Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Drying Tek
    #401952 - 09/23/01 06:45 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I was wondering if anyone had any experience or if they knew that dried mushrooms like this.. you put down some paper towel and lay the mushrooms on it.. then put a black t-shirt over them and take a regular household lamp and put it over it (not sure of the height) for about 24 hours.. does anyone know if this works good?

"Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again."
- - Chico Science - -

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Drying Tek [Re: optikal_trip]
    #401957 - 09/23/01 06:51 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Drying with heat is never good, leeches some of the active chemicals. This sounds like Moe Howards tek? Placing them infront of a fan for 24 hours beforehand might speed up the process.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #401968 - 09/23/01 06:57 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I bake epsom salts for 45 minutes and use it as a very effective dessicant. 3 days later they're cracker dry. Easy, cheap, and reusable forever.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: Drying Tek [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #401974 - 09/23/01 07:02 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

do you really have to bake the epsom salts(magnesium sulfate)? is there really that much moisture in the salt already?

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Drying Tek [Re: durban_poison]
    #401984 - 09/23/01 07:10 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yup you bake them at 400 for 45 minutes. Then they suck up moisture real good. It makes the magnesium sulfate to it's anhydrous form so it's free of moisture. If you don't bake them it won't work.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #402010 - 09/23/01 07:40 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Rail_Gun, what a great alternative to dessicant. I have a tub of that shit upstairs and never though to try it. I was going to pay $13 for a rather large container of dessicant but, hell, epson salt it is! They make a mean smoke bomb too!

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Drying Tek [Re: phrozendata]
    #402016 - 09/23/01 07:52 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks PhrozenData. Spread it out on a cookie sheet when baking it. I was told to to it that way when I started out and I'm always surprised that everyone else seems to use other methods as opposed to such a cheap easy reusable method.

--------------------

InvisibleBigwelby
journeyman
Loc: Canada
    #402118 - 09/23/01 09:46 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

So does anyone have a good answer to what the best drying method is?

I was originally going to get some good drierite and completely dry with that. Heard that makes the shrooms pretty blue and funky lookin tho. Then peeps talk about just using a fan...that keep them looking good? Fan+drierite best? Drierite alone? Fan alone?

OfflineDankVudu
Re: Drying Tek [Re: Bigwelby]
    #402311 - 09/24/01 03:25 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Turn a fan on them for 24 hours, then throw them in the dessication chamber for 2 or 3 days, that'll get 'em crispy.

There's shopping malls coming out of the walls as we walk out among the manure

OfflineMeanMark
Loc: western oz
    #402406 - 09/24/01 09:01 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The drying tek using a lamp over your critters with black material over them is Moe Howard's tek. Everybody who comments on this tek worries about to much heat. My rattlesnake uses this tek every damn time with no reduction in potency. (my snake always gets hammered on his critters...) The trick to using the tek is to experiment with it. Set-up a clip light with a 60 watt bulb over a table. Start at 24 inches above table. Put a thermometer under a black tee shirt
and turn light on. Apprx half hour later, check thermometer. Repeat the process till you find the right height for the lamp to be set at so that the thermometer reads around 80 - 85 degrees. When you find this all out, you are ready to go. Place the critters on a single paper towel, cover with black tee shirt(or whatever), turn on light and in apprx 24 hours you have crispy critters. It really amazes me and my rattlesnake that people will go to incredible lengths to grow critters, yet give no serious thought or research into drying them. Desicant chambers work great, as the other teks I have read about. It's just that Moe Howards tek is so easy and carefree once you do the proper research.

how high can you fly with broken wings......

--------------------

OfflineMeanMark
Loc: western oz
    #402407 - 09/24/01 09:01 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The drying tek using a lamp over your critters with black material over them is Moe Howard's tek. Everybody who comments on this tek worries about to much heat. My rattlesnake uses this tek every damn time with no reduction in potency. (my snake always gets hammered on his critters...) The trick to using the tek is to experiment with it. Set-up a clip light with a 60 watt bulb over a table. Start at 24 inches above table. Put a thermometer under a black tee shirt
and turn light on. Apprx half hour later, check thermometer. Repeat the process till you find the right height for the lamp to be set at so that the thermometer reads around 80 - 85 degrees. When you find this all out, you are ready to go. Place the critters on a single paper towel, cover with black tee shirt(or whatever), turn on light and in apprx 24 hours you have crispy critters. It really amazes me and my rattlesnake that people will go to incredible lengths to grow critters, yet give no serious thought or research into drying them. Desicant chambers work great, as the other teks I have read about. It's just that Moe Howards tek is so easy and carefree once you do the proper research.

--------------------

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

#402528 - 09/24/01 12:15 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

After reading your post I was so inspired I went out this morning and bought 2 boxes of epsom salts. ( $4.00 each at my local pharmacy)

I then baked for 45 minutes and all I ended up with was a hard shell with gooey stuff on the inside. I then heated for an additional 60 minutes and it came out dry as a bone!

I have avoided using dessicant for years b/c I did not want all of those chemicals ending up in a land fill, but your method is enviorment friendly and I want to personaly thank you for sharing it! I will post a follow up on my results using this method.
I will continue to use "The Jebus Dehydrator Tek" for the first 48 hours of dryng and then move them to "The Rail_Gun Dessicant Chamber"...sounds imprssive!

If you want to check out "The Jebus Dehdrator Tek" it can be found at..
http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm

Cheers,

Beans, beans the magical fruit...

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact [email]helpmejebus@hotmail.com[/email]

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

#402988 - 09/24/01 08:35 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I baked the epsom salts dry (as noted above) then place them in a plastic container. As you can see, they formed large rocks after being baked. I used a hammer to break them appart.

I them placed a piece of paper towel over the "epsom rocks" and put my partialy dry shrooms on top.

Then using "Saran Quick Covers" (available at your local grocery store) I....well, covered the container. These are much easier then saran wrap.

I will post my results after a few days...

Cheers,

The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact me helpmejebus@hotmail.com

Jebus 2000

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm

OfflineGroove_N
Re: Drying Tek [Re: jebus2000]
    #406598 - 09/27/01 06:23 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Jebus2000,
What was the results?

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Drying Tek [Re: Groove_N]
    #407090 - 09/27/01 11:59 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

It worked very well. All of the shrooms are bone dry. I did replace the paper towel for a metal screen though.
Great idea and easy! I would recomend it to anyone looking for a cheap and safe alternative to harsh chemical desicants.

Cheers,

Contact helpmejebus@hotmail.com

--------------------
Cheers,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#407163 - 09/28/01 01:19 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks jebus2000. I appreciate your thanks. I'm glad it has worked as well for you as it has for me. Now I think you're the first person on the shroomery besides me to have used epsom salts as a desicant and I've been pushing it since I registered here. If you write it up in to a tek for the shroomery please mention my name somewhere in it, I would appreciate it. I would have written it into a tek before but I don't have a digital camera to illustrate it like you did. I hope now this 'Rail_Gun desicant chamber' (as you called it) will become the norm here since people can see in pictures how easy, cheap, environmentally friendly, and re-usable epsom salts are to use.

Take care

--------------------

InvisibleNDK
    #407260 - 09/28/01 04:47 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Jebus

How big is that bowl?

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Drying Tek [Re: NDK]
    #407342 - 09/28/01 08:35 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The bowl measures 12" X 14" wide and is 8" deep. If by chance you are asking b/c you are trying to figure out the amount drying in the pics, let me save you the trouble...8 oz.

As you can see I have added some new pictures to include the wire screen.

Rail_Gun, I will get back to you on the Tek. I think we could work on it together. You write it up and I will add some pics? Let me know.

Cheers,

--------------------
Cheers,

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #408179 - 09/29/01 10:03 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Drying Tek [Re: World Spirit]
    #408189 - 09/29/01 10:30 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I got the screen from my local hardware store. It comes on a large roll, but you buy it by the foot. Go to Home Depot or a hardware store, both will have it.

Cheers,

--------------------
Cheers,

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds