Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed
    #4373206 -

My woodshop projects are growing more and more
complex.

My current table saw does not cut it and I have an
opportunity to expand my shop a little bit.

I want a good table saw and a decent planer/joiner.

I am curious to see if anyone here has any suggestions.

Grizzly seems to be pretty well respected in terms
of the planer/joiners...anyone have any suggestions
on table saws that will be used for rough and fine
work?

Thanks in advance.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: afoaf]
    #4373549 -

there's no craftsmen here?


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: afoaf]
    #4373559 -

PM flowstone

:lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #4373585 -

all my shop stuff is at least 40 years old....

go check junk yards and stuff,you might have to rebuild some of it.but there last you ten times more than any new plastic framed shit.....

all mine is from Cleveland college(tn),i have a Friend that works there and they were getting new stuff.....




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: afoaf]
    #4373602 -

Not sure man, but I am getting into woodworking pretty soon here... I am going to get a wood turner and a nice set of blades so I can make some nice chairs and a table for my room. I'm more of a metal worker as a side hobby but I want to know the same as well for wood working. Soon as I can woodwork I can combine the blacksmith and woodworking for some nice pieces.


--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: afoaf]
    #4373643 -

My dad does woodwork for a living. He's bought a few old, old machines (50's and 60's) and I helped him restore them. Whenever he's bought new machines, like his bandsaw, drillpress, planer, he always went with Grizzly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: DNKYD]
    #4373663 -

yeah...I'm looking at the Grizzly site.

they get great reviews at amazon and some
of the woodworking sites.

I'm looking to make this the last table I have
to buy.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: afoaf]
    #4373671 -

I dont know much about woodworking
what are making?


--------------------

WDYWFM?
I just want full access damnit
Rono he hate me...
I'm going to be reading every post that you make...and anything that even remotely offends me is going to get your ass banned. How you like 'dem apples asshole?






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: afoaf]
    #4373674 -

I can talk to my Dad for info if you really want me to. His latest hobby (past decade or so) has been woodworking and he has a hell of a shop set up now. He is producing some damn fine pieces. Almost all his own furniture is now hand made by him and it seem like everyone he knows has a piece also (my wife got a beautiful dresser for her B-day a few years back).

Now hes bugging me about getting in there and building some instruments with him. Guitars and basses to be precise. I think I might just take him up on that and build myself a custom, matching set: an electric guitar and a 5-string bass.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: PaulAtreides]
    #4373685 -

Oh La Derrr a table


--------------------

WDYWFM?
I just want full access damnit
Rono he hate me...
I'm going to be reading every post that you make...and anything that even remotely offends me is going to get your ass banned. How you like 'dem apples asshole?






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: PaulAtreides]
    #4373719 -

no...I build lots of things.

I'm interested in redoing my cabinets.

I need a couple night stands

I need an entertainment center.

I need a dresser.

I just like building shit and need a nice
and beefy table saw.

This is what I'm looking at:

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2005/main/018.cfm?

Page #19 with the mobile base so I can stow it.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4373731 -

check out www.grizzly.com

on the front page at the bottom there is a link
to a series of guitars that the president of the
company has made using company tools

REALLY nice work.

Ask your dad what a left-tilt table saw is
all about?

does that mean that the blade only tilts
left or that it tilts both directions cuz
all table saws tilt...right?!


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: afoaf]
    #4373757 -

Wow thats a nice setup


--------------------

WDYWFM?
I just want full access damnit
Rono he hate me...
I'm going to be reading every post that you make...and anything that even remotely offends me is going to get your ass banned. How you like 'dem apples asshole?






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: PaulAtreides]
    #4373784 -

uber


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: afoaf]
    #4374146 -

afoaf said:
yeah...I'm looking at the Grizzly site.

they get great reviews at amazon and some
of the woodworking sites.

I'm looking to make this the last table I have
to buy.



Honestly if you want to buy the last table you'll have, I suggest doing what my dad did. He bought an old Delta table saw, around 1950's I think. He restored it and put a big extension table on it. It looks the same as this, but the table is twice as long:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: DNKYD]
    #4375263 -

honestly, the old saws are few and far between
from what I've been able to find and I'm really
in NO position to do restoration work.

In fact, I already have an old saw that I was
going to restore and build into a nice rolling
cabinet type of setup, but I have other projects
I need to do and don't want to have to do
that first. Plus it's a little jenky...I paid $100
used for the piece and have gotten TONS of
use out of it already.

These grizzlys are effing sweet.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: DNKYD]
    #4375716 -

I have a wood shop in my house...

all the equiptment is the older Delta stuff.

They were my Dad's. :smile:

Delta made some great stuff back in the day!~


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed *DELETED* [Re: afoaf]
    #4376017 -

Post deleted by oneducktwoducks

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #4376220 -

Letto,

do you know if that is a belt driven saw or direct drive?

Roadz,

I think you still have my shipping address?!


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Woodsmiths: Table saw advice needed *DELETED* [Re: afoaf]
    #4376595 -

Post deleted by oneducktwoducks

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by oneducktwoducks (07/06/05 04:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Advice Needed: Taking Shrooms Before Art Class
( 1 2 all )
SaintR 3,324 23 03/02/18 11:23 AM
by basqueshaman
* Female advice needed... Sterile 4,093 19 11/05/02 11:23 PM
by Morphrying
* Sex & Relationship Advice
( 1 2 all )
Brukan 10,451 34 11/08/02 10:50 AM
by Roger_irrelevant
* wood planer hidenseek 1,351 10 12/04/11 04:07 PM
by passifloracaerulea
* anyone see the discovery channel thing on the grizzly man
( 1 2 all )
kilroy69 3,595 28 02/28/06 04:39 PM
by TameMe
* Grizzly Man
( 1 2 3 all )
trendalM 4,230 44 03/16/06 02:05 PM
by Adom
* Moving to another country - need advice
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,028 20 04/03/03 10:57 PM
by spiritshaper
* Drugs are needed for our society to continue...
( 1 2 all )
DailyPot 6,583 23 03/06/17 09:13 PM
by triphead9428

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,537 topic views. 3 members, 45 guests and 60 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.