Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinebizzaroSquirrel
residentsquirrel

Loc: Melbourne, Aust
Question on blue color.
    #4231756 - 05/28/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hi guys,
I had a question on this blue color that is meant to be so obvious that anyone can notice it.
I remem last year i had a few half-hearted looks for mushrooms on my farm when i was getting the cows in, i would grab a few mushrooms that looked like copelandia cyanescans and flick the side to see if there was a color change... never saw it. 
Anyway, im going back to the farm when uni holidays come in a few weeks (im in victoria australia), so im going to have a better look around.  I just wanted to make sure im looking at the correct "blue" color that is always talked about.

I am assuming these mushrooms are copes from memory, but after a look in the subforum they could prob be anything. 

Anyway, i have a few pics of copelandia and what seems to be blue?can i get some feedback?

Isnt this black?  The bottom circle looks sort of blue.
I had always assumed it was a more vibrant blue :smile:

Ok, i see how this is blue.. but....

... what about these ones?

I see no blue here.

This one is blue??

picture says it all.

(i have taken these pics from other random threads, hope that doesnt break any rules/etiquette)

I'll have a printout of cope descriptions and will check the spore print color of what i pick.  I saw in some other thread that there are a few other similar shrooms that work well at tripping up newbie hunters, but thought knowing this would prob be a good start.
Thanks for anyhelp, this is my first post btw, so be nice  :grin:

squirrel

--------------------
Hello Friends.
I am a perfectly normal human worm baby.
You have nothing, absolutely nothing to fear from me, just pay no attention to me and we will get along fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCyberdyne
Stranger
Re: Question on blue color. [Re: bizzaroSquirrel]
    #4232072 - 05/28/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The blueing will often be very dark, and may turn to black fairly quickly. The key is watching for a distinct and noticeable change in colour around the gills or edges of the cap at the very least.

Mushrooms in certain areas will alos blue considerably more than in other areas. Its really down to experience to be able judge what is blueing and what isn't, but suffice to say, with copelandia's, they are going to blue noticeably

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #4232299 - 05/29/05 01:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Blueing in the first picture looks normal..but regardless, if you are not sure of the bruising then you shouldn't rely on blue bruising for identification purposes...  you should key them and take a spore print if you want to verify your finds.. Bruising is only one factor in identifying.  :smirk:

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Question on blue color. [Re: motaman]
    #4232853 - 05/29/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

agreed. But, I guess you get an eye for it :smile: I can distinguish the blue from the black (spores).
Personally, I would print each one, too. I see a fatter stem or two in the box.
Nice pics :thumbup:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (05/29/05 09:21 AM)

OfflinebizzaroSquirrel
residentsquirrel

Loc: Melbourne, Aust
Re: Question on blue color. [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4233933 - 05/29/05 04:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the replies :smile:
I actually found a web page with a heap of blueing pics not long after i posted.  http://www.mushroomjohn.com/bluecube1.htm
Sorry, I guess i should have held off posting until i had a better search around (im just getting impatient, only 2 weeks until all exams are over and im FREE!).

Quote:

motaman said:
you should key them and take a spore print if you want to verify
your finds.. Bruising is only one factor in identifying.

Yep yep, will do.  Just thought that if i knew what the blue color was, i could chuck ones that werent changing color as i was walking around the paddocks.

Cheers,
squirrel

--------------------
Hello Friends.
I am a perfectly normal human worm baby.
You have nothing, absolutely nothing to fear from me, just pay no attention to me and we will get along fine.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

#4234096 - 05/29/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, cubensis blues very well, and it's brusing is very easy to notice.

--------------------
So it goes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder