Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejsims88
Teon?nacatl
 User Gallery

Question about . POtency
    #4097557 - 04/25/05 10:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

So I was wondering about the Ratio of Ps. In the mushroom at the different stages in its life.. Meaning whats the Percentage of Ps. in a Mushroom that the Veil is not broken completely and a mushroom that has grown and opened up and dropped spores.. And do the Spores actually contain Ps. Or is that a Myth ? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: jsims88]
    #4097576 - 04/25/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

no Ps. in spores that's why spores are legal, general consensus is there is no diff in in Ps. between size of mushie I have found this to be true.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinejsims88
Teon?nacatl
 User Gallery

Re: Question about . POtency [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4097582 - 04/25/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well Im not refering to the size of the shroom ,,but the stage in it life .

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
    #4097605 - 04/25/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

stages no difference or any noticable differences.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
    #4097624 - 04/25/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jsims88 said:
Well Im not refering to the size of the shroom ,,but the stage in it life .

so you're refering to mg of ps. per gram of shroom at a given stage in life?

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

Offlinebixo
Dremel Addict
 User Gallery

Loc: The Autobahn
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4097630 - 04/25/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I definitely wouldnt say there is any noticable loss in potency by letting grow bigger. I really havent noticed any difference besides the fact if you pick earlier you end up with less.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: bixo]
    #4097681 - 04/25/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

if someone said there was ps in the spores then it would be a myth, this also means that the caps are weaker then the stems but not by much. Gills and spores contain no ps but also weigh next to nothing

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: tahoe]
    #4097853 - 04/26/05 12:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

its general knowledge that psilocybin production stops after the stage in which the viel is broken, after that, the mushrooms are just excessivly absorbing nutrients from the cake. The stage at which they are sold in amsterdam for max potentcy is right before the viel breaks.

Offlinebixo
Dremel Addict
 User Gallery

Loc: The Autobahn
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: Abermelin]
    #4097868 - 04/26/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It may be general knowledge but I have yet to see it proven to be a fact.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: bixo]
    #4097891 - 04/26/05 12:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

>its general knowledge that psilocybin production stops after the stage in which the viel is broken

Its also general knowledge that bluing indicates potency. You should rely more on facts, then "general knowledge".

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4097990 - 04/26/05 05:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i remember seeing a post with the same question. i believe it was called MATURE VS. RIPE, i tried searching for it but i couldnt find it. but yea there might be a negligible difference but as scatmanrav once sed "Shroom weight is shroom weight to me."

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4098056 - 04/26/05 06:38 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with the above posters. the difference of shroom potency in different stages of development is negliable.

and even if there should be a variation in potency in various stages of development. the variation between indiviual carps is greater, not to mention the effects of different substrates.

so shroomweight is shroomweight.

personally I believe that its good to have enough patience to accumulate, dry, grind and mix the shrooms to even out any possible variations in potency and make dosing easier. but each to their own.

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: Mindzpore]
    #4098080 - 04/26/05 07:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

noone has ever shown that a mushroom stops producing Ps after the veil breaks...ever.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #4098099 - 04/26/05 07:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Abermelin said:
its general knowledge that psilocybin production stops after the stage in which the viel is broken, after that, the mushrooms are just excessivly absorbing nutrients from the cake. The stage at which they are sold in amsterdam for max potentcy is right before the viel breaks.

Just show me an example where that's even considered general knowledge without being refuted by half the members of the site.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4098127 - 04/26/05 07:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
>its general knowledge that psilocybin production stops after the stage in which the viel is broken

Its also general knowledge that bluing indicates potency. You should rely more on facts, then "general knowledge".

but if bluing is a product of psilocybin oxidizing, wouldn't more bluing indicate more psilocybin if two mushrooms were handled equally? or are we not ofthe consensus that psilocybin is spread equally amcross the mushrooms (gills excluded, perhaps)?

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: Crasher]
    #4098353 - 04/26/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Firewolf127 said:
Quote:

Abermelin said:

Just show me an example where that's even considered general knowledge without being refuted by half the members of the site.

i already gave an example. If potentcy increased as the mushroom grew pass the viel breaking stage, then the *professional* growers in amsterdam would sell them past that stage in order to reap bigger profits with the increased weight, since you pay for the weight and not the number of mushrooms.

or are the arrogant assholes in this forum saying that the professional growers are wrong?

Offlinejsims88
Teon?nacatl
 User Gallery

#4098436 - 04/26/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

this is awesome.. I love the conversations we have in english... This I feel I have proven to myself .. I harvested some GTs.. that i let open completelty up .and noted the Bluing that took place at the Base where it was cut off.. Now i Just today harvested my B+ and didnt let them open open up and cut the base and its almost Black.. the Bluing tells me alot .. This is proven to me that max potency is before the viel breaks or the spores drop.. thanks guys/gals

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #4098438 - 04/26/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"Professional" growers in A-Dam are NOT the gods of magical mushroom
technology. Beleive it or not, outside of universities, this forum and
ones like it are the closest.

Sides, it's kind of hard to objectively determine psilocybin content
without doing some kind of extraction, or using some kind of
expensive analytical machine.

Also, the "professional" growers are growing for their own profit. If
they wait for the mushrooms to fully mature, they'll be wasting time
that could be used for another flush. They harvest when the
weight/time curve starts to level off.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Question about . POtency [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4098442 - 04/26/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

all in all shroom weight is shroom weight

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinejsims88
Teon?nacatl
 User Gallery

Re: Question about . POtency [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4098455 - 04/26/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

We are not talking about the Shroom Weight .. Thats the thing.. you can let a shroom grow untill it cant grow anymore .. but this is not going to be more effective at fucking you up.. the Ps. is slowly depelted as time gos on .. the point to witch the viel breaks .. the shroom is building enegry to produce spores so all the Ps. is greater before the thing opens up.. I would take a smaller more potent shroom before i took a monster... Who cares about weight when Potency is what your going for unless you are making prints....

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate