Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Copelandia chlorocystis: At Long Last in Florida [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2401530 - 03/04/04 06:03 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I'm bouncing this one back to the top here..
with some questions (Im just looking at Page 3);

When it says they grow in fairy rings, does that mean they grow in large rings the size of a hoola-hoop, or small rings the size of dinner plates?

Next, it says they grow from June to March... that's sort of a strange season wouldn't you say?

Next, are there actual specimens of the mushrooms stored at this University of Miami Marine Lab?
-Is it possible to go there are request to see them?

Last, do any of you know how to make heads or tails of the gill plate picture, with your own scopes? T?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Copelandia chlorocystis: At Long Last in Florida [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2403779 - 03/04/04 05:48 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

The herbariums are refrenced in the journal article. The marine biology school was just a property they were picked at.

Fairy rings? I never found any lawn pans growing in rings. Solitary to haphazardly grouped at best.

The season in Miami is all year, with maybe January being a down time, if no irrigation is present on the property. If it rains they will come.

Picture? Do you mean the drawing of the gill fragment with a typical Copelandia pleurocystidia imbedded through it. Supposedly they have green apexes, don't know why he choose to color the entire metuloid(pleurocystidia).

The macro is what confuses me. It looks like a squat version of the typical lawn pan(our mystery buddy). Doesn't look like any copelandia?

I guess you could try and request access, but possession is illegal, and We don't have a license to research.

Maybe MJ could get access, or get us in? I know I am not walking in without a IN.

I still look for them when ever I go hunting!!! But it has been over two decades since they were found last.

OR our mystery pan might be the remnants of that mushroom. Only major difference is spore number, which is not fixed in stone. The mystery pan does have vestigial pleurocystidia that are green!!!

MJ says he picked them. DID THEY RESEMBLE OUr MYSTERY PAN macroscopically?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck