Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Positive/Negative Forces
    #4460815 - 07/27/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Every day we are exposed to positive and negative forces which we cannot see.  These energies are expressed in the newspaper/internet news service we read, the people who greet us, the drivers around us on our commute to work, the TV shows we watch, the ads we see posted in every conceiveable spot!

At the end of the day, when you settle into your bed, you can sense the impact of the energy you've received during the day.  When I have been around mostly negative energy, I feel tense and worried.  I don't feel safe.  When it has been more balanced, I can relax into sleep fairly easily.  When it has been truly positive, I fall asleep smiling.

Knowing this, I have begun to feel more responsible for the energy I'm sending out.  It is too easy to get lost in my head, my worries, my hurry, and forget those around me who may be affected.

What responsibility do you think we have for our emotional "pollution"?  I don't believe in being phony, but it takes so little to shift my mood toward neutral or positive: a smile, noticing a little beauty, real eye contact with someone in a customer service job...why not? :heart:

Edited by Veritas (07/27/05 05:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Positive/Negative Forces [Re: Veritas]
    #4460988 - 07/27/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Amazing signature! :smile:

Id say, negative and positive, are but the same force, from different yet alike, names.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #4461181 - 07/27/05 06:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It is too easy to get lost in my head

Wow, you must have a big head!  :smirk:

Reminds me of the Seinfeld when the guy Elaine was dating told her she had a big head.  I think you meant figuratively, though.

Carry on. 

P.S. Love the suit!

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4462093 - 07/27/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You're responsible for the emotions you have, since these emotions comprise a vibration, and your vibrations affect your environment just as soundwaves would.

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: Positive/Negative Forces [Re: moog]
    #4462127 - 07/27/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Reminds me of the Seinfeld when the guy Elaine was dating told her she had a big head. I think you meant figuratively, though.

No, I think he meant it physically. Haven't you ever heard that expression before? Of getting lost inside of your own skull? It's a human concept, throughout the ages.

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #4462163 - 07/27/05 10:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
Every day we are exposed to positive and negative forces which we cannot see.  These energies are expressed in the newspaper/internet news service we read, the people who greet us, the drivers around us on our commute to work, the TV shows we watch, the ads we see posted in every conceiveable spot!

At the end of the day, when you settle into your bed, you can sense the impact of the energy you've received during the day.  When I have been around mostly negative energy, I feel tense and worried.  I don't feel safe.  When it has been more balanced, I can relax into sleep fairly easily.  When it has been truly positive, I fall asleep smiling.

Knowing this, I have begun to feel more responsible for the energy I'm sending out.  It is too easy to get lost in my head, my worries, my hurry, and forget those around me who may be affected.

What responsibility do you think we have for our emotional "pollution"?  I don't believe in being phony, but it takes so little to shift my mood toward neutral or positive: a smile, noticing a little beauty, real eye contact with someone in a customer service job...why not? :heart:

I'm going to try and actually send off some good vibes tomorrow to experiment with this. This should be fun.  :thumbup:

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Positive/Negative Forces [Re: PuZuZu]
    #4462241 - 07/27/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It is truly amazing just how much an effect we have. We are so conditioned into believing that it doesn't make a difference when we perform acts of kindness but when you are not there to see the after effects of say, smiling to a stranger or being truly grateful when being served, this is understandable.

I seem to meet people at turning points in their life. Most of my best friends I met at the darkest moments in their life. One, I met in a nightclub. He came to this city hoping to find spiritually like minded people. On this night he was sitting in the club alone. He was big, bald and projecting an energy of "don't fuck with me". He was scary looking.

I thought "I am sure this guy has a soft side." I began thinking of a way I could approach him.

Meanwhile he was thinking "Theres no spirituality in this city. I hate this world. This world is evil. Where is the love? Whats making things worse is this guy sitting next to me poking his toungue at me".

I was poking my toungue at him. He was the last person I poked my tongue at on this time after I had done it to about 5 others. I got a smile/laugh from all of them. He however, was the hardest to break. I must have looked at him with my toungue sticking out for about 20 seconds. Finally he looked and broke out. He had the biggest, warmest smile I'd ever seen on a guy. We've been great friends ever since and the ammount of spiritual growth we've made together is paramount.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Positive/Negative Forces [Re: iambobby]
    #4463703 - 07/28/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey iam,! Welcome to the forums. Nice post. :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #4464057 - 07/28/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I thought "I am sure this guy has a soft side." I began thinking of a way I could approach him.

I was poking my toungue at him. He was the last person I poked my tongue at on this time after I had done it to about 5 others. I got a smile/laugh from all of them.

You seem like a real gem, mate.  Keep up the good work!  :thumbup: 

I like the Aussie spirit which to me is a reflection of your story.  Good natured, brash and a bit off the wall.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Positive/Negative Forces [Re: Gomp]
    #4464741 - 07/28/05 01:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:

Id say, negative and positive, are but the same force, from different yet alike, names.. :P

Go gomp! Yes, indeedy. Play around with seeing everything as coming from just one force that is pure cause. The analytical rational logical side of our brains splits it into two creating positives and negatives. The left brain takes away and divides and the right brain adds and multiplies.

Play around with the split being caused by the struggles between the two brain hemispheres.

Logic's job is to reduce things to their simplest form. The process of reduction "taking away" runs into the negatives which is why its experienced as a negative.

Rations job is to assess what there is resulting in a "limited supply" of resources-time money etc and to split things into allocated portions for survival. Rationales job is to divide/split/separate/moderate.

Analysis's jobs is to review a matter at hand and to make assessments and reconfigurations that serve your own best interest. This action of self interest is experienced as negative by those who receive cuts for your gains, their "take aways" being the negative.

If the reductionism of logic is running you into an unpleasant negative experience, use the right brain to expand or add to it some more until you feel at least a balance again.

If the splitting of rationing and limited supply and resource is running you into a negative experience, use the creative and imaginative right brain to see again only one force or causative source and use it to resource more from the one so their is plenty to go around.

If the selfishness of analysis is running you into a negative experience, use your creative imagination side to create a win win for all to balance out.

Anyway, you get the idea. If you want less "perceptual" negative experiences in your life, look to the functions for the left and right hemispheres to maintain balance or run into positives hyper drive for a boost.

However hanging in the positives can cause a reversal of problems. You have 24 hours in a day yet the imagination has come up with 48 hours worth of things to get done. It also developed irrational fears about what will happen if it all doesn't get done. That's when you need to shift to left brain and pull reducing, rationing and analysis in on the task.

On the flip side, say you actually have 48 hours of work to be done in 24 hours or else you loose your job and the left brain starts freaking out because it can not be logically accomplished or rationally expected of you to finish it all. This is when you want to shift in to the right brain for help. Creative imagination may find ways to get it all done you didn't consider before. It may also find ways to ease your fears of loosing your job by giving you alternative options for what can result.

One isn't better then the other. They both are useless without each other. They only serve us when we have them functioning in a co-operative effort. When we get stuck in one side of the brain or they struggle for each to get its way is when we have problems Houston.

Duality perception is a fascinating topic. The negative experiences are just illusions created by the left brain functions. That's no different then positive experiences being illusions created by the right brains functions. How we choose to live through them and how real we choose to make either of them is a part of the fun of the game.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Positive/Negative Forces [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4465192 - 07/28/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iambobby said:
It is truly amazing just how much an effect we have. We are so conditioned into believing that it doesn't make a difference when we perform acts of kindness but when you are not there to see the after effects of say, smiling to a stranger or being truly grateful when being served, this is understandable.

I seem to meet people at turning points in their life. Most of my best friends I met at the darkest moments in their life. One, I met in a nightclub. He came to this city hoping to find spiritually like minded people. On this night he was sitting in the club alone. He was big, bald and projecting an energy of "don't fuck with me". He was scary looking.

Meanwhile he was thinking "Theres no spirituality in this city. I hate this world. This world is evil. Where is the love? Whats making things worse is this guy sitting next to me poking his toungue at me".

I was poking my toungue at him. He was the last person I poked my tongue at on this time after I had done it to about 5 others. I got a smile/laugh from all of them. He however, was the hardest to break. I must have looked at him with my toungue sticking out for about 20 seconds. Finally he looked and broke out. He had the biggest, warmest smile I'd ever seen on a guy. We've been great friends ever since and the ammount of spiritual growth we've made together is paramount.

tongue poking? How odd.... do people do that in Australia or something? Out here it'd get you laughed at or just start fights, since drunks like to fight for fun.

I feel like that "guy" though, and I worry my negative perceptions of the world are in fact restructuring my native environment into becoming a more negative place.

I'm not sure how to reverse that, I guess to try and send out love to people I see and you know, try and escape my narrow perspective on things.

I read this thread while tripping and the main post really stuck with me though :/ like it came straight from a repressed part of my head that is striving for change and balance.

gettinjiggiywithit..... that just about sums up my past 2 trips actually.... this thread is interesting. I've been experiencing the "left/right" duality quite a bit, as if I am stuck in the middle of the two while they are battling their desires out.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Re: Positive/Negative Forces [Re: leery11]
    #4474602 - 07/30/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey everybody - thanks for the beautiful encouragement. I really wanted to continue another post with something more positive but it seems like I've descended into the darkness again. Its almost like as soon as I acknowledged that things are good and going smoothly the shit comes and wipes me out again. Its like my life is a fight towards good and when I reach it everything is a miracle. When I go down into the shadows again however the contrast is so much greater and the pain intensifies.

I have often concluded that there is no good or bad, dark or light, positivity or negativity. As Gomp said, "Id say, negative and positive, are but the same force, from different yet alike, names.. :P ". I agree. Another way to look at it is like this - there is no darkness, just the absence of light. Shadow isn't actually a thing except a place we perceive where light is not.

It is interesting to think that without these forces of darkness we would not be propelled towards the light. Therefor, how can it really be dark? How can negativity, really be called 'negativity' if it is an essential force moving us towards 'positivity'? This leads me to believe that there is no good nor bad, there is just emotional range. Some people think some things are good while others think those things are bad.

What if, its just emotion or energy and we felt we needed to attach labels to those things so that we could acquire them again. What if, when we decided to label an experience as good, we automatically stripped ourselves of the permanency of experiencing that because defining life into black and white peices automatically disconnects us from wholeness. I don't think the whole 'human experience' can be defined by any word and I am sure in our highest consciousness we would not differ between good and bad. It may just be a silly concept.

I feel that all the negativity we are experiencing in the world today is moving us towards something greater we may term as positive. With hindsight we will say that we are glad those things we were against at the time happened because without them we would not be who we are today.

Back to the friend I mentioned in my last post, recently he was confronted by someone who said "I think you like the darkness, why else do you keep delving into it, digging up the past, licking your wounds?". He was shocked, but he contemplated it seriously and realised that there was infact a part of him that loved the matyr within. He realised that he loved the contrast rush he gets and it gives him something to continually talk about with people. I know for myself that it gives me great joy to be able to connect with people regardless of how dark they have become or how much light they dwell within. For as long as I can remember people tell me how happy I make them feel because I am so confident and I often think "wow, if only you knew how many times I've wished death upon myself you wouldn't think I am so light". But it is this intensity of shit that I have been through that now gives me compassion and understanding so how can I look back and say it was a bad run?

It makes you wonder doesn't it? I mean, if you're creating your whole world then you must love the stuff that you think is bad otherwise, why would you choose to recreate those things? I think labels are traps of the ego and if we could let go of them we would be living in eternal bliss. We are trying to compartmentalise an infinite force. Maybe this could explain why everytime I am in a peak in a trip, BAM, something comes up and takes me down and I'm on the ground crying feeling like I don't deserve it. Then I tell my friends about the sadness I am in and all of a sudden I feel released and on a bigger high then ever before.

These up and down swings for me are becoming more intense and closer together and so I wonder if life is just trying to teach me to let go of trying to capture a moment with a definition.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

#4474609 - 07/30/05 07:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

p.s Toungue poking is not something very common here in Australia however I would be happy if it were. Its such a great way to connect with someone. Its so simple. So childish. So playful. So revealing of your insides :P

--------------------

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

#4474644 - 07/30/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

After taking a few days away I just reread your post with a little more time gettinjiggywithit. I am beginning to see this life as a game and I think its a very good way to see everything. When we realise that everybody is doing whatever they can to get you to play ball with them it becomes a fun challenge and you don't get caught in the traps of being down. I feel its within this space that you're able to truly connect with people because you can peirce through say the sad person in the cafe or the stranger on the street with a smile. Even though they may be projecting a "life is tough stay out of my way" I've never come across a person who didn't want someone to acknowledge them with a smile.

People walk with their heads down to the ground because they feel ashamed of who they are. They feel like they don't have enough energy to be kind to people and so they act withdrawn in order to protect you from entering their own dark world. You know that when you feel proud you reach out and touch people and you shatter the illusions of living in a divided and seperated world. When we smile and be kind to people we are changing the paradigm and the butterfly effect is real and infinite.

Thanks for the inspiration. I am going to let my creative imagination override my rational thoughts more often.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4474659 - 07/30/05 07:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup: :yinyang:  :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Positive/Negative Forces [Re: Icelander]
    #4475238 - 07/30/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I had a dream that one way is neutrality of thought and objectivity in your emotions..
Duality is only human nature, but we must see beyond the perceived polarities of our experiences in order to gain the most from them. I believe that love is the central force of the universe.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Positive/Negative Forces [Re: Shroomism]
    #4476558 - 07/31/05 07:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup: I also believe that love is the creative force of the universe.  :heart: :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineHedgeWych
Seeking

Loc: Pacific North West
    #4477521 - 07/31/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That's the idea behind "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I try and keep positive. Sometimes I don't succeed.

There are consequences for everything that we do. Including the energy that we put out.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4480819 - 08/01/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jack Kornfied said:
Crisis is an invitation to the spirit not only in childhood, but whenever our life passes through suffering. For many masters, the gateway to the spiritual opened when loss or desperation, suffering, or confusion drove them to look for solace of the heart, for a hidden wholeness.

I have experienced this again and again in my life. I think the "effort," if it can accurately be titled thus, is to shift away from judging my experience, and towards accepting it.

When I am deep in neurotic rejection of my circumstances, I am only marginally aware of my experience. It seems to me that continuing in this state may result in emotional/spiritual contagion to those I interact with. The opposite also seems to occur. When I am accepting my life AS IS, I am joyfully in the moment, and feel as though everything is perfect and beautiful. I can sense that my energy, demeanor and speech affect those around me positively.

Perhaps my acceptance of the "dark night of the ego" would result in more continuous positive energy? I get a little closer to this each time my physical/material problems loom large in my awareness. When I can detach from taking them personally, and relax into the experience of illness/lack of money/unpleasant job, I do not descend as deeply.

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

#4488755 - 08/03/05 06:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You have described the flow so well Veritas. I can tell you that my first entrance into this site was hit with a bunch of resistance, feeling like people didn't really want to connect. I was asking questions and was told to search the site instead of asking things that had been answered time and time again - sure, it was under the topic of cultivation and I could understand where they were coming from, but it was a bit upsetting nonetheless when getting into a hobby like growing mushrooms could well just be a means to connecting with likeminded people.

Then seeing this post and sharing myself and receiving some nice comments from you guys and gurls uplifted me. What you're talking about is in play all the time - even and maybe even especially, in a place as dry as the internet. Real emotion and a willingness to connect seems like a rare thing. You people... us people.... who think about stuff like this have a gift to understand the effect of our positivity on the world.

Thankyou for the reminders of how beautiful we can be and that it can never be too much.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies