Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Positive/Negative Imprints
    #2834996 - 06/28/04 01:08 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm going to throw down some simple stuff that is extremely overlooked, but most essential for the betterment of ourselves and others.  :laugh:

First off. Each moment is a new experience for us, completely original and unique. Each additional experience shapes who we are more and more. Each moment offers a special oppurtunity to express and define us. This is undeniable.  :smirk:

We are humans. We interact. In each moment, we are interfacing with our environment, which could possibly include other dynamic humans. We are defining ourselves in this moment, and an integral aspect of being defined is the environment we are in. Also, we are an integral aspect of that environment defining itself as well. :grin:

So life is an unfolding phenomenon consisting of innumerable facets, which are all being defined in each moment, and for those whose perspectives provide a moment-by-moment awareness and the illusion of some will, defining themselves in each moment. We are affected by the Universe, and we effect the Universe.

Moving on, I think it is important to keep this in mind when we are entering moments where we interact with other humans, and, of course, moments where we are only interacting with ourself (;)). We need to watch what we are taking out of each moment, and what we are putting into it. We need to be conscious of this.

We are all playing a part of defining this thing known as life, on so many different levels, and I think that the more we become conscious of the way our experiences are shaping who we are, and the way are actions are shaping others, the more effective we will be at working towards... dare I say, peace? Enlightenment? God? The complete expression of life? :nut: *shrugs*

Maybe it is just me, but I feel that we have reached a point where we can consciously direct this evolution of our species with better results. Life is a truly amazing sensory Experience, and we need to promote positive experiences of it.  :laugh:

So, essentially, every time we interact with another human being, are we giving them more reason to experience that moment positively? We can either leave positive imprints or negative ones, but myself, I find that following the negative path is destructive, and ultimately, pointless. :lol:

Life is a ~cosmic~ Experience! :mushroom2:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Positive/Negative Imprints [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2835070 - 06/28/04 01:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Be careful what you deem positive or negative. One man's nirvana is another's poison.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Positive/Negative Imprints [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2835101 - 06/28/04 01:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

one time my cousin was like yeah i banged two chicks in the same day! and i was like ::vomit::

all kidding aside, i think he just means be positive instead of being a butthead to people.  i know when i feel like crap the last thing i want to do is hang around hapy people, but if i have to i end up becoming happier by default (if there not buttheads about it).

:thumbup:

peace
Casil

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Positive/Negative Imprints [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2835490 - 06/28/04 05:00 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Be careful what you deem positive or negative. One man's nirvana is another's poison.

Can you tell the difference between a positive emotion and a negative emotion? This doesn't have anything to do with personal preference. One promotes life and the other cuts agansit it.

Of course, the negative serves as a catalyst to evolution, if it is balanced.... there comes a point when one passes the tests and the lessons negativity provides are no longer necessary.. but that is off on an entirely different subject.. :grin:

Life is so much more enjoyable when we aren't causing ourselves to suffer pointlessly. When we feel a negative emotion, obviously there is some error in our programming.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Positive/Negative Imprints [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2835675 - 06/28/04 09:22 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome post, fireworks god :smile:

+5  :mushroom2:

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology