Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
mundane world through ownership?
    #2035209 - 10/23/03 06:14 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Is earth really boring, or are we just ignoring simple things? I hate getting caught up in the middle of all the bs that is going around. the noise, the news, the drama...all of it makes this earth a tiring place to be. and yet these things are so complicated, maybe that's why its tiring. why is it the simple things such as the moon, sun, stars, the wind, the clouds, breath, and the company of friends make this world much more enjoyable than money, material objects, and power could ever be? why is it that things that I cannot "own" make this earth hell, yet the things I could never own make this place heaven?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: mundane world through ownership? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2035238 - 10/23/03 06:28 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Because it is impossible to own anything.

The most enjoyable things are things that cannot be contained within oneself. Or something... ?shrugs? :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: mundane world through ownership? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2104066 - 11/14/03 01:00 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

why is it that things that I cannot "own" make this earth hell, yet the things I could never own make this place heaven?

I dont understand, are you in hell because you cant afford a porsche?

let go man.....its just a car

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: mundane world through ownership? [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2104938 - 11/14/03 05:36 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

lol no. maybe hell was the wrong term. I should say discomfort, always worried about their possesions because they do posses them, while things we don't own, we can enjoy fully because there isn't that fear or worry of losing them.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2105245 - 11/14/03 09:22 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Well, I think it just depends on what is going through your mind. I mean, I own three lovely bass guitars that really bring me pleasure. I possess them. I guess I am worried about them, because I don't want anything to go wrong with them.. especially Sirius, the black Ibanez. It is really fucking nice and I am always conscious of its location because it is made out of Luthite and I don't want it to get nicks in it (or get nicked :grin: ).

I think the responsibility of owning something and trying to continue to possess them just sort of comes with owning something. Sort of a disadvantage that comes with the advantage of having it in your possession. I mean, with the responsibility about having to be conscious of where it is at and so forth comes the increased freedom of being able to use it when you feel like it, as it is yours.

I mean, I can't imagine only being able to play bass when I am at someone else's place. I do have the increased burden of owning something, but I mean it is sitting there right now, waiting for me to get caught up in these posts so I can play it again...

But I guess bass guitars are pretty special to me. Other things that I "own" I would not be so protective of. If it came up missing, I mean sure, it would suck, but I would try to accept it and move on. However, if that Ibanez or that lovely fretless bass or my first real bass came up missing, I just might grab a gun and go and find it. :shocked:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2105269 - 11/14/03 09:30 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

mmmhmmmm.  I know what you mean :smile:, but with my strat.  sure it's only a fender, but still it's the music that comes out of it that I love.  hey firewaorks, have you heard of PODs  not the crappy band but that thing that is like 32 amps in one??  I have one for my guitar and they have one for bass, it's f-in sick!!!!

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2105328 - 11/14/03 09:55 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
mmmhmmmm.  I know what you mean :smile:, but with my strat.  sure it's only a fender, but still it's the music that comes out of it that I love.  hey firewaorks, have you heard of PODs  not the crappy band but that thing that is like 32 amps in one??  I have one for my guitar and they have one for bass, it's f-in sick!!!! 

Yeah, Fenders are not my favourite, by any means... everything I have ever owned associated with Fender has fucking sucked or stopped working, from my first Squier bass to their shitty fucking amplifier cords to this fucking polish cloth....

I have heard of them, but never tried one out. I used to have a Digitech BP200 multi effects processor. The same thing as Fender. Digitech blows.

Ibanez, B.C. Rich, and Yahama all the way! :grin:

So ja, this guitar talk... it shows how the world doesn't have to be mundane through ownership! Ja, that is it..... :lol:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2105339 - 11/14/03 09:59 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

gee thanks...way to shoot me down fireworks  :razz:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2105344 - 11/14/03 10:01 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
gee thanks...way to shoot me down fireworks  :razz:

About Fender, or about suggesting that our off topic guitar talk is really on topic by showing how the world of ownership isn't mundane? :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2105357 - 11/14/03 10:05 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

:nut:  oh that's it.  this off topic talk has shown that my guitar blows, and that a discussion that is off topic of this topic was used against me to show that this topic that I don't own wasn't mundane in the first place.   

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2105390 - 11/14/03 10:14 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
:nut:  oh that's it.  this off topic talk has shown that my guitar blows, and that a discussion that is off topic of this topic was used against me to show that this topic that I don't own wasn't mundane in the first place.   

Well, I just have a bias agansit Fender. Your guitar might actually be really nice (but you said that it was "just a Fender"..). I just have this thing where I feel Fender should burn in hell....

By the way, it is quite the thing when it is 4:20 and the street light outside is already turning on... I think the sun is now gone...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2105396 - 11/14/03 10:16 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

the sun rising here.  I'm going to bed :grin:

btw for the record, fenders should burn in hell

--------------------

Edited by kaiowas (11/14/03 10:17 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2105404 - 11/14/03 10:17 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
the sun rising here. I'm going to bed :grins:

I see that in your avatar. Unless that is a sunset... *shrugs*
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2105405 - 11/14/03 10:17 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

How is the sun a "simple" thing?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: mundane world through ownership? [Re: Swami]
    #2105412 - 11/14/03 10:19 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
How is the sun a "simple" thing?

Well, the Sun itself isn't simple by any means, but the fact that it is visible in our skies (well, not here anymore) is one of the most simplest observations and facts in our life. I susposse that is what he meant..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2105510 - 11/14/03 10:51 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

btw for the record, fenders should burn in hell

Hendrix and spirituality:
http://www21.brinkster.com/skychurch/esc/01_frames.html

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: mundane world through ownership? [Re: Jellric]
    #2105550 - 11/14/03 11:15 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Off of that Jimi Hendrix website:

Quote:

"There's other moves I have to make now. A little more towards a spiritual level through music, some of the vibrations people claim they are getting now, it's true considering the fact that the Earth is going through a physical change soon. I mean, like since the people are part of the Earth, they are going to feel it too. In many ways, there are alot of reasons for causing it...The solar system is going through a change soon and it's going to affect the Earth in about 30 years, you know. And I'm not talking about just this room; I'm talking about the Earth itself. This room is just a crumb from the crust of the pie. And like there's no moving from any one land to another to save yourself in that respect... Nothing can explain what I'm going to do later on. I will have to use some sort of brand name. So like, I guess I'll call it the spiritual scene. But it's not a hazy thing out of frustration or bitterness that I'm trying to build up. It's out of what's directing me. What I was here in the first place to do. It does mean Iam going to strip myself from my identity because this isn't my only identity. I was foolish to cut my hair, but that was part of the step of me learning what I was really here for. I see miracles every day now. I used to be aware of them maybe once or twice a week, but some are so drastic that I couldn't explain them to a person or I'd probably be locked up by this time... I'm not better than you are in this sense. It's just that maybe I'm not going to say it until a wider range of people see it. It's a universal thought; it's not a black or white thing, or a green and gold thing... There are a few chosen people that are here to help to get these people out of this certain sleepiness that they are in. There are some people running around with long hair preaching the word 'love' and they don't know what the fuck they are talking about because there's no such thing as love until truth and understanding come about... Like someone is going to have to go back to his childhood and think about what they really felt, really wanted before the fingerprints of their fathers and mothers got ahold of them or before the smudges of school or progress... They have to relax and wait to go by feeling. If you are going to be psychological, you have to go by the psychological feeling. If you start thinking negative, it switches to bitterness, aggression, hatred, whatever..."

Very interesting stuff! Takk takk takk for that link. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: mundane world through ownership? [Re: fireworks_god] * 1
    #2107234 - 11/14/03 07:31 PM (13 years, 24 days ago)

of coursethe sun isn't a simple thing, but looking at it doesn't have to be complex at all.  there's a rainbow outside my apt room, I'm gonna have a look, a rather looong one :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology