Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

stem cells?
    #4067364 - 04/18/05 12:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

are they good to study?

i mean one kids stragaty is one kids ablity to walk for the first time in there life

its like one mans trash another mans tresure whats the big deal

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
Re: stem cells? [Re: onetime]
    #4067387 - 04/18/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

though in the US there is a great deal of contraversy about using stemcells from abourted fetuses, the only debate is that about the abortion, which is truly unessacary, they will happen weither or not.

there is spot to spot stemcell (heart to heart, lung to lung,spine to spine) research, and then there is the "shotgun" approach. this uses the stemcells from fetuses and tries to cure a blanket of problems.

RETARDED RIGHT WINGERS: YOU DON'T WANT THEM ABORTED, YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM!!!!!(bill hicks)

stemcell research has even cured lukeamea on dogs,and feeling in paralized people, whats next?

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: stem cells? [Re: batou]
    #4067412 - 04/18/05 01:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i just want my eyes to shoot a death ray and a stun ray and a ray that will make what ever i want

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineFreshCaps
Nor-Cal

Loc: The Cannabis State
    #4067664 - 04/18/05 03:05 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ask your dealer about possibly getting a shipment of stem cells... :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------
THE BEST ASS:

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #4068016 - 04/18/05 06:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

mmmm, stem cells  :drooling:

Turn your trash to stash  :thumbup:

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: stem cells? [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #4068171 - 04/18/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

stem cells are great for studying if you don't mind killing a human being.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: stem cells? [Re: looner2]
    #4068222 - 04/18/05 09:49 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

my mom was paralyzed extensively two years ago due to a spinal cord injury and one of her only hopes for recovery is the use of stem cells. even before that, though, i was a supporter of the entire process because it seems ignorant not to do something like that if it is actually possible.

i believe there are many legitimate ways of getting stem cells without killing "human beings," but even if a fertilized embryo dies so that my mom can walk, fuck it, i'd kill it myself. it's nothing more than a clump of cells. if it had a face, a consciousness, maybe then I would consider it a human.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: stem cells? [Re: idiotek]
    #4068231 - 04/18/05 09:52 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post your name and address, If I ever need a heart transplant, I will gladly cut it from your sons chest to save myself. Sounds ridiculous right?

So does killing a human being so your mom can walk.

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#4068258 - 04/18/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

fuck you man, you have no idea what you're talking about. you try staying confined to a bed/chair for the majority of your day, EVERYDAY. i should think that after a while of having someone else do everything for you (and not in a subservient manner, but only because you simply CANNOT DO THEM YOURSELF) that you'd be more than willing to persue research on stem cells.

it has nothing to do with taking the organs of another human being.

if you want to consider a tiny lump of cells a "human being" then you're just another ignorant right-wing jackoff that I have no interest in discussing this subject with anyway.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4068273 - 04/18/05 10:13 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

if you want to consider a tiny lump of cells a "human being" then you're just another ignorant right-wing jackoff that I have no interest in discussing this subject with anyway.

Another words, YOUR opinion is the only right one, and you won't even debate a subject? Real open-minded there.

Stem-cells come down to one fact, that a childs genes are already set to go in the embryo. That means if you fast forward that tiny cells life, then it will always produce the same human being. That human being might have black hair, a short nose, a funny laugh, and like SAILBOATS. The only thing differentiating that embryo from a human being is time. Just like a newborn baby is a blueprint for when it gets older, so is an embryo.

Do not think I don't know that being paralyzed is truly awful. I'm sure it is, and it must be very hard for your mother. I hope she gets better, but the fact remains it is wrong to kill someone to save someone else.

--------------------

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #4068277 - 04/18/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I heard a while ago that researchers have found completely viable stem cells in baby teeth so aborted fetuses are not even needed.The problem is that GW Bush won't allow government funds to be used on any stem cell research so even if there is promise from stem cells from baby teeth, all research would have to be funded privately or done in other countries.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4068289 - 04/18/05 10:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
Stem-cells come down to one fact, that a childs genes are already set to go in the embryo. That means if you fast forward that tiny cells life, then it will always produce the same human being.

Not necessarily. An embryo at that stage in its development has a good chance of not even attaching to the womb, which means it will never develop any further.

--------------------

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: stem cells? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4068313 - 04/18/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Not necessarily. An embryo at that stage in its development has a good chance of not even attaching to the womb, which means it will never develop any further.

Good chance? Do you have a statistical ratio to prove this, "good chance"?

Even so, there are a lot of factors that contribute to the death of a child as it grows and develops, none of this discredit its right to life.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4068343 - 04/18/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I always find it funny that the same people who preach "right to life, right to life", will preach support for war almost in the same breath and support for capital punishment, etc.

What are your views on capital punishment and foreign war? Clearly your against it right? Since your so opposed to taking another's life  :rolleyes:.

A fetus is not yet a human, it will not survive outside the mother, it is a part of the mothers body at this point, it's her body, it's her choice what she wants to do with it.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: stem cells? [Re: gdman]
    #4068345 - 04/18/05 10:50 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

stem cells kick ass.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4068370 - 04/18/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I always find it funny that the same people who preach "right to life, right to life", will preach support for war almost in the same breath and support for capital punishment, etc.

I always find it funny the same people who don't have a problem killing an innocent human being, support a murdering rapist from being killed!

What is this about war? Are you against war always? Are you a complete and utter pacifist? Answer this before we can go further.

A fetus is not yet a human, it will not survive outside the mother, it is a part of the mothers body at this point, it's her body, it's her choice what she wants to do with it.

You mean to tell me your objective conclusion to what consitutes a human life lies within its ability to survive *outside* the mother?

I'll take it one step further. How about a human being is only alive when it can care for itself!!

1-year old baby giving you problems? Tie some bricks to its feet and throw it in a lake, no biggie, its not a human life because it can't take care of itself on its own!

The difference between MY view of life, and yours is that mine at least has a scientific backing using genetics and embryology to deduce a humans existence, yours is just regurgitated feminist diarrhea.

--------------------

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #4068480 - 04/18/05 11:47 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:

What are your views on capital punishment and foreign war? Clearly your against it right? Since your so opposed to taking another's life  :rolleyes:.

Sums it up nicely  :thumbup:

OfflineMeatSpace
Waxer of unicorn butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep inside your ass
    #4068547 - 04/18/05 12:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The fetus' being used are just someones garbage.
The abortion, and babies rights, and so on don't even belong in this debate.

Nobody goes hunting for a fetus. I doubt a woman would give up a fetus if she really wanted a baby, and any woman that would accept an amount of cash for it shouldn't be having kids in the first place.

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: stem cells? [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4068611 - 04/18/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hooray for anti-stem cell Christian fundamentalists! Who stands to lose the most money if stem cell research goes through and produces extraordinary results? Big pharmaceutical and big healthcare businesses, that's who. Bush is just looking out for his buddies.

Considering all the unnecessary deaths that occur in this world every day due to disease, wars, and famine, stem cell research shouldn't be a concern. So a fetus dies? That fetus' contribution to mankind is a solution/cure for many, many peoples ills.

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

#4068678 - 04/18/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

it's not like they kill fetuses just to be used for stem cell research. They are aborted for other reasons. I don't think stem cells have anything to do with the debate over whether or not an embryo has the right to life.

If you have a problem with abortion, preach against irresponsible permiscuous people having unprotected sex. Stem cell research is just making good use out of something thats already done.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies