Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Time travellers we are- random thoughts
    #4157318 - 05/10/05 02:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Past, present and future are what really?

How do they serve us and how do they not serve us and how can they better serve us?

Yesterday was the future of 2 days ago. Today is the past of tomorrow and the future of yesterday and tomorrow is the future of today and the past of 2 days from now.

It comes down to those terms being locations for our own self orientation. It's like a YOU ARE HERE map at the mall. These terms are more like locations then linear transitions. The funny thing is that you can stay still for days and yet, you move on the map. Is there just one map of time locations? How can there be if time itself keeps changing it's landscape? How many are there? Can we use any we want or make new ones?

Related to meditation, how can you be still and moving at the same time? What really is the goal? It must have a purpose with an intent or people wouldn't do it. If it is something you do how can you be still while doing it and getting somewhere else with it?

When people do "stillness" meditations are they just engaged in self orienting? (like stopping at the YOU ARE HERE map in the mall).

Are they attempting to stop the movement of time around them or within them?  Does it work? If that's a reason, isn't that like playing frogger in the middle of a busy highway?

Sit still all you want and time moves through you and moves you through it.

Back to stillness as being a self orienting "activity". Whats the purpose for doing that? The only reason for locating where you are is relative to where and what? Where you wanted to be, where you want to go, where you came from and wanted to leave?

What if you don't want to leave where you are?  Time will move your ass on the map for you.

So much for stillness and being removed from desire. Oxy morons crack me up in a good way.

How do we really get movement to stop? We have to freeze stuff and slow down it's movement yet it is moving through something. How can that be? We say in theory we can journey for 50 years and come back to the second we left if we travel at the speed of light. We can freeze moments in time for ourselves to come back by speeding stuff up is a contradiction to stopping/freezing time by slowing things down.

WTF????????????Think about how funny that is.

My ice cubes are frozen in a past state here with me now in the present. They have been time traveling. If I melt them, will they have "lost" time or gained time? Can only one answer be correct. If both are then they do they become meaningless and or canceled out?

If I take water now and throw it into light speed it can go on for 30 years and come back to me in this same moment that I sent it off on its 30 year journey. Because it aged 30 years on its light speed journey and came back to the now, did it gain time or loose time? It's now 30 years older and not a second passed relative to me. It lost time in my time, yet it gained 30 years experience at the same time in it's time.

What does this mean?

Well, those are my scrambled eggs for this mornings breakfast. And to think I could've had toast or a grapefruit instead. :tongue:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (05/10/05 04:41 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Time travelers we are- random thoughts [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4157356 - 05/10/05 02:09 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

And this is jiggy WITHOUT psychedelics...  :shocked:  :wink: :heart:

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #4157414 - 05/10/05 02:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Lunar does Randy Jackson of American Idol imitation

Yo, Jiggy, wassup girl? I gotta give ya props for that one. You still the number one bitch in da dog pound. You picked the song, and you SANG IT!

"Time will move your ass on the map for you."

I gotta hand it to ya dog. Aaauuuu!!

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
    #4157423 - 05/10/05 02:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Related to medititation, how can you be still and moving at the same time? What really is the goal? It must have a purpose with an intent or people wouldn't do it. If it is something you do how can you be still while doing it and getting somewhere else with it?

The purpose of mediattion is to observe the movement of the mind, once you stop enaging in thinking about the thoughts, a backgrond stillness is touched upon, like the difference between the surface waves and the depths of the ocean, the waves stilll manifest, but they do not disturb the vast, silent deepths of the sea.

When people do "stillness" meditations are they just engaged in self orienting? (like stopping at the YOU ARE HERE map in the mall).

No thats not true, see above analogy

Are they attempting to stop the movement of time around them or within them? Does it work? If that's a reason, isn't that like playing frogger in the middle of a busy highway?

No attempt is made to stop anything is made in the practice of meditation. The key point is letting go and oberving the passage of thoughts without judgement, in this we discover the unconditioned depths of being

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: Time travelers we are- random thoughts [Re: egghead1]
    #4157461 - 05/10/05 02:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Somehow being out in the water scooting along with the sharks and manta rays looking down into the depths, but seeing the blue sky, clouds, people and things above the surface sounds better than actually being in the depths.  :wink:

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Time travelers we are- random thoughts [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4157492 - 05/10/05 02:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It an analogy lunar, not to be taken literally. :smirk: :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: Time travelers we are- random thoughts [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4157508 - 05/10/05 02:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"And this is Jiggy WITHOUT psychedelics... :shocked: :wink: :heart:"

:drumming: :cheers: :penis: :headbanger: :bananamusic:

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4157523 - 05/10/05 02:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Imagine the possibilities!  :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :zoom: :zoom: :zoom:

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#4157535 - 05/10/05 02:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I find the analogy analogous.

Consider the scuba diver, short on air, yet 100 feet down in the darkness of the cold Pacific water. He sees that ship wreck and its quiet desparation as a thing of beauty. His is the meditative contemplative way of the seeker of silence.

Contrast to the surfer, screaming down the face of a huge swell, in full adrenalin rush and knowing that to trip is just to fall...

Who is living the high life? Hmmm???

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4157557 - 05/10/05 02:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Using a different analogy, consider a super model who is caught up on surface superificiality, thinking, judging and percieving herself and others on a very superficial level, never knowing the real depths of beauty that lie within. Then compare that to an old zen practitoner, who knows the hidden depths of beauty and percieves the world as just the magically blissful play of non-dual phenomena. Which one has the better quality of life?

--------------------

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
    #4157564 - 05/10/05 02:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

thats not an analogy.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Time travelers we are- random thoughts [Re: Doom]
    #4157574 - 05/10/05 03:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I disagree

Analogy : A comparison of two things made to explain something unfamiliar through its similarities to something familiar, or to prove one point based on the acceptedness of another. Similes and metaphors are types of analogies.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4157649 - 05/10/05 03:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

in time, there is but one way.. change.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#4157652 - 05/10/05 03:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Duh! The super model!

--------------------

Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
    #4157712 - 05/10/05 03:29 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I think the ocean analogy is better explained as being the entire ocean, not just the depths. Like there's awareness of the surfer and his excitement, and there's the fish about to be eaten by a shark and its fear, and there's the serenity of the ocean depths, but also mindfulness of the magma that is flowing out of the cracks of the ocean floor and cooling off when it hits the water to become new rock formations. So the surfer is observed, but without identifying with him/her. May not be the high life, but certainly not the low life either!

Here's something of what Nagarjuna had to say about time in the Seventy Stanzas on Emptiness (it's kind of a confusing translation, and since it's taken out of context you might find it helpful to read this e-book  Causality and Emptiness: The Wisdom of Nagarjuna ) Have fun with this stuff! (It opened my mind way more than externally imbibed hallucinogens did :sun:)

"Here it is said . Those who affirm time distinguish manifold
times, thus time is existent .
Here it is explained. XXIX. The three times are non-existent
and are mere imagination, because (they) are non-enduring, are
reciprocally established, disordered, not established independently
and (because) an entity is non-existent .
Time is not established . It may be asked - why? - Because it is
non-enduring, that is, time is thought to be non-enduring . What is
non-enduring cannot be apprehended . How (then) is a name affixed
to what cannot be apprehended? Thus it (time) is not established .
Moreover, since (the three times) are reciprocally established, they
are imputed to be reciprocally established, that is, dependent upon
the past, present and future are established . Dependent upon the
present, past and future (are established) and dependent upon the
future, past and present (time) are established .
Time is not
established, since (the three times) are imputed to be established
dependently . (Moreover) it is not established, because (the three
times) are disordered . The very (same) time, when compared with
the present, is (called) present . The very (same time) is (called) past
when compared with the future and the very (same time) is (called)
future when compared with the past . Moreover, since substantial
existence is not established, time is not established independently .
Thus, it is not established . Moreover, it (time) is non-existent
because an entity is non-existent . If an entity were established, time
would also be established, yet, if sought, an entity is non-existent in
its intrinsic being . Therefore, time is just not established in its
intrinsic being, that is, it is just mere imagination. 23
Here it is said . It was taught that all compounded factors possess three characteristics - origination, duration and destruction
- and the opposite are the uncompounded factors . Therefore, the
compounded and the uncompounded factors are existent.......

XXXI. The undestroyed is not
destroyed, nor is the destroyed. The enduring does not endure, nor
does the unenduring endure. The originated does not originate, nor
does the unoriginated (originate).
At this point, it may be considered whether the originated
originates or the unoriginated (originates) . In this case, first, the
originated does not originate . It may be asked - why? - Because, it is
already originated . The unoriginated also does not originate . Why?
Because it is unoriginated . It may be considered whether the
enduring endures or the unenduring (endures) . In this case, the
enduring does not endure, because it is already enduring . The
unenduring also does not endure. Why? Because, it is unenduring .
Finally, it may be considered whether the destroyed is destroyed or
the undestroyed (is destroyed) . Neither alternative is justified . Thus
the compounded factors are non-existent, because even though they
are accepted, they are not justified through these three processes .
Since the compounded factors are not existent, the uncompounded
factors are likewise impossible."

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4157927 - 05/10/05 04:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It can't be taken literally like the idea of tuning into stillness. It is an absolute oxymoron.

"Tuning" in is a verb
"being" still is a verb
"harmonizing" with one is a verb
"releasing" all thought is a verb

You can say NO to all of my questions egg and believe in the idea of stillness. You just did so you proved that you can do that. I asked how it serves us besides being a self orienting tool or a futile means for stopping time and movement when we feel overwhelmed. Why didn't you add something to this post with your answer of how it serves you?

It's easy to take the path of least resistance. Here I will answer it and show you how.

I use to do and still do "stillness" meditations. They create the sensation or experience of everything slowing down and "stopping", at least the inner world of perception. My atoms are still flying around being lunged forward in space.

The meditations create a surreal opening to what appears to be the whole of time you can tap into for peace, new ideas, calm waters to self reflect upon or just "nothing". No matter how I look at it, action was involved from intent to a goal and an experience took place in between and time passed by.

Sometimes, I felt like I just wasted time because I have it to waste and that feels luxurious, especially in a crazy busy world where people think we are running out of time and there isn't enough time. Hahahahahahaha silly humans.

I know people like to think they can or are tapping into a still place of being but do they realize that tuning in with stillness can not be LITERALLY experienced. An experience requires the movement of time to be such.

The depths of the ocean are still? I saw a show last week where archaeologists were uncovering the bones of the first known whale called something that sounds like sillyosuarus. They were retrieving these bones from an ocean bed that is now a dry dessert on the surface of the planet. If the depths of the ocean were so still, how did they rise to the top to be blown away by the winds of time?

This wasn't so much about stillness or the virtues as coming as close as possible to it. I think it's hysterical that travel ling at the speed of freaking light is a better freeze of time then slowing down movement. I'm going to be trippen on that one for days.

There is more in here. My first post is riddled with maps. Where will they take me or any reader???????????????????

And you add to the delight of the post egg. Interesting to see how some read it and walls drop within them to give them more space to roam and how another can throw up a nother resistance wall for themselves. Does it bother you that you can't escape movement in the absolute sense egg? Why? Could it be that you actually agree with everything I am saying and just want to put resistance up to something? Why? Resistance isn't healthy state to be in.

Impermanence.................................means a lot of things. Some look at that word and think it means what is real doesn't change and cling to what they think doesn't change or move, but alas, linear perception can make things appear as such if they move very very slowly. Clinging/holding is an action word. There would be no need for clinging/holding onto anything if the winds of change blowing us around were not experienced as scary. Go zen and be the wind...........

The tree one holds onto will be blown away too. The sand one buries their head in will be blown away too. The depths one buries themselves in will rise to the surface to be revealed and then blown away as well.

Resistance is futile. For some, it's the only way to experience the force of their power. Would you rather experience yourself as the moving force that what is afraid of you puts up resistance too or be experience yourself as the force of resistance? Can you experience both at the same time? What happens then? Do you double your power? Hmmmm there is another one to trip on.

What exactly is it are you defending here egg? What are all of your "NOs" for?

Yes feels wonderful and free. Perhaps I just answered my own question. Yes. yes is the power of movement and No is what puts up the channel walls of the flow. Yes takes us there and preferences act as the destinations and Nos act as the guiding walls for direction we limit ourselves to go in. That must be how duality creates the perception of linear time. A full on Yes force with no preferences or guiding Nos can and does goes everywhere and anywhere. It can aim with preferences. The Nos aren't even required if you keep focus on the preference.

Tell me how Absolute stillness can be experienced by anyone. An experience requires movement and it doesn't even have to be linear. For anything to be frozen in time, the movement of time itself is required.

Tell me how it can be otherwise and you will take me somewhere I have gone before and can remember. That would be cool.

Stillness meditations rock because they are so wonderfully self indulgent. To be able to waste time doing nothing because you can is very self revelatory. It's almost like being able to say I AM TIME ITSELF. Can we can get real about whats going on with "stillness" meditations.................movement.

I know you are not going to tell me that you do stillness meditations to put resistance up against movement. If you are telling me that you can stop everything and be in a place that isn't moving and actually experience it then.......................all I can say is self delusion can be fun a fun experience to create with moving energy as well.

How are others served in our being still? How are others served with our doing and being nothing but practicing stillness? If the goal of Buddhism is to achieve that and then teach it to others who is getting served what in the end but a bunch of being nothings doing nothing thinking they are "still" while doing it?

That paints a funny picture. Then when they all master and teach all to be still together then what? Does time stop? Does movement actually stop? Do they all become the movement in Essenes. Is it about moving from being a slave of time to becoming a master of it to becoming time itself?

Then what? How do we serve when we become time itself? What is to serve if all have been served and have become self serving?

Is that we then create for pleasure and joy and not out of survival or necessity?

Resistance isn't even futile. It's just unnecessary. When you have your sights aimed on preferences without faulter, the Yes force will find it's way to the location. The no force is just useful for damning up the flows. Wonder if that's why people do it, to store up power in a reserve with damns. Brings up a new meaning to the expression to be damned to- to have the flow of yourself restricted and put under pressure.

I just pictured someone saying to someone else "damn you!" They typically say it when they wish to stop someone from doing something again and wish to cause them suffering. Pressure creates friction and heat like hell. "Damn you to hell"="I wish to stop your flow and put you under the suffering of pressure".

Word play is fun. What that has to do with us being time travelers I have no idea.

Hey Egg, this is a post on us being time travelers and random thoughts related to it. Why are you damning the flows?

If you don't care to contribute random thoughts to our being time travelers and want to talk about absolute stillness then start your own post on it. This one is about the absoluteness of movement of ponderings on harnessing the energy.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#4158022 - 05/10/05 05:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"Why are you damning the flows?"

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4158253 - 05/10/05 06:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Aye Aye Captain! May I suggest warp speed. The blimey torpedoes can't hit us there. Then again we'll loose most everyone if we go into warp speed posting.

If we damn the torpedoes we can sit still as we have time to enjoy some tea. Do you take yours shroomed or unshroomed?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#4158296 - 05/10/05 06:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I take mine bulk jasmine. Seventeen bucks a pound.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #4158319 - 05/10/05 06:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, when I think of Stillness [as I've learned from spiritual teachers, such as Eckhart Tolle, certain Taoist texts, etc.] it isn't in relation to psychologically altering one's perception of a concept, namely time. Remember, time is merely a man-made concept, a chronological measurement of the Grand Flow of the River. And I do mean The River.

When I focus on Stillness, it is to "remember" That which I am. It's easy to fall into a neurotic complex where I associate the conceptual identity that I project as "Me", with the fragmented thoughts which my mind sputters about.

Meditation at it's lightest level, reduces the neurosis of obsessive and compulsive thinking of time, of past and/or future, which arises out of that association, identification, attachment to the intellect, because the intellect only works in psychological time. Only!

Cultivating stillness is self-cultivation. This is so, because that Great Stillness that permeates all existence in the Universe is the very essence of our being, our spacious consciousness. The simple timeless awareness that exists in all myriad forms of life is the Ground. Of. Existence. It is nothing, it is no-thing. And it is That, which we are all of and from. And if the realization that we precisely are nothing-therefore-everything, including the desires, the pain, the river, the stillness, the noise, the movement, all that IS.. isn't enlightening, then I don't know what is.

-gets taken away strapped in a straight-arm jacket by men in white space suits-

YES!!

Total compassion means YOU ARE THE UNIVERSE. You are all form. You are the breath. You are the river. You are the void. YOU ARE THE DESIRE TO BE ENLIGHTENED.

YOU ARE ENLIGHTENED

That?s who he is. That?s who, what, a guru is. So any concept you can have of any relation to a guru obviously is a hype. How can you relate to something which already you and everything you?ve ever related to or could relate to...how are you going to talk about it? I met him _____ who? What? I?m going to look for the guru. HOW ABSURD!

YOU ARE IT!!

it?s really just another cop-out to be searching for the guru. He?s your fingernail. just bite your fingernail and you?re eating him alive. When you know how to listen, everybody is the guru. Speaking to you. It?s right here....always.
Here and Now

I keep doing this because I don?t think people thoroughly grok the fact that here is where it all is. after you finish the whole thing and you?ve vibrated your spine for years and done your prayanam and meditated for years and years and sat in a cave and ants have eaten your arms and legs, here you are....you?re right here again....and what your mind is you were here all the time and it?s such a cosmic joke it?s so funny your struggling to get HERE.

at this moment if you set the alarm to get up at 3:47 this morning and when the alarm rings and you get up and turn it off and say: what time is it? You?d say: NOW _____ Here! Now, where am I? Here! Then go back to sleep. get up at 9:00 tomorrow. Where am i? Here! What time is it? Now! Try 4:32. The week from next Thurs. By God. It is _ there?s no getting away from it _ that?s the way it is. That?s the eternal present. you finally figure out that it?s only the clock that?s going around...it?s doing its thing but you---you?re sitting HERE RIGHT NOW ALWAYS.

Nobody is going anywhere, nobody is coming from anywhere. We?re all here. We?re all here. In eternal time and space. We?re always going to be here. We?re just doing lila rasa. The divine dance we?re dancing. And dancing and dancing dance after dance in one body and in another body and we?re all here, we?re all staying right here.

THERE IS NOTHING TO DO

There is nowhere to go. And there is nothing to do. And we?re going to keep coming to know one another more and more free of being identified with any veil and we?re going to see more and more of other beings less identified with their veils. As you find the light in you, you begin to see the light in everyone else. as you find god in yourself there is god everywhere such a simple obvious sequence of stuff to do. somebody says oh i try meditating and I can?t and I just....I?m afraid I?m not ready and I?ve got to go.... great*sure man*go*go ahead*of course. What else is there to do? Going back into the world it?s called, it?s a good step, is I going backward or forward? I can?t do either of them*I can?t go backward and i can?t go forward. And I can?t stand still, ALL OF IT IS IRRELEVANT.
We?re all just caught in the delusion all of us caught in the illusion, being aware of it as illusion and yet SO MUCH in it! if you have ever watched a beautiful Zen monk. a very old monk who is really THERE, ore HERE, really here, whichever, you watch him...he?s cooking food, he?s lifting stones he?s moving you watch him walk and it?s like nobody?s walking. the legs are going, and the whole thing is happening but nothing is happening, no matter what is happening! And that?s what blows your mind when we get out of the kinds of heads we?ve got going that don?t allow us to really understand how this can be.

RETURN TO THE ROOTS

You live out your karma. The best I can tell you about karma is: if you are pure spirit, you are NOT matter!...you are that eternal spirit....well: if each of us is that very old being...and not this young body, or this body that is going through this life, why don?t we REMEMBER? Why don?t we remember it all?? Why can?t we read the entire Akashic Record???? 1--because of our attachments to the physical plane of reality.... 2--because of the powers of our identification with our own body-senses and thoughts.

if you could go into a meditation room close up your ears * sit down * center * go * IN * IN * IN * IN further in, oh much further in, oh you?ve just begun keep going back in don?t linger to smell the pretty sunflower, don?t linger to hold on to the ecstasy of bliss, keep going in behind the senses. behind your thoughts and if you can go back in far enough you will see everything you?ve identified with ?HIM? you will see...your own personality, your own body your own life drama...it?s very awesome. the point is that we have gone out and out and out and we have sought and sought and sought and found much but it hasn?t been enough! And now by merely turning the process inward you go in and in and in until you come to the place where guru rimpoche sits.

And what is this place? Hindus call it the ATMAN. And what is the atman? The bhagavadam, one of the holy books of india says:

The atman or divine self is separate from the body it is one without a second pure,
self~luminous without attributes, free all~pervading it is the eternal witness blessed is he who knows this atman for
Though an embodied being he shall be free from the changes and qualities pertaining to the body he alone is ever
United with me.
This is the place of pure being. That inner place where you dwell, you just be. There is nothing to be done in that place. From that place then, it all happens, it manifests in perfect harmony with the universe. Because you are the laws of the universe. YOU ARE THE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE!
This is what mans journey into consciousness is all about...this is OM (home) its going OM. this is the place! Becoming one with GOD returning it?s the return to the roots that the two talks about, it is the stillness * the calmness * the fulfillment. When you make love and experience the ecstasy of unity...that?s the place! When you experience a great achievement. and you feel a moment of exhilaration...that?s the place! When you see a moment of poetry in a flower or in words or in art the way it?s supposed to be...this is the place! RIGHT HERE! It?s Buddha consciousness. It?s Christ consciousness. Jesus says:

I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE

When the Buddha says: you give up attachment and you finish with the illusion, THIS IS THE PLACE!

Still,
you do your thing
live your life in the world
the water goes down the stream
you chop the wood and carry the water
you do your thing you mind does it?s thing
your sense their thing but...
you
are not attached, because you sat in from of the candle flame
until there was just you and the candle flame
and then finally
you extricated yourself from the attachment
to your own thoughts
to the tyranny of the ?drunken monkey?
even to the thoughts of I and candle flame
not so that you would never think again
i mean few people who know me
don?t appreciate the fact that i think
and have keen discrimination and i have not lost my mind
and i am a sophisticated aware being
and yet
behind every word
is a mantra
going inside my head
in which i am sitting
calmly watching this whole drama unfold

the thinking mind is a perfect servant and a lousy master, I am watching he~who~speaks * I am watching they~who~listen * I am watching thinking * thoughts are clouds * the entire process from this place inside is always calm. A place in which the flame never flickers. And as I learn to live in this eternally calm place it gets deeper and deeper and calmer and calmer and wiser and wiser and lighter and lighter and I am more love and I become more and more like the sun. Just the process of claming, centering, centering, calming extricating myself from the drama.

So long as one feels
That he is the doer
He cannot escape
From the wheel of births and deaths.

That doesn?t mean that I?m lying in bed doing nothing* that?s drama as much as this book is drama*** drama is drama is drama is drama. Desire is drama. Breathing is drama. Thought is drama, emotions are drama, and all form is drama. It?s all part of the drama.

?I have no scruple of change
nor fear of death
i was never born
nor had i parents...?

What does that mean? what it means is: when you clear away all the underbrush, when you go back and back not for the fun of it or for the powers involved but to go back to be who you really are who you are turns out to be spirit, turns out not to be matter at all.
NO MATTER NEVER MIND NO MIND NEVER MATTER
Either way it works.
Round trip

Mind creates matter. the causal plane is the world of ideas that creates the universe right at the top of the causal plane is what we call the godhead its the first place into the universe of form its the first world of form its the place where the mind that is body manifested into the universe his thought manifested into all the lower levels of the causal place all the astral planes and the physical plane and when you go back back back you go to that place where you become one with the Godhead you are GOD you are the IDEA that lies behind the universe you are literally it you?re not making believe you?re it you are it.

In order to become a fully realized being you must delight in the exquisiteness at every single level you must take joy in your maleness or femaleness at the same moment that you realize that you are both male and female it?s that far out! but then you go through the final door and you go from form into the formless into the void into the beyond the beyond when you have crossed the ocean of samskara, the ocean of illusion, the ocean of attachment, call it what you will, it?s the same ocean when you have crossed through all from you enter the state of formlessness, it is eternally quiet, it is eternally quiet. it never was.

?push far enough into the void hold fast enough to quietness and of the ten thousand things, non can be
worked on by you I have beheld them wither they go back see all things howsoever they flourish return to the roots
from which they grew. This return to the roots is called quietness. Quietness is called submission to
fate what has submitted to fate becomes part of the always so to know the always so is to be
illumined not to know it means to go blindly into disaster?
So says Lao Tzu in the Tao Te Ching. To go you?ve got to go the whole trip. all the way to the back before you get to the place where you see that behind all this there is all this in its OM. in its unmanifest form. always, eternally, you perceive that NOTHING is really happening at all NOTHING ever happens NOTHING is going to happen, there?s NOTHING you?ve got to do, there?s no doer to do it anyway.

and then: you?re in the void then the Buddha nature sees there are many beings whose veils are very thin and you can come back and teach them through your being that?s the bodhisattva role. Because you finally understand that: though it is all illusion...it never was and never will be...at every level at which you exist you?re part of everybody else. Because: IT?S ALL ONE BEING.

REALLY!

The Ground of ALL Existence and Experience IS in each and every one of YOU! THE GROUND IS THE SIMPLE TIMELESS AWARENESS.

GOD IS THE GROUND. YOU ARE ALL THE GROUND.

YOU ARE ALL GOD.

~Love~

-kicks and writhes as the Men in White drag me away to my padded cell-

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology