Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: nothing personal, it's just business [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4009333 -

Smallworlds said:
Paradigm said:
The system has brought us not merely survival, but prosperity.  It is your proposed system which would bring about little more than survival, if that.



As I said, I'm not proposing a system but instead the absence of them. :laugh: :thumbup: :heart: :mushroom2:



Bullshit.  What you described is every bit as much a system as what we have now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: nothing personal, it's just business [Re: Silversoul]
    #4009374 -

Then I didn't describe it right, sorry. Hey where's the link to the threads you told me about. I was just over in PA&L and didn't notice them right off.


--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:


Trip Report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: nothing personal, it's just business [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4009385 -

Smallworlds said:
it's quite obvious by observing the world that there are but two likely scenarios for the future.



Be careful of things that seem obvious to you. So far the "obvious" observations you've made have been obviously ridiculous.

Quote:
Either:

A: the governments of man encroach on each other far enough through growth and expansion that world war 3 begins and the world as we know it is concluded through violence bringing about a new era of "Mad Max" type conditions.

or:

B: there is a massive shift in conciousness towards peace, protecting the environment of the Earth, and worldwide co-operation and one-ness, brought about by either massive natural calamities, or some other event or events which make certain key institutions finally wake up and do the right thing, even if only to save their own asses because they finally realize that the roof is on fire.



This is known in logic as a false dilemna. You present only two possibilities when in fact there are many. Here's a few more to consider:

C: Things continue pretty much the same as they are now, with gradual change in certain areas. Oil is eventually replaced by alternative fuels and sustainable growth is realized either through new technology or political reform, but not much else is different. There's still war, poverty, injustice, and hatred in the world, but not global catastrophe.

D: People colonize other planets, dispersing the human population in such a way that those left on earth do not present a big threat to the environment and homeostasis. Civilization continues developing much along the same lines as it has been.

E: Major disease wipes out large portion of human population, much like the black plague did in the Middle Ages. Remaining population is small enough to be sustainable.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: nothing personal, it's just business [Re: kaiowas]
    #4009388 -

It isn't personal, you are right....  All of this crap is the way it is because of the "big buisiness", "big government", and "big consumers" of this world....    They are not looking for good health nor what is truly "best" for us "little" people, they are writing rules/laws to keep buisiness going and money flowing, no matter what the "cost"....  I never really knew about all of the stuff you wrote, call me an ingorant blinded consumer starting to see the light....  I have been getting off of my pain meds, and eating a LOT of fruit lately, and I will be damned, because I FEEL DAMN GOOD.....!    :grin:
.
SO what is one to do to change things for the better....?    What does it take to open people's eyes for a change like this...?    It is not a little change, it is freakin HUGE, all encompassing....  It would be changing the way people live, the way most people are happy living - convieniently.... 
.
Sorry if this has been answered, I did not read thru the whole thread, just the first post....    If there can be changes done from us all being consumer whores of the "big buisiness" and "big government", what is the first step in making these changes...?  It is possible to make a brighter tomorrow, I just don't think people (myself included) know how to start making it brighter....    I have some ideas that I have already started myself, but they are really just "little" steps....  What now....?
.
MUCH Love to you and yours.....!    :heart:


:sun:


--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: nothing personal, it's just business [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4009396 -

Smallworlds said:
Then I didn't describe it right, sorry.



More like you don't understand it right.

Quote:
Hey where's the link to the threads you told me about. I was just over in PA&L and didn't notice them right off.



Paradigm said:
Certainly. You might want to check out this, and maybe this for starters.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: nothing personal, it's just business [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4009444 -

eMotionALLmotion said:
Sorry if this has been answered, I did not read thru the whole thread, just the first post.... If there can be changes done from us all being consumer whores of the "big buisiness" and "big government", what is the first step in making these changes...?



Well, despite what some people on the left will try to tell you, big business and big government tend to grow off of one another. Big businesses will lobby Washington for legislation which will favor them over their competitors, and in return the politicians get big campaign contributions from them. A lot of the regulations that people think protect them from big corporate giants actually just eliminate small businesses who can't afford to abide by them. So, since the government is supposed to represent the people(in theory, anyway), we need to let them know that we're not going to take it anymore.

Quote:
It is possible to make a brighter tomorrow, I just don't think people (myself included) know how to start making it brighter.... I have some ideas that I have already started myself, but they are really just "little" steps.... What now....?



I have some great ideas for policies the government can follow to fix a lot of the current injustices, but the problem is actually getting them to implement them. I'm still trying to work on that one.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: nothing personal, it's just business [Re: Silversoul]
    #4009572 -

Just from your words as my basis for this answer, it would sound very much like Government has switched from serving people, to serving themselves for money....  Perhaps a person with a listened to VOICE like Jon Stewart would be a good candidate for something like this....?  I have a voice, but people don't really hear me....  Yet....  :grin:
.
I honestly don't know much about government at all, but I feel big changes on the horizon....  Like Boston sang, "It's more than a feeling"....  I am still wondering how one would get everyone to support changing the whole way they know life to be....    Everybody would need to work together....  I see many fruit trees in the future too....  I dunno~ why, but I do....    :shrug:


:sun:


--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Ownership/Theft Paradox Anonymous 1,761 14 06/23/03 02:45 PM
by Sclorch
* Dalai Lama's Personality Test
( 1 2 3 all )
Frog 8,568 49 01/23/04 05:57 PM
by Serene
* mundane world through ownership? kaiowas 1,184 17 11/14/03 05:31 PM
by kaiowas
* What is consciousness? What is a person? HagbardCeline 1,017 8 06/08/03 09:01 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Am I a bad person?
( 1 2 all )
Phoshaman 3,800 24 12/16/01 09:36 PM
by SherlockDrubu
* Strange Personal Tales Swami 1,034 5 02/09/02 05:04 PM
by cxz
* Personal belief systems
( 1 2 all )
Frog 3,262 34 12/20/03 05:40 PM
by Frog
* Post deleted by Moe Howard
( 1 2 3 all )
therewatchingme 3,010 42 08/01/02 11:08 AM
by EcoFreako

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,938 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 54 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.