Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do?
    #4244486 - 06/01/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hi. these are the containers about 1 1/2 weeks ago:

they havnt improved since. they have been incubating for about 4 weeks now. today i opened the container that is doing the best. the poo was very soggy and the myc looks pretty fuzzy on top. im pretty sure these are way too moist. the poo felt rea damp. i took off the plastic lids on them and left them in the incubator with just tin foil and poked holes.
what can i do to save these? there is no contam as far as i can tell. they dont smell bad. but i think soon cobweb may set in if i dont act fast.
can i add verm to them and mix it up, so hopfully the verm will absorb some moisture? i know ive read not to mix up partially colonized poo, but why not? how come you can mix up a mycobag of grain when partially colonized but i cant stir up my poo? i hope these can be saved, or at least 1 of them.
this is tenn stud poo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4244504 - 06/01/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

How long have they had foil on them? Did you attempt to incubate these with the plastic lids on them? The spawn needs some air outlets for CO2 expulsion or they will stall.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: Wronguy]
    #4244513 - 06/01/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

^^:thumbup:

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4244532 - 06/01/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i had foil on with poked holes and the lids with small drilled holes on since day 1, almost 4 weeks now. there were many poked holes in the lids and i even poked through those holes through the tin foil. i saw someone on here like prisoner or diver use poked lids so i thought i would.

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4244570 - 06/01/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I would lose those plastic lids personally. Use the foil with holes punched with a fork. Leave the foil on and place them in the dark. Do not cover the tops with anything, but the foil.

Do not mess with the substrate at this point. You'll disturb the network it's forming.

What temps are you incubating at?

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: Wronguy]
    #4244598 - 06/01/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

contams.

Did it STOP or Stall....

If it

-Stopped
-Smells

Then it's a contam...

I doubt it's a high concentarted amount of co2 IMO.

But I could be wrong.

-Gnostic

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

#4244608 - 06/01/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You might try mixing with baked dry vermiculite

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: korins]
    #4245033 - 06/01/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I would drill holes in the plastics lids (5 or 6 holes at 1/4 inch diameter) and cover with 3M Nexcare Flexible Clear Transpore Surgical Tape.

You can find it at Wal Mart, Drug Stores in the First Aid section.

I've had to deal with foil and saran wrap a few times and wished I'd had lids, so don't lose them, just modify them so you can have some gas exchange.

Just for future reference.

Me personally, I've chucked a few tubs that stalled for that long, so please post back if you have any luck making changes that positively affect the outcome of the tubs.

Thanks

OfflineHobbla
Youngin'

Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: mushroommark]
    #4245310 - 06/01/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If the holes are punctured in the top, CO2 is heavier than air, so it seems like it might just sit in the container and fresh air wouldn't circulate in...try fanning them off about 3 times a day before you take any drastic measures

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: Hobbla]
    #4249368 - 06/02/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i wasnt able to get on here after my last post yesterday...so here i am again. the situation is the same.
the containers do not smell, in fact they smell exactly the same as when i first opened my package from ten stud.
i took off the white lids and simply have foil with poked holes now.
i checked them again today and im pretty positive the problem is dampness. the poo is very very wet. it was not this wet when i first opened my bag of poo. i dont know how the got so wet but they are(maybe from being in my tit...who knows)
lets assume they have stalled do to being too wet. what can i do to save them? is there a way to somehow evaporate moisture out? would anyone suggest mixing in some verm into them? i'ld really like to save these if possible.

Edited by Shnezbit (06/02/05 05:58 PM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #4249380 - 06/02/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I know what type of tubs you have, they are far from air tight, you didnt need to use foil. You know what id to is pc some dry verm 15 psi 20 mins, then mix it in.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #4249381 - 06/02/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I know what type of tubs you have, they are far from air tight, you didnt need to use foil. You know what id to is pc some dry verm in quart jars 15 psi 20 mins, then mix it in.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4249420 - 06/02/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

im thinking i will do that. i hesitate though cause ive read so often not to mix partially colonized poo, not sure why if u can to grain based myco bags. but at this point with them incubating for about 1 month now im thinking it may be the only chance of saving them.
anyone else think its a good idea at this point? diver, scat, hippiechic, agar maybe u guys have an opinion if ur not too tired of dealing with noobie problems like mine?
another idea i had was of maybe turning them upside down for a few hours to drain them out some. i dont know...what should i do?

Edited by Shnezbit (06/02/05 06:13 PM)

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #4249527 - 06/02/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Just leave the lid off and wait to see what happens. 9 outa 10 times you might have a bacterial problem. But you'll never know unless you try to dry up the substrate some. That's your best bet. Even set it outside on a warm day in indirect sunlight to speed things up, but make sure it's uncovered. Or covered with the lid on quite crooked.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4249562 - 06/02/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hmmm...that sounds like that might be a good idea. i think ill try that unless someone has a better suggestion. in the mean time im gonna go coverless.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#4249659 - 06/02/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well i took the foil off both. the one that is less colonized i added verm to. when i mixed it with my hands i noticed the poo had was very gooey...almost like buble gum. im assumeing the other one probably has the same consistency. i guess ill see what happens but im not feeling too optimistic after feeling how gooey the poo is now.

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
    #4249926 - 06/02/05 08:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if its too wet and they're stalling, dry the condensation off the sides when it forms real thick, and fan em real good a few times a day. i had a tub that did that, and started to smell kind funny too, but after some drying and fanning the smell went away, and it resumed growth. now when i open it i'm greeted by the nice semi-sweet mycelium smell...

i've also tried stirring up a poorly mixed batch of substrate, and within two days it TOOK OFF..so dont be afraid to do that and mix in some dry verm if you need to. at this stage the mycelium is very hardy, it seems to me.

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: starseed1066]
    #4249986 - 06/02/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

thx starseed for the input about your own experiences with a similar situation. you give me hope man! im definately gonna do the fanning thing too now.
btw i decided to take some of the poo from the 1 i mixed and mixed that with 2 cakes that just finished their 3rd flush. i put that stuff into 2 small plastic containers, mb like 1 1/2 pint containers and what was left over i put in a 1/2 pint jar. fingers crossed now.

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4283641 - 06/11/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Just curious what Diver.. Roadkill..Agar.. (other smart people I can't think of right now).. thinks about adding verm to wet poo. Or just what do you guys do in general for wet/stalled poo?

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

Re: HELP! poo 20% colonized stalled too wet, what can i do? [Re: Quiescence]
    #4283675 - 06/11/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Just an idea, I was thinking about using this myself on my moist jars.

What if you layer a wee bit of Desiccant (absorbent powder found in those little packets) in the bottom of you incubator. This can help dry out the air and indirectly dry out the casings.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix