Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Friend taking me for granted
    #2332854 - 02/14/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My best friend is bieng an ass. I have been chilling with her for 3-4 years. She has all these other friends who i am on verying degrees of coolness with.
It seems like alot of times she would rather be with her boyfriend, or other friends than chill with me. So she'll be like "i don't think you should come over because **** is gonna be here" and i'll be like "i don't care about them" and she'll be like well you can't be here because i don't want any trouble.
So i'm here tonight instead of going to a bad ass party because they'r are two people they'r who she hates but are friends with her boyfriend. That are aparently holding a grudge against me because i got alittle bit of puke in they'r sink one night after partying. this isn't the first time shit like this has happend.
I can't help but take this personally. Why do these people matter more than me when she has said herself she hates them?
uhhh yea... anybody else got friends like that?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Friend taking me for granted [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2333345 - 02/14/04 03:18 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah dude...I'm having a rough time with my 'friend' right now too. She's been my 'best friend' since high school...but ever since she got pregnant and had a baby we haven't been able to relate. Also, I suspect that she's using me to get to drugs (mushrooms), because she only comes and visits me when she wants me to give her some shrooms.

I know things change when you get older but it just sucks to drift away from my friend like that, or maybe she just needs some space to sort things out.

I hope your situation improves soon since it sounds like those other people are being asses to you, not to mention your friend. A little bit of puke in a sink isn't something to get all bent out of shape about, in my opinion. I'd just be happy you made it to the sink, heh. I don't know...maybe your friendship is changing with her, like what happened with my friend.

The best of luck,

ShadeGirl

OfflineSYCOdelik
Trippy
Male

Loc: where am i again?
    #2338037 - 02/15/04 05:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I got the same problem,

I've been chillin wit my "best friend" since first grade, ever since high school he's started being more and more of a prick.
we chill, but if there if there is anyone else hanging out wit us he'll start ragging on me and making fun of me to make himself look better.

I say if they treat you like crap then fuk em.

Boy am i glad I'll be away at college in a couple of months.

--------------------

~Life is one long ride, make it the best ride you can.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

#2338133 - 02/15/04 06:28 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Thanx guys
I just wrote this letter in hopes that it might help things:

D ______,

This letter is to get some shit off of my chest that i have been wanting to tell you for a long time.
I feel like your taking me for granted. It seems like most of the time we are together, it is on an 'off' day from
C _____ and your other friends. You call me like once a month, (if you haven't noticed) i always call you first.
I wouldn't have said anything, but this shit the other day has me really fuckin pissed.
First i call and you say i shouldn't come over, but being me i do anyway. Than you tell me i can't be there because of
D _____*. "i just don't want any drama" so i'm supposed to leave.
Then later we find out that because R _____, and A _____ might be at a party. (did they even show?) that i can't go
"i just don't want any drama" so to make everybody happy you hung out with me in the shadows and brought of all people
D _____* to the party. So i missed what i heard was a bad ass party, because your more concerned with how you look to
your boyfriends, brothers, girlfriend. Than thinking about how i feel.

I'm sick of this kind of shit. Just to let you know, i won't be calling you from now on. Not that i don't want to talk
to you. I just want to see if you give a fuck enouph about our friendship to actually pick up the phone. And if you choose
to invite me to come hang out with you, or mabey even to be seen by all of your new cooler friends than i would be glad to.
but, its all in your hands. so do what you will

Dreamer987

--------------------

InvisibleBillyGrass

#2339681 - 02/16/04 02:28 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You can't control the way somone feels about you. Concentrate on this thought, and all ignorance will dissolve. You must follow your instincts, just as she must follow her own. Always keep your cool. You may not be able to control your emotions or the motions of your friends, but you do control your actions. Don't let your emotions control your actions. Form a buffer between the two. You will learn that when you are processing emotion, your intelligence takes a back seat. Which means the actions you take during this time could not be the same actions would take when your intelligence is at it's peak. Some Buhddist guy said: "Trace all waves of turbulance back the warmth love of the sun." That basically means that no matter how angry or sad you get you should always remember that every emotion is a chance to learn more about yourself, and not a bad feeling that needs to be squashed.

i hope this helps
BillyGrass

Offlineskoomaguitarist
pathetique

Loc: superfailure
    #2340900 - 02/16/04 02:00 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i had a fiancee like that...

HAD

Edited by skoomaguitarist (02/16/04 02:07 PM)

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park

#2341469 - 02/16/04 03:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

If yiu send that letter as is don't be surprised if you get no calls. You are asking her to disobey EVERYBODY else for you. This may be unlikely. Using terms like "fucking pissed" and "your new cooler friends" is agressive. Your best case scenario is she breaks down and apologises for being so mean to you, she doesnt sound like the type at all. But if you wanna go out in a bang this'll do you fine.

P.S- If you don't hear from her she has read the letter to everybody.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Friend taking me for granted [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #2342863 - 02/16/04 08:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

if she's stupid enough to read that to everybody trying to make fun of him, she doesnt even worth the time you take to write it.
Better be alone than have friends like that IMO

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Re: Friend taking me for granted [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #2351074 - 02/18/04 05:39 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Naw this is just little shit, we'v been best friends for like 4 years.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being