Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Drug induced pscycosis
    #4320152 - 06/21/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know if this is just me or this happens to a majority of people. But lately after a drug experience, i seem to loose thouch with reality, not to a full extent, but I'm just not 100% there, maybe just 70%?

It just seems that after i have a joint, i it feels like i have been smoking laced weed or something. I try to talk to someone and I'll just end up spinning them out, my words get mixed up and my sentences don't really make sense. Also, the atmosphere around me just feels different, Like slight deja vu. This is only after 1 joint.

This also happens after a night of rolling, but to a fuller extent. I have been rolling every week for the past 7 weeks, ill drop at about 12am and by 7am ill be back down again but i will have voices in my head, talking to me or me just talking to myself. Random phrases and words will just appear in my head, ill get into bed and close my eyes and i see vivid, off the wall and sometimes disturbing visions. This can also happen when my eyes are open, ill see things bend or happen at the corner of my eye. For days after i wont feel myself, sometimes experience nightmares, which is very uncommon for me.

I am aware this can just be the usual after effects of X or weed, but i haven't met anyone else who experiences these effects. Maybe I'm just sensitive to psychotic/psycho-active substances such as weed and ecstasy. Although i have been smoking weed on and off for some years now and i have never experienced these difficuties before and they seem to be escalating :confused:

Can anyone relate or have any suggestions?

Peace,
Mushie Man :mushroom2:

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

Edited by Mushie_Man (06/21/05 10:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Drug induced pcycosis [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #4320173 - 06/21/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Lay off the weed and X. I've been going through a drug induced psychosis for over 2 years now, or maybe it's an awarness that is too wierd to handle? I can't explain it too well, so I won't bother.

Just stay away from mind altering chemicals untill you get your head sorted out.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: Drug induced pcycosis [Re: barfightlard]
    #4320303 - 06/21/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The same sorta happens to me after smoking. And I too think it may be from being too aware of what is going on. I can almost 'sense' peoples 'aura' or 'vibes.'

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Drug induced pcycosis [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #4320328 - 06/21/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ive had it happen to me in the past but i ended up quitting shortly after that anyway so dunno man.. i think you should quit for at least a little while

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
Re: Drug induced pscycosis [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #4320387 - 06/21/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I also experience some of these things that you described after smoking weed. I can't talk to people and my words just seem to get mixed up when I try. Then when I close my eyes I get intense visuals just like you described and sometimes if I smoke enough I get strong open eye visuals just from smoking weed. I get the voices once and a while too but they never really bother me.

Offlinemantra
the universe
Loc: No 3rd Dimension Location
    #4320574 - 06/21/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

to be honest it sounds like most of you are just jumping on teh bandwagon because it sounds cool. all people hear voices in their head, you can blow it out of proportion and be like whoa dude i smoke 1 joint and i hear voices or you can acknowledge that drugs can open pathways not usually traveled, therefore unknown thoughts/ideas/voices/whatever.

i am especially skeptical of those who are like "maybe im TOO sensitive" blabla because that is a GIFT if you are sensitive. If not you are just saying that because youre bored and sometimes you feel rushes of energy while stoned. Cool.

Quote:

Mushie_Man said:
I don't know if this is just me or this happens to a majority of people. But lately after a drug experience, i seem to loose thouch with reality, not to a full extent, but I'm just not 100% there, maybe just 70%?

It just seems that after i have a joint, i it feels like i have been smoking laced weed or something. I try to talk to someone and I'll just end up spinning them out, my words get mixed up and my sentences don't really make sense. Also, the atmosphere around me just feels different, Like slight deja vu. This is only after 1 joint.

This also happens after a night of rolling, but to a fuller extent. I have been rolling every week for the past 7 weeks, ill drop at about 12am and by 7am ill be back down again but i will have voices in my head, talking to me or me just talking to myself. Random phrases and words will just appear in my head, ill get into bed and close my eyes and i see vivid, off the wall and sometimes disturbing visions. This can also happen when my eyes are open, ill see things bend or happen at the corner of my eye. For days after i wont feel myself, sometimes experience nightmares, which is very uncommon for me.

I am aware this can just be the usual after effects of X or weed, but i haven't met anyone else who experiences these effects. Maybe I'm just sensitive to psychotic/psycho-active substances such as weed and ecstasy. Although i have been smoking weed on and off for some years now and i have never experienced these difficuties before and they seem to be escalating :confused:

Peace,

--------------------
The creative principle unifies the inner and external worlds. It does not depend on time or space, is ever still and yet in motion; thereby it creates all things, and is therefore called 'the creative and the absolute'; its ebb and its flow extend to infinity. -Tao Te Ching

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: Drug induced pscycosis [Re: mantra]
    #4320794 - 06/21/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

As modern science continues to advance, increasingly it realizes that it cannot prove the existence of an objective, external reality. Reality does exist, but it is largely subjective, and if you seek to relax and fall back onto it after drugs, remember that your perspective of it helps shape it. Drugs can be to some people what the scientific method is to scientists, drugs can reveal that reality does not objectively exist externally in a way separate from you.

You are part of reality, and every action you do shapes reality whether you intend it or not. If you try to deny your part in reality and act passively in a way supposedly removed from reality, then reality will become, to your perspective, something objectively external, and it will manifest louder and louder in an active way (towards your passivity) until it gets your attention that it is not actually external but internal.

You must realize that not some of the voices and visions are of your own making, but they all are. Some are brought about by external stimuli like drugs, but at root they are your subconscious and may be trying to tell you something. Try to interpret your nightmares or disturbing hallucinations/visions not literally but symbolically, by considering how they relate to you, perhaps to aspects of your being that you aren't at peace with.

Offlinesleepingbigguy
homosapien
 User Gallery

#4320834 - 06/21/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mushie_Man said:

Peace,

xtasee cooks your brian, heats your core temp up so much it kills sections of your brain, it's probably just a section that is dying and so it's fucking with how your brain works, x is a bad drug, dont do it

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Drug induced pscycosis [Re: sleepingbigguy]
    #4320844 - 06/21/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sleepingbigguy said:
Quote:

Mushie_Man said:

Peace,

xtasee cooks your brian, heats your core temp up so much it kills sections of your brain, it's probably just a section that is dying and so it's fucking with how your brain works, x is a bad drug, dont do it

LOL  have you ever posted on freevibe?

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Edited by bellylard (06/21/05 01:37 PM)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4320869 - 06/21/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Certain enzymes in your body break down at higher temperatures, but we're talking fevers so high you'd be seizing.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: Drug induced pscycosis [Re: Adden]
    #4321741 - 06/21/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for all the response it has been much help, maybe drug related psychosis is more common than I perceived.  Not long after I posted this thread I went for a joint with a friend. Once finished I felt really off the wall. Such as depressed, quite and disconnected (among other things) for many hours. Whilst my friend had the same amount and barely felt a thing. It wasn't enjoyable nor was it anything like being stoned. I decided to give up weed from that moment on and give XTC a break for a few months until i can sort my head out.

Quote:

bellylard said:
I've been going through a drug induced psychosis for over 2 years now, or maybe it's an awarness that is too wierd to handle?  I can't explain it too well, so I won't bother.

That's kind of how i feel, i don't necessarily feel "psycho" but i defiantly don't feel stoned. It's to hard to put a perception into words.

Quote:

mantra  said:
i am especially skeptical of those who are like "maybe I'm TOO sensitive" blabla because that is a GIFT if you are sensitive. If not you are just saying that because youre bored and sometimes you feel rushes of energy while stoned. Cool.

If i felt that i was sensitive to getting stoned, yeah, that would be cool, but after i few tokes i do not feel stoned. I feel disconnected from my real perception and find it hard to act myself.

Quote:

the_phoenix  said:
If you try to deny your part in reality and act passively in a way supposedly removed from reality, then reality will become, to your perspective, something objectively external, and it will manifest louder and louder in an active way (towards your passivity) until it gets your attention that it is not actually external but internal.

Thank you for your post, i feel that i can really relate to what has been said.

Quote:

sleepingbigguy said:

Prove it.

Peace,
Mushie Man :heart:

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4321793 - 06/21/05 05:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

... Like when you cross a wast ocean for new land, at the mid of the ocean, one might seem lost, and the only thing to do, is keep going, either by guidance or by intent..

are you seeking new land, then re-turn, is no option.. :P

"Fuck you faith, be it!"
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

Re: Drug induced pscycosis [Re: Gomp]
    #4323803 - 06/22/05 05:26 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ya ive felt that way during the times when i did psychedelics and other substances way too much.. then i quit and gradually with time everything sorta evened out back to baseline. i think "drug induced psychosis" sounds bit too dramatic though.. just some side effects from misuse that are temporary.. atleast most :wink:

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: Drug induced pscycosis [Re: budsicle]
    #4323982 - 06/22/05 08:20 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Offlinesleepingbigguy
homosapien
 User Gallery

#4324164 - 06/22/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sleepingbigguy said:

Prove it.

Peace,

you respond like you think i'm lying, i assure you extasy fucks your brain over, do a little research on it, here are two links to get you started.  one speaks of the rise in body temp, up to 109 degrees, you know what a 105 fever will do to a sick child?  well 109 to your brain, you draw the conclusion.  Look for yourself

http://www.ycdrugcourt.org/ecstasy.htm

http://www.thesedrugs.com/mdma.htm

sorry but it's true, one site talked about exposure to extasy 4 times results in evidence of brain damage 6 to 7 years later.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #4324211 - 06/22/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ann shulgin sez if ya do mdma too often, it loses "the magic"...

& 7 times in 7 weeks IS too often...

take a break...

exercise, meditate, eat healthily, consider taking vitamins &/or nootropics, read, go for walks outside, enjoy the sunrise (or the sunset), take sauna (or even orgone), get a negative-ion generator for your house...

re-enter the real world (fwiw...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
websites? [Re: gnrm23]
    #4324267 - 06/22/05 10:27 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

oh ya, a D.A. website & a "legal-highs" website...
at least erowid has links to more-or-less current research (& maybe a little less ummmm biased?)

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma.shtml

~

(hey ya know if ya feed monkeys hundreds of milligrams of a drug labeled MDMA & it turns out that the drug was actually methamphetamine, their poor little monkey-brains will be, like, fried dude?)
(inital reports (like: "MDMA etas holes in raver's brains!!!")were headlines around the world; the retraction of flawed study data ("oops; wrong bottle fed to apes")found on page c-17 in thursday's paper, okeydokey...)
(but -- it still eats holes in your brain, honest...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4324533 - 06/22/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sleepingbigguy said:

Quote:

sleepingbigguy said:

Prove it.

Peace,

you respond like you think i'm lying, i assure you extasy fucks your brain over, do a little research on it, here are two links to get you started.  one speaks of the rise in body temp, up to 109 degrees, you know what a 105 fever will do to a sick child?  well 109 to your brain, you draw the conclusion.  Look for yourself

sorry but it's true, one site talked about exposure to extasy 4 times results in evidence of brain damage 6 to 7 years later.

I don't think your lieing, but your sources are.  109 degrees, ya right.....My body temp has never raised NEARLY that high.

Your one link says the amount of MDMA to get high is close to the toxic dose, more bullshit. 

Why don't those links have any sources to those studies, any idiot could spew out bullshit and say a study was done on it, and any idiot could take it as true facts and spread mis-information.

I bet alot of their "facts" come from the completely flawed tests the US government did, but never fessed up to being wrong.  It was proven bullshit by an ABC report called Ecstacy Rising.

http://www.maps.org/avarchive/er/

Your right, do a little research.  But don't be stupid when you find all these claims of proven facts.

--------------------

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

#4324688 - 06/22/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sleepingbigguy said:

I wasn't implying you were lying, just that you can search 100's of websites and read numerous amount of books and articles, but if you go back and reflect on what each one had said every one will contradict the other. I have lost all faith in "supposed" research. You give me one website or research article and i promise you i can give another stating the opposite.

I can only believe truths from other people's experience's and that of my own. That is why the shroomery is home to alot of valuable information.

Quote:

sleepingbigguy said:
one site talked about exposure to extasy 4 times results in evidence of brain damage 6 to 7 years later.

.. in Monkeys. What you don't know is on what dose? How many times a day? Where they allowed to over heat? Under what conditions?
It's all circumstantial, not worth getting in over you're head over.

That just my opinion, but you're entitled to believe what you may.

On a side note, Today i feel better and at grip with the world and as an alternative to X, this Friday i should be experimenting with some ketamine. Just going to see how it goes and see what the experience is like. Anyone here have any experience with ket?

Peace,

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

Offlinesleepingbigguy
homosapien
 User Gallery

#4327982 - 06/23/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well, i know what your saying about all the contradictions, every study concludes something different which contradicts the previous, it is frustrating trying to find something with merit. Alls i know is that i have seen several studies that show spots in the brain that die from too much x. For me it's the all natural, look what meth does to teeth, that is enough evidence for me to stay away from man mades.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale