Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen?
    #4245159 -

I have a character who is forced to eat vegetable broth every day. That's the only thing he is given to eat and he's been eating it for about 4 years now.

What would happen to the body if you did this? What sort of problems would you run into? Would your teeth and hair fall out or what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: MOTH]
    #4245171 -

If he's been doin it for 4 years now with no problems then I doubt anything would happen in the future.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: DNKYD]
    #4245176 -

No, what I mean is that I'm trying to decide if he WOULD have problems from eating only vegetable soup everyday for four years...

Because I want to be realistic with this as a writer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: MOTH]
    #4245181 -

Personally, I'd go crazy from meat withdrawals.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4245204 -

I would miss it too...this particular character is not allowed to partake of the flesh of beasts. He is only given the soup.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: MOTH]
    #4245207 -

4 years is a long time... teeth would probably rot (but no scurvy), he'd have a super clean GI tract (and as such would shit liquid)..... I guess it depends on what vegetables.... if he's eating solids at least he would be getting *some* fibre; or is it just the broth?


I'd say rot-toothed, liquid shiter


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: blink]
    #4245214 -

I was thinking maybe they would give him raw fruit and stuff, and possibly nuts. 

Can't have the Seraph of Eerynil getting all nasty-mouthed...

But they would let him live with the shits.  :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: MOTH]
    #4245230 -

EllemyshShade said:
I was thinking maybe they would give him raw fruit and stuff, and possibly nuts.



He might get away with it and still be somewhat normal functioning...
protein would be his first problem

If you allow him to eat grains (flax) as well then he should be able to adapt to it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: blink]
    #4245236 -

blinkidiot said:
EllemyshShade said:
I was thinking maybe they would give him raw fruit and stuff, and possibly nuts.



He might get away with it and still be somewhat normal functioning...
protein would be his first problem

If you allow him to eat grains (flax) as well then he should be able to adapt to it.



Cool, thanks for the feedback.  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: MOTH]
    #4245240 -

He'd be getting a lot less fats and protein (unless there's soy in the soup) than a person on a normal diet. He'd also be suffering from vitamin B deficiency.


--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? *DELETED* [Re: ummikko]
    #4245259 -

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: blink]
    #4245266 -

where's shroomism when you need him?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: blink]
    #4245276 -

blinkidiot said:
can he eat people?



Can he eat people? Hmm...I'd say no, but I might want to consider the idea further.

But probably no. The Tharkosens eat people though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: MOTH]
    #4245315 -

I would get pretty sick of eating only vegetable soup after about a week probably. I couldnt do it.


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: MOTH]
    #4245319 -

you would be a vegetarian?


haha depends whats in the soup i guess

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4245327 -

If you made it a really good thick soup with soy texture, and served some kind of special heavy bread made with various highly nutritious grains (flax fo shizzle), he'd be a healthy guy..


--------------------
...in my opinion

Life's too short, man.. Life's too short. Dont hate me, and I wont put space between us. Dont lie to me, and I wont dislike you. Keep an open mind, and I'll love you.

My advice of the week(do this, you'll like it): listen to Mahogany Rush.

Representing Beatiful British Columbian classic dank. Just think, Columbia for coke, British Columbia for buds. truth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4245338 -

mattzdope said:
I would get pretty sick of eating only vegetable soup after about a week probably. I couldnt do it.



Yah, he doesn't really have a choice in the matter and when he leaves and learns that there is other food out there I'm sure he'll feel pretty bitter that they made him eat soup all the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: MOTH]
    #4245473 -

well quite a few vegetables has vitamin c so I couldn't see him getting scurvy.. I don't know what he would suffer from.. maybe lack of omega 3 fatty acids.. lol.. but then again 99% of americans already do. I don't know.. he'd probably be relatively healthy..

It would be better if he was forced to eat nothing but twinkies, or steak. Then he could have a sudden stroke.. and all kinds of fun stuff.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4245501 -

oh vegetable broth only? well probably the first thing that would happen is he would get constipated because his colon would atrophy from lack of bulk fiber. And so on.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you ate nothing but vegetable soup everyday, what would happen? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4245514 -

Well, he can't be too sickly or at the brink of death otherwise there is no story.  :wink:

I think they might give him access to raw fruit/vegees.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anybody else prepared for significant backlash against psychedelics in lieu of their therapeutic use? jdawg333 390 5 05/05/21 01:51 PM
by mAver
* Chocolate Soup RebelSteve33 1,148 7 04/14/03 06:06 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* What will happen on December 21, 2012?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Brukan 18,124 111 05/22/19 08:07 AM
by Antigov
* I quit weed and kratom at the same time and haven't felt this good in years lifeiswhatyoumake 680 5 05/04/21 08:04 PM
by morrowasted
* Ultimate 60's psychedelic compilation LearyfanS 2,649 11 01/22/03 09:48 AM
by sir tripsalot
* Famous psychedelic & other drugs users
( 1 2 3 all )
mntlfngrs 15,147 45 07/06/09 07:00 AM
by entheogensmurf
* best psychedelic albums? NiGGy 3,494 19 04/29/03 12:40 PM
by gnrm23
* My talk with the racists at stormfront.
( 1 2 all )
JiminiCricket 11,357 28 04/19/15 10:31 AM
by zappaisgod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,295 topic views. 7 members, 27 guests and 176 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.