Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Salvia, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Health
    #1321940 - 02/20/03 11:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I'm training for a marathon and will be running 50+ miles a week. I also enjoy smoking cannibis before i run or work out. Would anyone if this is something that should be avoided?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineyelimS
bohem

Re: Health [Re: namaste]
    #1321990 - 02/20/03 11:51 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

wouldn't eating it be better for your lungs? it doesn't taste like much
she said wait a minute
so i waited a minute
i waited a few minutes
and then all of a sudden
i was walking on clouds

oh, im getting carried away.. eat it.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1322047 - 02/20/03 12:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I play ice hockey with this guy and before every game he is chain smoking and getting high. He outskates everyone else. But I have heard that pot has alot more tar than cigerettes, So I would imagine that it can't be good for your lungs. I don't think you should be doing any unneccasary damage to your lungs if you plan on running a marathon. Give it up until after.

I think the stuff in the smoke sort of paralyzes the little hairs on your lungs which help keep them clean. You need clean lungs!

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Anonymous #1

#1322867 - 02/20/03 06:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

#1323119 - 02/20/03 07:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Once after smoking a few joints with a few buds of mine we were running (not away from something.. but it's a long story and i dont feel like typing the whole thing), and well anyways, out of the 5 people im probably the 2nd slowest.. well for some reason I yell "terminator mode!" and start laughing.. and running faster and faster all while having a full conversation with people and cracking up hysterically inbetween.. I run past 1 person.. then the next... then up to the last person and then we just stop.

I just thought it was amazing because I was talking/laughing and running at speeds that arn't my own.

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#1323174 - 02/20/03 07:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I love to run high. Unless its reallly hot out. Use a vaporizer.

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

#1323251 - 02/20/03 08:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for all the advice. Yes, eating it would definately be the way to go, getting baked in the middle of my run would be tits. I guess my main concern is that i have heart problems on both sides of my family and Cannibis seems to increase my heart rate. I need to get a HR monitor for training anyways. I guess in a way it's sort of an unfair advantage. I was kind of embarassed to say this but i also recently started using caffine, AMT, salvia D. and have been a long time drinker and smoker. I'm just going to stick with the right amount of moderation to make sure i don't overcook. and while i'm still on my soap box i just wanted to say the benefits of daily running are great, i can go into trances while sober and come back to reality while trypin'. i've also increased my powers of visualization to the point where i can recall a memory and actually be there.

--------------------

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1323674 - 02/21/03 03:58 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Marijuana is the ultimate dilators of the bronchi, which are tubes that lead from trachea to the lungs. Marijuana is a wonderful cure for asthma and will help emphasema. Best Idea would be to vaporize it, as I think eating it will get you to stoned to run.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Health [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1323702 - 02/21/03 04:23 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I have a brother in law who is 42. He has never smoked a cigg. in his life nor has he worked in an environment that is hard on the lungs. He HAS smoked pot heavily throughout his life and has severe emphysema. I also know a person who has smoked ciggs. and pot for 30 years and does not have any major lung problems. Not everyone that smokes is going to have trouble , but it does increase your chances.

My understanding is that smoke from pot or ciggs. can cause emphysema.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #1325004 - 02/21/03 03:32 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, diggitydankman is right. Smoking and running is one thing... But I would never run after eating some hash. Makes me too heavy and fucks up my balance.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1325164 - 02/21/03 05:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hey namaste'

I strongly discourage anyone from smoking and doing a physically strenuous exercise. By smoking, you are increasing your heart rate... and by increasing your heart rate you are making it work a lot harder.

Additionally, by running/working out/jumping rope/etc after smoking, you add additional strain to the ventricals of your heart. Essentially, with prolonged practice, this will stretch out the ventricals of your heart which will make the muscle thinner and lead to the increased risk of cardiac failure later in life.

Please don't mix smoking with physically strenuous activitiy.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Loc: Western Hemisphere
    #1334817 - 02/25/03 02:30 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

50 miles a week? Wow, I hope your soles don't start catching on fire or anything.

I'm a runner, and I smoke cannabis. And it never interfered with me much except smoking cannabis before running kinda sucks.

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #1335102 - 02/25/03 04:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I love to smoke up before doing cardio exersize.  I put on some trance music and I can work my whole body over with my energy as I run / noriktrack.  I also like to get really buzzed before I go swimming.  Usually my buddies and I smoke around 1/2 g of bubble then go swimming at the local olimpic sized pool usually for around 3 hours or so.  We have competitions who can hold their breath the longest and are usually diving for 2 out of the 3 hours and I don't see any ill effects from smoking up beforehand.  I feel that it actually has helped me control my breath more efficiently.  I notice that I don't need to smoke as much as I did before I started really getting focused on exersize, I cut down from an 1/8th a day to 2 joints.  I feel a hell of alot better and I enjoy the smoke more as well.  IMO you don't have anything to worry about because you seem to be fine so far, but you might be piss tested if you win, so get yourself some detox juice to chug while running  :smirk: 

--------------------

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Re: Health [Re: geokills]
    #1337199 - 02/26/03 09:56 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you Geokills,
yeah, that's exactly what i needed to hear to um...'scare me straight'. i've been smoking a lot less frequently and only on the short runs. being high definitely makes running more enjoyable and seems to require less effort, but in the long run, so to speak, it's just not worth it. i have heard that the Jamacan(sp) peoples would use it combat fatigue while being forced to work all day, but i'm sure their genetics are much different than mine.
thanks again, i will try to indulge strictly for relaxation and creative purposes only.

--------------------

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#1337605 - 02/26/03 12:24 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Geo are there any references you can point me to on this? Where did you hear this? I really am having a hard time believing its true. Using a vaporizer before I run seems safe to me, and I usually run harder and farther for a better workout.

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Re: Health [Re: djfrog]
    #1341237 - 02/27/03 06:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think the reason why you run harder and faster is because your muscles relax and Cannibis is somewhat of a pain killer. My CPR instuctor said that "increasing your heart too much is like stepping on the gas while you're in park." I would appreciate if Geokills could give us a reference though, maybe i'll just have to Ask Ed, if i still can.
Have you ever tried snorkeling while shrooming?

--------------------

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#1341454 - 02/27/03 08:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I talked to Geo and he said he heard it in some med class, so I consider it advice to follow.  :frown:  Thats too bad, but at least I won't die early now that I know.  If I ever get into monitoring my heartrate and can watch it I may try it up again, if I'm able to watch that my blood pressure doesn't get weird.

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1342797 - 02/28/03 12:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Informative post Geo!

I was gonna say DONT GET HIGH IF YOU ARE RUNNING A MARATHON!  :grin:

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#1343115 - 02/28/03 03:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think smoking is nice after a good workout and a shower........also I seem to not the get munchies as bad as when I just smoke on a regular day with no workout...:)

but yea on topic :laugh: 

What geo said is true....i will find the the book i read that in if i remember later........think it may have just been a Physician Desk Reference 

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Salvia, Vaporizer

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being