Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Unhappy.
    #3845708 - 02/28/05 07:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I go to college and I hate it.
I go to work and I hate it.
The most depressing thought though, is that I am told by everyone who's older than I that life only gets worse, the older you get.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Unhappy. [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #3845736 - 02/28/05 08:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

why are the most beautiful people frequetly the most unhappy?

cheer up sweetheart. Sounds to me like you're just depressed in general. Remember that hapiness is where you find it and sometimes happiness is where you make it.

Don't like your job? Look for a new one. Don't like your classes? Switch majors.

Taking control of your life is how to get happy. Don't give that power away to circumstance. You control your life, and your feelings, and your thoughts.

I don't think that life gets worse as you get older. I think it gets better. The reason people say it gets worse is because they don't like responsibility. But fuck those people. They got no balls. With responsibility comes power. The power to take charge of your life. Don't take it for granted.

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Re: Unhappy. [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3845752 - 02/28/05 08:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Why do I get the feeling I'd be changing classes and jobs forever?
Maybe I just need to bite the dirt and stick at it be unhappy and hope one day it will get better. I don't think it is possible to control your life completely how you want to, there are too many limits and boundaries. It seems to me that I only have a very small set of options and that I should be thankful for those few options as some people have none.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#3845760 - 02/28/05 08:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

there are no limits. there are no boundaries.

the world is yours.

never forget that.

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

#3845785 - 02/28/05 08:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I must be weak then.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#3845852 - 02/28/05 09:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

naw, you just haven't opened your eyes yet.

an intelligent, beautiful girl like you should have no problem getting what she wants out of life. Maybe you just need to spend some time figuring out what it is you really want.

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

#3845884 - 02/28/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If someone dicated it to me I'd have a fucking excuse to complain.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3845998 - 02/28/05 09:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey rogue, i feel you

i go to college and hate it too...hate all the endless work, cant stand the people who surround me

and it definitely does seem that life is a downhill ride

most adults dont exactly seem too happy to me either...workin all day, then comin home and doing other work...repeat

but a lot of them tell me it will get better than it is now, when you have more freedom to do what you want

so maybe its not as bad as it seems??

sorry im not much help, but at least you're not the only one who feels like that

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3847799 - 02/28/05 04:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It seems you are not pursuing what you want to pursue.You should always go after somethign becuase you ant to, not because its practical or a good idea or etc.

Find some depth to your life beyond the dull daily grind of adult life.Find something that truly inspires you. :grin:

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Unhappy. [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3847807 - 02/28/05 04:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hey rogue, i feel you

i go to college and hate it too...hate all the endless work, cant stand the people who surround me

and it definitely does seem that life is a downhill ride

most adults dont exactly seem too happy to me either...workin all day, then comin home and doing other work...repeat

Think this is because as children we seek only that which we desire that which makes us happy solely but as we become adults more and more we seek what society thinks we should and we seek practical things and things that seem like good ideas at the expense of happiness and creative freedom and inspiration.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3847920 - 02/28/05 05:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I won't say that I know exactly how you feel Pixie, but I can relate.  I don't know, I didn't start to feel happy at all until I said "fuck it" and started to follow my heart.  Now I feel like I'm having the time of my life.  (most of the time. :wink: )

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3854534 - 03/01/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
The most depressing thought though, is that I am told by everyone who's older than I that life only gets worse, the older you get.

Word, it'll be a miracle if I actually live a happy life....try to think positively, maybe things will get better.

--------------------

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Unhappy. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3854828 - 03/01/05 10:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes do things in a positive way. try to stay away from negative thoughts as they can eventually spread through out your mind and take over. when ever you have a negative thought replace it with a positive thought. soon your mind will adapt and you will believe in the positive thought. your mind can be negative or positive, your choice...

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Unhappy. [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3854863 - 03/01/05 10:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yup, and the mind has a very powerful as well as very underestimated effect on the physical world, and life in general.

--------------------

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Unhappy. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3854875 - 03/01/05 10:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the mind is your physical world :cool:

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #3855381 - 03/02/05 12:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I don't really want to go to college but I know if I want to ever have a semblance of "freedom" I have tough it out even though I pretty much hate it. I recently changed my major and that did lead to me at least knowing that what I'll be doing for the rest of my life I will like. I would suggest something similar to you. And just keep in mind a certain goal you have for yourself in the future, whether its related to your career or something completely different. Every time stuff starts to get to me I just think about my one big goal and it lgihtens the weight of the everyday BS.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom