Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHoneySunKisses
sMoKeY McPoT

Loc: Ontario, Canada (EH?!?!)
Anyone here who has a Panic Disorder?
    #3546815 - 12/27/04 05:27 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hi..I am just curious to find out if anyone here has been diagnosed with a panic disorder? If so, please pm me or post on here about your experiences with it ....been told that talking to other people who have it helps...
Have you ever been diagnosed with an Anxiety/Panic Disorder?
You may choose only one
Yes
No

Votes accepted from (12/27/04 02:00 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Anyone here who has a Panic Disorder? [Re: HoneySunKisses]
    #3546869 - 12/27/04 05:49 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have been diagnosed in the past with General Anxiety Disorder.  It's one of the few of my psychiatric "tags" that I agree with.  It used to cause quite a bit of trouble when I was younger, and still I have days when it is difficult for me to leave the house.  At my last job I would have unexpected panic attacks that took forever to resolve and cool down from.  Weed helps it a lot and I am learning not to be so anxious with meditation and shroom therapy. 

Prescription meds did nothing but make me suicidal and tired all the time, and since I also struggle from mood issues I found it best to stay away from that sort of thing.  I do what works for me, which has been working so far.  :smile:

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Anyone here who has a Panic Disorder? [Re: MOTH]
    #3547374 - 12/27/04 10:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My anxiety issues started a while ago when I stopped taking Lexapro "cold turkey". I went through SSRI withdrawal and since then I have had anxiety attacks, paranoia, and a load of other crap I don't want to mention now. This anxiety issue or whatever it may be got progressively worse over months, and when I smoked marijuana, it accentuated it. It's been about a year since this started and I have began to take Lexapro again out of desperation. I'm fucking sick of feeling flat, emotionless, braindead, and insane. Nothing helps.

I haven't received a specific diagnosis, but I've seen a few doctors about my heart racing, anxiety attacks, panic, and paranoia. I take Lexapro, an SSRI, and a benzo, Clonezapine (sp). The only apparent effect I have received from either is fatigue/drowsiness. Prescription meds are total crap in my opinion. They may help some people, but they do not help me.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineHoneySunKisses
sMoKeY McPoT

Re: Anyone here who has a Panic Disorder? [Re: Society]
    #3548946 - 12/27/04 06:40 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have been diagnosed with Panic Disorder, Genearlized Anxiety Diorder, Post Truamatic Stress Disorder and Depresssion.

I had horrible effects and withdrawls from paxil and effexor and then I tried celexa and my labido went downhill, and it hurt my relationship with my b/f....so I stopped taking that..then they put me on Welbutrin which seemed to be working for a time, but then I started getting really creepy hallucinations when I would close my eyes and I would have nightmares, so my doctor took me off of that and I am waiting a few days still to take a new drug they prescribed....Zoloft...now I am not sure I want to take this drug...read side effects..and I do not like it.

I have also been on numerous benzodiazapines (class of drugs to treat panic and anxiety disorders) such as Xanax, Lorazapam and Clonazepam. The Clonazepam seems to be working somewhat to help my attacks, but doesn't stop them.

I started having these problems after a really bad trip and believe that the mushrooms did bring out these disorders that I would have most likely had later in life, and I do not take any psychidelics anymore, except smoke pot...which is a mild psychidelic but nothing like shrooms lol....

But at one point, pot would start causing panic attacks because I couldn't handle bein out of reality and I would feel als though I was going to die right then and there.....so I stopped doing drugs for a while and then started up (long story) and now I smoke it all the time and feel like it does help somewhat at least with the anxiety.

I go day by day now because I believe that every day I wake up to, is going to be my last day alive. It is the scariest shit you can go through mentally that is....

Please feel free, anyone to discuss these disorders...wold love to have a full thread about this topic because it seems as though these disorders are popping up more frequently now.....

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

#3551041 - 12/28/04 01:18 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I was a schizophrenic wreck in the train disaster of '35. This is a quote derived from Al Pacheli's new translation of De lube's frantic display of miscommunication, Les Frantes Elaires.

Take it for what you will. But always know: you can't have disorder without order. Think about it!

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #3555127 - 12/29/04 12:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

HoneySunKisses said:

I started having these problems after a really bad trip and believe that the mushrooms did bring out these disorders that I would have most likely had later in life, and I do not take any psychidelics anymore, except smoke pot...which is a mild psychidelic but nothing like shrooms lol....

But at one point, pot would start causing panic attacks because I couldn't handle bein out of reality and I would feel als though I was going to die right then and there.....so I stopped doing drugs for a while and then started up (long story) and now I smoke it all the time and feel like it does help somewhat at least with the anxiety.

I've never actually been diagnosed or anything, but after reading symptoms of GAD, I'm pretty sure I have it for the exact same scenario you just described. It never happens when sober, but needless to say, I don't shroom anymore, and when I do smoke it's in very small amounts. It sucks really, but at the same time it's not that big of a deal.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Anyone here who has a Panic Disorder? [Re: Harbinger]
    #3555458 - 12/29/04 02:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I was diagnosed with panic disorder in 1992, the day after I started law school.  I learned that there are two reasons for the panic disorder syndrome:  Either a feeling of fear of death, or a feeling of loss of control.

I was put on different medications, as well.  None of them really "worked". 

The thing that works best is

1.  Get yourself distracted from the feeling you are feeling. 

2.  Realize that one day, you are going to die. 

1 and 2 are interchangeable.  :grin: 

Me and all of my sisters suffer from the same disorder.  Well, should say "suffered".  At the same time, one of my 4 sisters was going through the same thing, at the same time.  We used to call each other and distract each other from what we were feeling. 

Sometimes, it wasn't very helpful.  Like, if I was feeling chest pains and tingling in my limbs, she would coo, "Are you feeling chest pains???"  What a bitch!!!  But of course I got even at times.  :grin:

You really just have to get in control of it, and the way to get in control is to act as if you don't care if you are going to die, and as if you don't care if the world falls down around you. 

I haven't had a panic attack in a lot of years now.  I used to have so many panic attacks that I used to keep track of the locations of the hospitals in my area. 

One of the last panic attacks I had was right before a major paper was due in law school.  I went to the hospital, just in case I was dying.  But I also took all my materials with me to the hospital, just in case I wasn't dying.

My then-husband came to the hospital to see me and laughed at me that I had my  laptop and papers there on the hospital bed with me, even though I was possibly dying.  I was also hooked up to all kinds of machines. 

Well, I had to have the paper done, just in case I WASN'T dying.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineHoneySunKisses
sMoKeY McPoT

Re: Anyone here who has a Panic Disorder? [Re: Frog]
    #3555838 - 12/29/04 05:22 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

well my biggest fear is death so I can't just "accept" that i'm going to die that easily....I know it will happen but if I think of religion or anything affiliated with god, death, dying or whatever it fucking freaks me out.....and I have panic attacks like every fucking day and I live in fear that every single day that I wake up will be my last. I watched my father die when I was 7 (1989)and then a friend of mine died when I was 14 (1996) and then another friend of mine died in Sept 2001, (I was 19) and then a second father to me died like just a month after my friend died ...and I watched him die (the same fucking thing as my father) (2001) and then another friend of mine died from a car accident (2003)

I have been surrounded by death a lot and watched it happen and it scares the fucking shit out of me and man..im startin to panic now fuck....I gotta go take more clonazepam...fuck this sucks...man even discussing this shit creeps me out.....

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Anyone here who has a Panic Disorder? [Re: Frog]
    #3555945 - 12/29/04 05:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Either a feeling of fear of death

if you have panic disorder also remember that nobody ever died from a panic attack. Although it might feel like it and you might think you're dying; it just won't happen because of a panick attack.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Anyone here who has a Panic Disorder? [Re: stefan]
    #3557956 - 12/29/04 05:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i have almost the same problem as you, i have severe anxiety attacks out of nowhere, last night i was spinning some records at my friends oh\use and doing fucking great at it! about half na hour in i felt li ke my heart skipped a beat and then my pulse was racing for about 10 minutes as my friends looked at me oddly. for some reason i cant get around te telling them that im in a pannic/anxiety attack.

i was also on welbutrin and effexor... years ago while iw as locked up in rehab in mexico, before i was 18, im 21 now... and no im from the states, how i ended up in rehab youll have to talk to my folks about that one.... haha..i was first on welbutrini and then put on effexor the same day i was taken off of welbutrin, for three days i had un controllable muscle spasizms. today i have what is called esssential tremmor.... i think that it was related to the withdrawl of one medication while being put on another (fucking rehab dictors) anyways if i get one of these spasims in my chest, it feels like a heart attack (or so i owuld imagine) and that iw what happened last night

i can totally relate to what you said about feeling like oyu abot to die being the worst feeling in the world believe me i know. the first time i had an extreemely bad anxiety attack it lasted over an hour at which point i called the paramedics and when they were checking me out in the ambulance in the driveway i finally got the assurance i was not going to die....
sometimes it gets so bad for me that i cant even say what i s happening to me for fear that talking aobut it will bring more anxiety.

because of all of this i stopped smoking weee dof many manymonths just because ittriggered a panic attack a few time. pinic attacks + the paranioa from being stoned = one big problem...
i have resorted to buying benzos off of the black market because i cannot afford a doctor or a prescription. and keeping them around just incase. i only had to use them once while i had a panic/anxiety attack while on mushrooms, i think that the dose was less than a dime of cubes.

anyways anxiety somewhat rules my life, moreso than i want it to. sorry for the spelling, i jot a new laptop and the keys arent the same size as it would seem... and its a bitch to type

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Anyone here who has a Panic Disorder? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3611463 - 01/11/05 05:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

hey in case anyone wants to know, i developed panic disorder last september out of nowhere. full on dissociation/derealization, pretty much every symptom. i managed to completely get rid of it and forget what it feels like in 3 months through self hypnosis. the only thing left is now i grind my teeth all the time.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
I may have found the cure. Controled burn. [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3612726 - 01/11/05 02:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I suffer from panic and social phobias, I think I may have found the cure for panic.
Controled burn...
I have found that exstreem sports or high adrenaline activities help, ALOT. Go out and burn off your adrenaline supplies before your body takes an uncontroled dump.
When I was first seeking help for my panic attacks I found an article talking about how P.A.'s may be linked to the fight or flight reflex. It mentioned how humans have made our lives too comfotable and easy, our bodies may be producing more adrenaline then we need. It went on about how some people end up having uncontroled adrenaline dumps because we are understimulated and our adrenaline glands need to make room for new hormones. "Out with the old in with the new."
I am surprized I didn't think of this sooner.
About a year and a half ago I discovered that if I set myself up for an adrenaline rush early in the day, I will be panic attack free all day long. I discovered this when a friend of mine went through a paint ball phase.
I am not the most physicaly active person. I am too mellow for most sports. My social phobias keep me away from that scene anyways. I do keep venomous reptiles and an alligator as pets. I have had it a habit to take care of my animals in the morning. If my Timber rattlers don't get my heart rate up, my cobra will.
I have only had two panic attacks in this last year and a half. Both were on days I did not work with my animals in the morning.
I am not saying, run out and buy a cobra. <aybe just going out and running might be enough.
Good luck.
Let me know if you notice a differance.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being