug-like state, which i just know to be cleansing my body ..

i'd say acupuncture and yoga are the two best routes to go ... but never completely avoid western meds if it scares you too much, im on a very different path than most with my diseases ..

if you need anything, PM me

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale