Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Drug war victims
    #2333157 - 02/14/04 12:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was talking to my good friend michel. He told me something the other day that i won't be able to forget for a while. He said his bro got arrested driving with a pound of bud, and a kilo of coke. he got five years. 2 years in he got shanked to death.
Lets here some of your storys. And not "oh i had to go to jail for 3 days and got 6 months probation" i wana here some sad shit.
I was thinking, and all we drug users need is some mainstream coverage. Like a full scale advertizing campaine. Have somebody come on and tell about how they spent 10 years in prison, got buttraped, and had they'r lives ruined over the drug war.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: Drug war victims [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2333704 - 02/14/04 07:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i don't have any stories, but i think we're all victims in one way.

the drug war is a major part of the system which has been designed to demonize anyone who deviates by thought or action from the confines of the reality in which they are supposed to be contained.
two words...
thought control.

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: Drug war victims [Re: Clean]
    #2333776 - 02/14/04 08:37 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This one time a group of police asked us to move from the park if we wanted to smoke weed because there were kids around.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2334025 - 02/14/04 11:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Get involved!!

I mean one things for sure, we are all going to die one day, let your voice be heard today, personally I think anyone can change things.
for me the shock that I have no one in my corner to help me with my health promblems set me thinking.
But yeah I have seen friends and family get introduced to a cold world for what? a fucking plant man.

I mean if I raped a girl the punishment is due
or if I murdered..
robbed..cheated
..but for getting high I could get stuck in a facility with fucks that do rape, steal and even murder others..not cool man.

As I roll a joint and have to worry about exactly what happened to your friends bro happening to me..the fucks that would judge me are sitting down to there beers an bottles..
A drug which is far more dangerous than marijuana.
It is simply wrong.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2334501 - 02/14/04 01:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

www.drugwarrant.com

they have a listing of all the wrongfully killed innocent people.

quite a few were blown to pieces while trying to defend their family from a dea raid at the wrong house in the middle of the night.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Drug war victims [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2335594 - 02/14/04 08:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm somewhat of a victim. I got hit with a "loitering where drugs are kept" misdemeanor charge which cost me my job, at least 600 dollars overall, 2 weeks of community service, and 11 months of probation. Just for being in the area of a doob. What a waste of time and what a crock of shit.

This is why I joined NORML. Stop prosecuting potsmokers!

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2336172 - 02/15/04 01:29 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My brother in law has a father who dates a widow. This woman is a widow because her and her husband were asleep in their house one night and they heard a bunch of explosions going off. The dea was performing a drug raid and threw tear gas canisters into the house. The DEA had the wrong house, the man who lived there got his pistol to see what was going on, and the DEA killed him.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: Drug war victims [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2336364 - 02/15/04 02:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The DEA are the people the terrorists need to be targetting, its a biproduct of a badly devised capitalist system.

Your system states that people are allowed to own firearms to protect themselves but at the same time the people who are meant to protect you fucking shoot you for following what was laid down when your country was "founded"

IMO theres two aspects of it: the X files stylee "oh they don't want us thinking" theory and the fact that almost any drug you can think of has bad sides whether you like to admit them or not.

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#2955587 - 08/02/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Clean said:
i don't have any stories, but i think we're all victims in one way.

the drug war is a major part of the system which has been designed to demonize anyone who deviates by thought or action from the confines of the reality in which they are supposed to be contained.
two words...
thought control.

wow...
three days after i made that post i was caught in a raid and am still going through the system.
i'll take this opportunity to say fuck america and any country that would be so arrogant as to think it can make a plant illegal!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2955596 - 08/02/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Wow man, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.  :frown:  Care to share your story?

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: Drug war victims [Re: MOTH]
    #2955664 - 08/02/04 10:05 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

all i'll say in this context is that both the war on drugs and the general ignorance harbored by a large portion of society to the devastating impact it has on good people's lives is one of the major problems of our time. the war on drugs is about a war on thinking and the human mind, and it's hindering our evolution.
i'm a non violent person who likes to use an herb to pray, meditate, and relax yet that somehow makes me a criminal who should be put in chains...

my good friend who was busted for the unforgivable and diabolical crime of cultivating marijuana will probably do more time in prison than the average child molester.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2955899 - 08/02/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

by doing or manufacturing drugs you are knowling breaking a law. Obviously the correct answer here is to change thelaw FIRST and do the drugs LATER.

Otherwise, dont bitch when you get busted by cops who are doing their job.

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: Drug war victims [Re: Barbi]
    #2955965 - 08/02/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

just doing their job which is completely wrong.
sure cops have the right to make a living. but is it right to make a living ruining people's lives for absolutely nothing?

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2956694 - 08/02/04 02:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

cops dont make laws, politicians do. I fyou dont like the laws, do soemthing about changing it. Breaking it is not a logical acceptable answer.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2957079 - 08/02/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If a cop knows its a victimless crime, and continues to ruin lives, he then becomes a slave to the almighty dollar.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #2957081 - 08/02/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's your responsibility to take all precautions not to get caught.
This means not hanging out with people who are well-known to be associated with drug doin's.

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#2957418 - 08/02/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I fyou dont like the laws, do soemthing about changing it. Breaking it is not a logical acceptable answer.

i don't think i ever said that it was...

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2957474 - 08/02/04 05:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Check out the links in my sig.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Anonymous #1

Re: Drug war victims [Re: Oook]
    #2957486 - 08/02/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This one time a group of police asked us to move from the park if we wanted to smoke weed because there were kids around.

haha! that's great. around here you get arrested.  :thumbdown:

...its a biproduct of a badly devised capitalist system.

there's nothing capitalist at all about the drug war. it's actually quite anti-capitalist.

Anonymous #1

Re: Drug war victims [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2957520 - 08/02/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Check out the links in my sig.

i was watching cops one say and this cop was carrying on...

"you see, it's not really a victimless crime. all kinds of stuff goes along with it. we've got people killing eachother over drugs and commiting crimes to support their habits..."

:mad2:

well mr. po man... when you make it impossible to settle business disputes legally in a court of law, people will turn to their own means. duh.

when you judge the successfullness of your prohibition efforts by how high you can push the price of addictive drugs, is it any surprise that some people turn to crime to feed their addiction? i know people who, if cigarettes were illegal and you had to get them from a dealer for $50 a pack, might start stealing for cig money... but they don't, because they can get 'em at the corner store for $4.

bah.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Drug war victims *DELETED* [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2958594 - 08/02/04 11:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Drug war victims [Re: poke smot!]
    #2959597 - 08/03/04 09:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

not to mention locking drug-users up is the least cost-effective way of reducing drug consumption.

#1 it costs like 20k a year in tax $$ to keep someone in a cell

#2 it shifts the focus away from heavy dealers to the street-level dealers and users, (who are more easily caught) who, when arrested, are replaced in about 5 seconds - while the main flow of drugs remains unscathed.

#3 when there is higher risk with dealing drugs, the prices go UP. so all of the sudden the users can't afford their habit ---> this leads to more crime.

the drug war accomplishes nothing and ruins people's lives at the expense of the taxpayer.

OfflinePotIsYourFriend
Pot Inspector

#2976496 - 08/07/04 07:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
by doing or manufacturing drugs you are knowling breaking a law. Obviously the correct answer here is to change thelaw FIRST and do the drugs LATER.

Otherwise, dont bitch when you get busted by cops who are doing their job.

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
cops dont make laws, politicians do. I fyou dont like the laws, do soemthing about changing it. Breaking it is not a logical acceptable answer.

Then I guess Hitlers Army was just doing there job also. Just because its a law doesn't make it right. I would bet if you had cops vote if they could just write tickets than having to take them to jail they would gladly stop arresting people for grass..

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Drug war victims [Re: ]
    #2980890 - 08/09/04 09:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm Dutch (I can buy weed and shrooms in legitimate stores within a 1 mile radius) but I'll tell you what really drove the WoD home to me.
WARNING: Pissed off Dutch guy with hangover, political rant!

The War on Drugs:

PRISON TIME: the US deals out over 1.000.000 years of mandatory minimum prison time for drugs in chuncks of 5 years and up.

JUSTICE:  Texas judges have complained they have to sentence more prison time for posession of crack cocaine of a known drug felon then they are allowed to stick to a rapist. The judges cannot dispense justice where it comes to drugs as their hands are tied by mandatory shit imposed on -their job-

INJUSTICE:  people have been put on trial because an informer -claimed- they -had been- in possession of drugs. (Salem revisited)
If i give you a kilo of sugar and say its a kilo of Drug X both of us are put to justice -as if it WERE a kilo of Drug X- which includes 10 years prison time for "alleged drugs" or how its called.
Five dollars of crack = 5 years in a prison chain gang
5 million ripped off the poor = 5 years in Congress :mad2:

RACISM: The great majority of the prison population consists of inmates of all colors but white.. because of the -fact- that the vast majority of police time is spent on watching those small minority groups. (who simply cannot and doesnt have such a disproportional amount of drug-offenders) And meanwhile white supremacist Timothy McVeigh blows  Oklahoma City to shreds, which leads to a muslim-hunt throughout the US until err.. it was a white dude, while officer Pig leers at a black man's crack hoping to bust him with his pants down :mad2:

Imagine a group of Korean girls emptying out glocks in a driveby shooting. I bet that's near inconcievable. Somehow, in America, most people automatically think of "young angry black gangsters with drug involvement" when you say "emptying out glocks in a driveby shooting". Now thats -five modifiers- which is statistically unlikely.. Unless the 1960s civil rights movements only succeeded in driving racist policy underground instead of ending it.
Imagine that 1980s South Africa made the -exact same- tv show called "COPS" as was so popular in the US..
Ouch..

FUNDING:  the DEA and prison system is partly self-funding by sale of seized assets and gov't tax funding. So..  they decide who they bust, they can put you on trial and get you convicted for -alleged- drugs with the judge's hands tied by mandatory minimum sentences to send them off to jails that give as much profit as there are prisoners.

Let's make the list:
Over 1.000.000 years of mandatory prison years dealt every 5 years..
Extreme law enforcement over-zealousness to watch, arrest and jail ethnic minorities on -bogus- or bullshit charges like posession of smokable flowers, building and filling jails with ethnic minorities and -sell off their assets- empoverishing their already weakened community further into ethnic ghettos surrounded by police willing to call in the military and the tanks when there's a riot.

It sounds like one of those old German scheisse movies with the loud-screaming pissed-off guy that made the world smell his armpit by raising his arm all the time. 

How about us from the UN giving you American taxpayers a break?
Let the United Nations put up an electrified fence around the United States of America on our cost, instead of on yours, because the out-of-control justice system is hard on its way to incarcerate the entire nation. Look: For us foreigners its easy as pie to say in twenty years or so that the United Jails of America lies between Canada and Mexico but you got to live there.

The War on Drugs is a tragedy beyond comprehension. If you look at statistics 1.000.000 years of jailtime every five years means plain and simple that the United States assassinates 20.000 full lifetimes of its own citizens each year on bullshit charges pertaining to powders and herbs some folks like to stick up their own brains.

War on Drugs! A War goes both ways, this is an unilateral assault of a gov't against its own populace. In the name of Peace the US gov't should slowly back away and ease into -realistic- drug policy before the US drug community actually takes them up on the War thing and strikes back like in Colombia where nobody is safe anymore and everybody is either shooting up or shooting each other.
Pot-growing hippies fertilize cannabis plants. They do -not- fertilize gov't buildings. Let's in the name of all that does not suck prevent more tragedy, carnage and retaliation from happening by stopping the decline of common sense that goes on on increasingly grand scale.

Mr. President: do you want less violence? less drug-abuse? less terrorism?
Fine! We all do! You can pull the plug on it by actively spreading  :heart:LOVE :heart: instead of hate. If the people are --under the impression they are happier-- they will commit less violence, crime and are less likely to abuse or even take drugs.
Because its all about --STATISTIC POPULATION UNHAPPINESS-- which is artificially cranked up by the powers that be.. you.

But no.. The US policy has always been one of simplification.
I realistically think that drugstrade etc will be soon be categorized as a form of international/domestic terrorism and the War on Drugs will be assimilated into the War on Terrorism.

California was the State of Love in the 1960s..
Nowadays the biggest union in California is that of prison personnel and they chose The Terminator for governor.
"Where have all the flowers gone?" the US Gov't Paraquat-herbicided those fields, a lesson learned and skill honed in the Vietnam War.

In the name of God, Love, Peace or whatever does it for you: elect people that suck to the least extent and pull the fuse out of the powderbarrel before the US blows up and takes the whole world along with it. The War on Drugs is a horrible tragedy and the drug community, especially the black community which is hardest hit, should be credited for an almost Gandhi approach to it.

Let's introduce the people who gave us the War of Drugs to the Peace of Drugs.
Sit down on the ground and hit a bong with us mr. President, tell us your story and we'll tell you ours, have some grass and chill out and we'll see if we can set you up with the tie-dye chick with the beads you're leering at :heart: :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale