Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
Resonance, Consciousness and God.
    #381955 - 08/30/01 04:32 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Beyond your consciousness lies the subconscious, a higher dimensional infinite pool of information beyond the limits of space and time.

Consciousness exists as a frequency, which through resonance draws information from the subconscious. Our entire reality is a created from the information fed to us from the subconscious, and as human consciousness exists at specific frequencies, we all recieve similar information from the subconscious and thus we all exist in the same reality.

A number of techniques allow us to temporarilly change the frequency of our consciousness. These include meditation, breathwork, entheogen use, dreaming etc. This change in frequency allows us to recieve different information from the subconscious, and thus our consciousness can temporarilly exist in other realities. If these new frequencies coincide with the frequencies of other consciousnesses, we can then percieve and interact with the realities and consciousnesses of other dimensional beings.

Through these techniques, and the experience of changing the frequency of your consciousness, this becomes easier and easier to do. An enlightened person has learned to change the harmonics of his consciousness at will, despite still existing at the same base frequency. This is why an enlightened person still exists in our reality. Past enlightenment lies transcendence. Once an individual has learned to change the base frequency of his consciousness, he will then have the ability to move through realities at will, and will possess the potential infinite knowledge. Space and time will not longer exist in the linear ways we understand them. These people are known as gods.

Anyway, it's just a theory.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehudsonismss
journeyman
Loc: sydney
Re: Resonance, Consciousness and God. [Re: Phyl]
    #381966 - 08/30/01 05:34 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

intersting, what do you mean exactly by frequencies? electrical..? if so, wouldn't that just mean that you could stimulate that with a machine of some sort? in which case, i doubt that's what you mean. if you mean frequencies as a metaphor for something like levels or capacity of consciousness, as i'd prefer to term/interpret it, then i think the scheme works a bit better.

--------------------
live in the present and the future will present itself

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Re: Resonance, Consciousness and God. [Re: hudsonismss]
    #381972 - 08/30/01 05:52 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

intersting, what do you mean exactly by frequencies? electrical..?

Definately not electrical. Electricity is the physical flow of electrons from a negative to positive charge, and is something that is limited to our reality.

if so, wouldn't that just mean that you could stimulate that with a machine of some sort?
I'm not entirely sure of the mechanism, it may be related to magnetism, but I suspect that it's something that we have yet to understand. Whatever the mechanism, I don't think it can be physicaly measured, as it must exist outside of our reality.

It is interesting though that by subjecting a person to varying magnetic fields, out of body experiences can be induced.

Take care

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #382012 - 08/30/01 08:52 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Your theory is very similar to the explanation that "Don Juan gives to Castaneda"
I feel the same way.

"We have infinite possibilities of existence"

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #382037 - 08/30/01 09:44 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Phyl your theory sounds good but i believe that this negative to positive charge is the problem that is creating the world to go off balance. I believe it is effecting your brain.

The machines man created are now destroying the earth.
Save the earth.

We are all gods. Gods of ourselves.

Try to understand one another.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlinehudsonismss
journeyman
Loc: sydney
    #382377 - 08/30/01 08:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

"Whatever the mechanism, I don't think it can be physicaly measured, as it must exist outside of our reality. "

if it's outside our reality, that is not physical, how is that we can come in contact with it? if there's no causal relationship between it and our brain, that is cause and affect of physical matter, than it defies the laws of physics...something outside the physical reality affecting our physical reality.
this is a problem i came acorss in trying to understand the process of consciousness. cause i feel as if i understand it, but when i try to filter it through words to people problems arise, this one is especially relevent.

--------------------
live in the present and the future will present itself

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Re: Resonance, Consciousness and God. [Re: hudsonismss]
    #382563 - 08/31/01 02:18 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

if it's outside our reality, that is not physical, how is that we can come in contact with it?

Because our consciousness is not physical either, so trying to understand it in terms of physics would be futile. My theory defines the 'physical' as a realm created by our consciousness, using information from the subconscious.
Out of body experiences show that it is possible for our consciousness to exist beyond our waking reality, and as these other realities can be as just as real as the physical world I don't think there is any doubt our consciousness has the ability to create our environment.

I like this theory because it doesn't deny the laws of psysics that exist in our reality, but it expands on these using a lot of contemporary physics such as quantum theory, string theory and holographic theory.

This theory can explain out of body experiences, psychic abilities, magick, enlightenment, god, and many other things which are usually considered 'supernatural' and therefore discounted by science, but so many people have experiences such things (Including myself) that I find it impossible to simply ignore these.

Take care

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
    #382621 - 08/31/01 07:10 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If conciousness is not physical, how can I perform a physical action which I've consciously chosen to do?

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Re: Resonance, Consciousness and God. [Re: Pynchon]
    #382627 - 08/31/01 08:25 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If conciousness is not physical, how can I perform a physical action which I've consciously chosen to do?

Consciousness is not physical. It does not have physical dimensions. You cannot say where your consciousness exists, it simply does. If it were physical, you would be able to locate a persons consciousness, extract it and store it in a jar. You simply cannot do this.

My theory would say that by intending to perform a phsycial action, the harmonics of of your consciousness would change to reflect this action. The subconscious would then respond through resonance, like a tuning fork resonates when placed next to a tuning form of similar frequency, and will pass information back to your consciousness as to how this action will occur, and how this will affect the phsycial. Your consciousness will then use this information to create the physical, in exactly the same way that it creates the reality of dreams or out of body experiences.

Does this make sense to anyone except me?

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

#382662 - 08/31/01 09:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

YOUR theory? Smells like Leibnitz, arch-nemesis of Newton, to me...except he applied the harmonics to mean connection between the mental and physical worlds, not conscious/sub-conscious as you do...cos whatever the link between conscious/sub-conscious, it still doesn't explain how physical action is possible if mental events are not physical too, dig?

...and if the laws of physics aren't applicable, then what sets the mental tuning forks a'hummin'? I mean, two seperate (physical/mental) things can't "just happen" to be in harmony, can they?The implication is they had to be started out in synch, like two clocks started at the same instant...but by whom?

Just because consciousness can't be stored in a jar doesn't mean that it isn't physical. Where the human brain is concerned, the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts...

OfflinePhyl
old hand
    #382689 - 08/31/01 10:09 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

YOUR theory? Smells like Leibnitz, arch-nemesis of Newton, to me...except he applied the harmonics to mean connection between the mental and physical worlds, not conscious/sub-conscious as you do
Maybe he had a similar theory, but I can't say I've ever knowingly looked at any of his work, and I don't even really know who he is (apart from the arch-nemesis of newton apparently).
As my theory proposes that the physical is created by, and is therefore a part of consciousness, I find it difficult to see a correlation between the theories from what you have said. I will look into his work though.

it still doesn't explain how physical action is possible if mental events are not physical too, dig?
I think either I've lost you, or you've lost me.
If the physical is created by the non-physical, then how can anything have a phsycial basis?

take care

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

#382701 - 08/31/01 10:44 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

"If the physical is created by the non-physical, then how can anything have a physical basis?"

...and vice versa. This was my point; they can't be seperate, as you seemed to be saying. My mis-understanding -- next time I'll read the whole thread before diving in...

Oh, Leibniz, Gottfried von: German philosopher who developed calculus independently of Sir Isaac...dispute over who came up with it first ensues...Leibniz appeals to Royal Soc. to resolve dispute...Newton(the president) appoints "impartial" committee...Newton quoted as having taken great pleasure in "breaking Leibniz's heart"...

Invisibleinbetween
addict
Loc: maps
    #383395 - 09/01/01 04:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

that's a really good point. philosphers have wasted too much time on whether matter created mind or mind created matter. Their co-emergence through sound (aauumm, the word that was with God) is one theory the ancients appearently liked a lot. the sound fractured, the sound contained, the sound nurtured, solidified, magnitized, defined the limits of space because sound waves don't stop if they don't hit anything, the origninal sound is still going, because to conceive it as an event, we also must assume that event continues to happen, an eternal repetition of the original event, which is either/or or both, simultaneously. Which accounts for possible trip fantasies/revelations of the begining and destruction of the world, and most of the time an appreication of the space in between them. Uh, didn't mean to pun my own nick-name, just an example of language as the trickster par-excellence. And what are tricksters for but to pock enough holes in one's pre-conceptions to let light in.
One theory that makes a lot of sense to me, and ties a lot of this post together, is the theory of kundalini. I dreamt of a training manual to raise kundalini, which addresses to some extent the conscious-unconscious idea in the first post. Conscious-unconscious are fairly shaky words if we think of them as objects. My intuition (ayahuasca helped me appreciate this) is that beyond our physical senses we are always picking up communications, reverberations from some distant, maybe collectively generated information station (like the invisible giving shape to the visible and nonsense being the other side of rational sense.) Lewis Carrol was the master of explaining this. Alice in Wonderland is primarily psychological descriptions (built on rational bases, jokes, and games) and through the looking glass moves more to the otherside of logic in particular. Most everything happening on a chess set. The story is what coheres. The otherside is what makes it interesting and even fun, especially if you have the patience for absurdity to reveal itself. The poet John Keat's called this quality negative capability, meaning the ability to remain in states of uncertainty without desperately grasping after meaning. I have found the "soft" sciences of poetry and psychology better languages than materialistic, mathmatical science, but not everyone speaks these languages (thank god) then we would have a real mad house on our hands. Big digression I know. If interested check out www.kundalinicare.com which talks a little about this energy. Gopi Krishna's book Kundalini: The evolutionary energy in man, is a better source, but a horrible bore to read, Let's see. Here is the quote I randomly opened up to from "empowering human evolution": "The human mind is so constituted that no luxury and no treasue of the earth can assuage its burning fever, seeking an explanation for its own existence. All the heavy weight of this inscrutable mystery, all the questions posed by intellect, all the suffering of the harrowing ascent of evolution, all the pain felt at the injustice and misery prevailin in the world, all the disappointment of shattered dreams and broken hopes...
All the anguish of eternal partings from near and dear ones, and all the fear of ill health, decay and death vanish like vapor at the rise of the inner sun, at the recognition of the inmost self, beyond thought, beyond doubt, beyond pain, beyond mortality--which once perceived, illumines the darkness of the mind as a flash of strong lightning cleaves the darkness of the night, leaving man transformed with but one glimpse of the inexpressible splendor and glory or the spiritual world. May this sublime knowledge become accessible to all. May there come enlightenment and peace to the minds of all."
For those that want it.

--------------------
my vocabulary did this to me

OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
    #386281 - 09/05/01 12:20 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

"your theory, my theory, the theory, whatever theory.."

i thought that the point exactly was that the universal frequency to which everyone can tune to is the source of any theory and that any person anywhere on the world can have a thought identical or similar to someone elses because he was in tune with the frequency and his/her brain picked up this particular part of the giant glob of information which is 'existance', right? So what is the point of discussing it, or trying to get credit point for 'having a theory of your own'
Anyway, thats just a theory of my own.. ;p
umm
well whatever :)

Thought is born blind but Mind knows what is Seeing

--------------------

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Re: Resonance, Consciousness and God. [Re: BBin]
    #386310 - 09/05/01 01:36 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly :) Since this realisation I've come across the same, or very similar theories proposed by many people. As was mentioned at the beginning of the thread, it's similar to a theory in one of Carlos Caseneda's books, but as I haven't read that I cannot comment on this. There's no 'credit points' involved, simply a speading of ideas.

Why discuss it? As Terrence McKenna said in Re-evolution 'If the truth can be told so to be understood, it will be believed'. Whilst I'm not saying this theory is the ultimate truth, I believe it is getting close. My motivation for posting was for others to either challenge the theory or offer their own opinions, and thus help it develop.

Take care

OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
    #386349 - 09/05/01 02:30 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

yes, this i think will prove to be a very powerfull effect the internet is having on modernday thought. No longer does it take such a long time for thoughts to spread and be recognised as similar, and with every reinterpretation the same idea or theory will be crystalised even further; every time it is discussed or expanded upon or retold through different words yet another facet of the crystal will be revealed making the image as a whole much clearer and nearer to the .."thruth"... at least, the thruth in the form we are as yet able to grasp. Untill we will eventually be able to summarise it all with just one word Even. Odd, maybe.

--------------------

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Re: Resonance, Consciousness and God. [Re: BBin]
    #386369 - 09/05/01 03:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I think this is very true, and even though the internet is only just developing, it is already having a significant effect on human consciousness through forums such as this one.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #386464 - 09/05/01 06:30 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

there is a great deal of mystery inherent in "mere" physical/energetic systems.. in his lovely little book _stalking the wild pendulum_ itzak bentov examines the implications of vibration, resonanace, attention, and much else...
of possible relevance to this thread is the nature of vibrating systems (particles, atoms, molecules, aortic arches, nervous systems, planets, whatver...) to be seen as sinusoidal movements, the exact velocity of which is known twice per cycle to equal exactly zero -- which demands that )according to heisenburg) its physical location is totally indeterminant...
anywhere, anywhen --- which can allow for all sorts of interesting... information... to be accessed...

old enough to know better
not old enough to care

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order