Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOJ
old hand
Blue Ringers
    #360955 - 07/25/01 08:29 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, i know it blue ringer season and i live in Bellingham Washington... (PNW)
what charecteristics do blue ringers have compared to other mushrooms that would be growing this time of year ?

thank you!

OJAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Blue Ringers [Re: OJ]
    #360995 - 07/25/01 09:54 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, you can go to my web-site and bring yup the P. stunzii photographs of them. I have been picking them every week since !pril. However I also found a bunch in March. Posted several images here but check this out at my site for some variation of them and bluing in them to help you recognize them better.

Also check the P. fimetaria out too they have a blue ring also and are macroscopically similar and grow in the lawns along with P. stuntzii, as do sometimes P. baeocystis. Check them in lawns and my picturess for a variety of the various characteristics of this speices.

Mj

go to:

http://mjshroomer.yage.net/species.html

and then see P. stuntzii, P. fimetaria and/or P. baeocystis. Thes shrooms also come up in OCtober to December in Alder chips and in lawns throughout most of the year, especially in new laid sod and in or around lawns in parks, office buildings, condos, restaurants, etc. created during say the last three years or so.

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #361023 - 07/25/01 10:52 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yep, what MJ said. Also, they are sort of singled out, because of their blue ring. It's so obvious, because the ring has a good amount of spores on it, causing a deep blue color.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineOJ
old hand
Re: Blue Ringers [Re: Levi7]
    #361137 - 07/26/01 02:58 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

thank you MJ, your site is extremely helpfull..

but does every blue ringer have a blue ring? I know these questions sound like they are comming from a retard, but i am learnin..

thanks levi

OfflineOJ
old hand
    #361145 - 07/26/01 03:11 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

MJ, you wouldnt happen to know of a good place to mushroom hunt in Bellingham for stuntzii would you?

thanks..
[peace - love - and empathy]
OJAY

Edited by OJ on 07/26/01 04:37 AM.

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
    #361343 - 07/26/01 11:32 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Howdy OJ,
I'm not positive, but I believe the stuntzii's don't always show bluing, so be careful. Check Mj's pics of the Galerina's(I think he has some photos comparing the two species).They are considered a lookalike,they grow in the same type habitat, and they can be deadly.Always take a sporeprint.

doo

Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb.

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

OfflineOJ
old hand
Re: Blue Ringers [Re: doo]
    #361392 - 07/26/01 01:18 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

aiight i will check into those deadly mushrooms..

thanks a lot doo!

OfflineRE_4chica
Stranger
Loc: Washington State, USA
    #362074 - 07/27/01 03:48 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I'm also from that area, well, North Bend Washington....We get a lot of Blue Ringers here....They come in bunches, and the baby ones don't have blue rings aroung them yet. They have to be more mature to acually show the blue ring:+)

Laura

--------------------
Smoke it up, Toke it up....Inhale, Exhale...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Blue Ringers [Re: RE_4chica]
    #362218 - 07/27/01 09:20 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Edited by mjshroomer on 07/27/01 10:21 PM.

Edited by mjshroomer on 07/27/01 10:21 PM.

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
    #362351 - 07/28/01 02:42 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

OJ, i am but a hop skip away from the ham and actually just got back from chilling up there, its raining hard and my bros houses basement is filling with water, its quiet dubious...but anyway. Its not cold enough yet but SOON you can start hunting for liberty caps in pasture land. You may find the blue ringer variety called ps sierre (bad spelling), also know as subfimentaria. The straight up stunzii or fimentaria have eluded me up north here but i have found them (stunzii) randomly on my sisters inlaws deck in a flower pot. Anyway you best bet is to try for some liberty caps in september or possilby later this month if the weather goes freestyle and gets alot cooler. Also a big hint on the goods, you know all that new alder mulch they have laid down in fairhaven park....the newest stuff is visible coming down fairhaven parkway toward fairhaven, look for cyans in all alder mulch beds, new ones that they laid last fall should be golden this season, but thats not till prolly novemeber or oct if things go well. Damn i am a talkative retard tonight, paso...

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: Blue Ringers [Re: cardboard]
    #362352 - 07/28/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Cardboard, you rock!
You know this weather, huh? Considering the fact that we've had spring so far, not summer, Liberty caps are probably gonna grow early. My hunch, anyways.
I think I might check out the Skagit for some munch.
If you're interested, Let me know. I can go get OJ and stuff.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #362353 - 07/28/01 02:55 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Wait............that was kinda disrespectful. Let me rephrase.
I'd like to go hunting with you, Cardboard, for Liberty caps in the Skagit Valley. If you'd like too, let me know. Also, I'd like to bring OJ. I haven't met him, but I like him. I think he'd be fun to hang with. You're like about 4 hours away. If I'm gonna drive up there, I'd like it to be worthwhile and meet you and OJ.
He needs to find some good ones. We can help.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Offlinecardboard

#362483 - 07/28/01 11:35 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I think the temps need to drop down to like 50's range before the semi's will start poppin up, the weather this summer has been kinda wierd but thats not unusual. I would say by mid september they will definetly be up. Last year i collected my first semis on september 2nd or something, that was pretty good. Anyway i would be down to hook up with you Levi and do some hunting up here, the skagit valley is a very rocking place to hunt and the fields up here are pretty pluntiful. This OJ character is a real gray area tho, if i recall right from last year hes only like 15 years old. I have offered to take him hunting but think he needs to drive somewhere to meet us, just seems like it could eliminate any potential trouble it could get us into. Ya know?? Seems like the trouble could be very troublessome if we somehow got caught picking up and taking a all out minor out to pic some illegal fungii. I guess i could be a bit paranoid. WHats you feeling on that issue? OJ any comments??

I bet the subfimentaria are already up but i should go looking for them but i am lazy and dont wanna get all wet tromping through fields unless i am gonna get the masses.

peace, cardbuardo

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #362495 - 07/28/01 12:04 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

OJ's been a member here since last season. Even though the shrooms weren't growing, he's still come around. I think he's got an interest in the subject. I don't think he'll just get high from mushrooms and quit learning. Seriously.
If he's not 16, he'll be 16 soon. Remember 16? I do and I would've definitely been greatful if someone showed me the tricks of the trade. Actually, people did do that for me. If no one helps, it's really hard to get to know the stuff.
I get your idea, though, cardboard. I wouldn't consider you a dick for it, either. It's your call. I'd like to hunt with you, myself. If no OJ, then cool. I promised him I'd take him this fall, though.
A promise is a promise that I made. You didn't, so again, it's your call. I respect your judgement.
You know how I am. I'm so hopeful. Man, I haven't picked the Libs for years. I'm all exaggerated about them growing early, but hell, I'm hyper.
Some books say August, though. I've never picked them that early, but someone must have. And well, Skagit is where they love to be!
Let me know, bro and Stay cool!-Levi7.

Offlinecardboard

#362534 - 07/28/01 01:40 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Well your right about OJ dedication to finding magic, he has posted posts asking for help on blue ringers pretty much every month even during the off season. Last fall he was going freestyle looking for them, he would post like every day asking for help. But i mean if he cant drive what are you gonna do go pick him up at his house?? I can just picture his mom answering the door and seeing a bunch of older grubby people saying they are taking her son out to find some drugs, lol. Some 16 year olds are not to bad but some are littlle punkasses that would prolly drive me insane just driving them to a field. Anyway i am definetly down to meet some more shroomerites and if you (levi) feel alright about taking OJ out with us then its cool with me i suppose. Do you remember they guy call azurescen from last fall?? I wonder what happenend to him, he took me out cyan hunting and i promised to show him the skagit valley lib fields but hes MIA. Damn i cant believe how fast time has flown and i cant wait to go hit the fields its insanity that august is only a few days away.

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #362540 - 07/28/01 01:51 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Azurescen? Yeah, he was from Bellingham, huh?
Knowledgeable guy, I thought.
I wouldn't pick OJ up at his house. I would meet him down by Cellophane Square, were the other skaters hang out.
I know that town up and down.
You're right! Times flies by without notice. Hell, I still got cyans in the fridge. I'm gonna have to throw them out to make room for my bushels of Libs!Hehe.
Come to think of it, I gotta throw out the old hamburger, chicken, steak, and ribs, too!hehe. Oh...............and the ice-maker. It takes up too much room!Hehe.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #362541 - 07/28/01 01:52 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Oh yeah, he's not OJ, like the murderer. He's OJ, like the Vitamin A potentiator! Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineOJ
old hand
    #363359 - 07/30/01 01:55 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I would love to go mushroom hunting with you two sometime, but if for any reason i am not invited it is cool with me... It's up to you fellas..

have a good day!

-OJAY!

OfflineIndiospree
addict
Loc: All over
    #363553 - 07/30/01 12:27 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Dude., I ate like 600-750 liberty caps last year... I know I'm not supposed to say that, but I'm lying, making it double bad. I tripped balls. Not even Mjshroomer will eat that dosage, I like was tripping before I was done eating! Now, a lot of people have already picked all the blue ringers around local spots, so I will not be able to attempt this dosage unless an adult helps me out... I am a beginner. Otherwise, me and OJ might be forced to go looking together, he lives close by and I am more capable of finding them with a homie watching out for ripoffs. OK, so that is why I am here, I test high dosages of mushrooms.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: Blue Ringers [Re: Indiospree]
    #363873 - 07/30/01 10:49 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Here's a mouthful of PS: Whoopdydooii! Picked straight outta bullshit! :P
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract