this is kinda long post, but sorry...
I have this friend I've has since high school... we're really close and I was her maid of honor. She's REALLY overweight (Like she weighed 330 lbs and is only 5'5") and she had this surgery where they put a band around her stomach so it forces her to eat less... anyway this isn't the real issue, but it's kinda something you need to know
OK, her and her husband are going to Mexico and she invited me to come. Since her Mom paid for the trip (but isn't going, it's just going to be my friend and her husband) I would have to pay for myself, which I don't mind at all. it's actually a good deal, a little over $500 gets us round trip airfare from dallas, and all-inclusive hotel and aminities for 5 days and 4 nights, plus all the non-motorized activities (golf, mini-golf, windsurfing, swimming pool, snorkling, etc) that's all meals, unlimited snack bar and unlimited drinks (including alcohol)
so I get real excited making plans to go on this trip. I even talked my mom into letting me drive her brand-new loaded Durango to Dallas (about a 4-5 hour trip from here) so all three of us can comfortably sit in a vehicle for 5 hours (because her and her husband are large people) and it has a DVD player so we won't be so bored.
then the other night she starts lecturing me about how she's not going to drink so if i choose to drink she'll just leave me drunk somewhere and not even help me to my room or if someone tries to steal stuff from me while I'm drunk. Then she says that I can get pills over the counter in mexico without scripts but if I bought any she would call the mexican police on me and have me thrown in a mexican jail for attempting to smuggle drugs. Then says that I'm not allowed to ride her to dalas, and that her mom says she's not allowed to ride because I'm not a safe driver... so we would end up having to take 2 seperate vehicles for 3 people to get there.
ok, she has had 10 wrecks, all her fault, 3 of them causing major damage to all vehicles, and one of the major accidents she totalled a BRAND NEW car and almost died. Me? I've hydroplaned (which wasn't my fault, in fact, my insurance went DOWN $5/month after that happened) and 2 fender-benders that weren't my fault... one of the fender benders I wasn't even IN my car, it was parked in my driveway and some drunk ass backed into it... so I *know* her mom didn't ban her from driving with me because I'm a better driver, plus 1 second after i said 'my mom says we can take the durango' she says 'my mom said i can't ride with you' I mean, I *know* she didn't have a conversation with her mom discussing how i offered to drive everyone.
and she controls her husband so bad it's not even funny. I mean, somethings she's says to him or makes him do just amazes me he doesn't just walk out on her.
like we were at her dad's this weekend and he wanted to go shoot guns with her dad but she made him stay inside and make ladybug and butterfly picture frames... then he asked something about her dad and she bitches at him for not knowing it then says 'well, maybe if you spent time with him and bonded you'd know the answer to that question' I mean HELLO he tried to but you made him glue crazy eyes to a foam ladybug!
anyway, I just feel like she sees qualities in other people that she's jealous of then controls them so she feels superior in her head...
like her and her dad didn't have a good relationship AT ALL, and she was jealous her husband was going to bond with her dad, so she made him stay inside.
and she'd be jealous I'd be driving a REALLY nice car so she made up some excuse and controled me so I wouldn't be driving it... even though it's not even my car
and she'd be jealous that I'd be drinking and having a good time drunk so she makes these 'rules'... but it's not my fault she can't drink enough to get drunk because of her surgery.
I'm not going on that vacation now because i don't want to be bossed around and bitched at the entire time... and I don't want to have to drive 2 seperate cars for no reason.
other than trying to control people she's actually a good friend and will always be there if I need her (she wouldn't actually leave me for dead if I got drunk, she was just saying that to scare me from drinking, but she would bitch at me for the rest of the trip and i'd rather be in a mexican jail then listen to her bitch) and has really been there with some good advice when I needed it...
but sometimes I just can't take being controled and I want to say something to her when she's bossing around her husband because I can tell it's wearing him down.
any suggestions?
-------------------- We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
|