Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineOtto
observer

Loc: the middle of somewhere
Re: I can't take the way these steroids affect me ... [Re: HB]
    #1631093 - 06/13/03 10:44 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

How's it going?

As you can tell I don't come around here much, but saw the title of the post and had to check it out.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease more then 10 years ago and I have had my ups and downs with it, but it has forced me to learn more about life and myself then I think anything else has. If I can suggest one thing it is to keep your mind open. Remember that traditional western medicine is just one part of the puzzle.

As far as the prednisone stuff goes... I feel your pain man. Even on a low dose the way I felt was bad. I would sometimes feel extremly high and then extremely anxious. It is a shitty drug, but it has saved my colon and possibly my life.

I wish I could reccomend something for the side effects, but the best I can offer would be something that would be useful even when not on the prednisone. It is a system of healing with flower essences. The system I have had good luck with is Bach Flower Essences. More can be found on them by doing a google search. For each mind state there is a paticular flower that is useful "against" that negative mind state. Flower essences work on an energetic level....To the average skeptic this probibly sounds like hogwash, but I wasn't always so open minded. My criteria is if it workd for you then use it....and it works for me. There is a good discussion group for Bach Flower Essences at the yahoo groups.

I would also reccomend joining a group called Healing Crow in the yahoo groups. It is centered around a diet that I tried that cures some people of Crohn's (it didn't help me that much though), but there are lots of intelligent people on their that discuss the latest theories behind IBD and cutting edge treatments. The diet is called the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and is a lot like the atkins diet... except that all complex carbohydrates are eliminated. More can be found with a google search or check out this link for reviews of the book  SCD Book Review

Lots of doctors will tell you that diet is not important in Crohn's, but that is bullshit. You will have to find out which foods work for you and which don't. One that doesn't for me is beef. I haven't had any beef for 6-7 years since I found out that I didn't tolerate it well and it has helped with my health. I also eliminated all sugar flavored soft drinks. Sugar is bad for anyone,  but especially bad for people with tendor guts that are likely to have bacterialogical imbalences. I find also that a juicer is great. If you can get your tastebuds away from sugary coated drinks there is nothing like fresh juiced vegetables. Actually studies have shown that freshly juiced cabbage can cure stomach ulcers and is great for people with IBD. I am actually abou to go home and make a carrot, parsley, and garlic drink that I find very helpful when I am not feeling well.

There are some natural antiinflamitory substances which would be worth checking out. The one I would reccomend the most is turmeric (spice found in pickles). Studies have been done that showed it reduced inflamation as much as 5-ASAs (pentasa. colazal, etc...). The active component are curcumins and the extract or the pure ground (or preferably fresh) root can be taken. Boswellia which is an ayervedic herb also has some good antiinflamitory properties. Similar studies to that of turmeric have showed it is helpful in IBD. Fish Oil is also good. The omega 3 fatty acids have some antiinflamitory properties.

I think you'll like this one....SMOKE POT. Crohn's disease is a legal reason to get a med pot scrip in some states for good reason (I know at least in Colorado). Last night I woke up feeling kinda shitty..stomach cramps..smoked a bowl and it helped a ton...went right back to sleep. Also, you'll probily find that your disease gets worse during stressful times. Pot can help chill you out when you need it.

That's it for now, but if you have any questions just post them back up here.

Take Care
Otto 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: I can't take the way these steroids affect me ... [Re: Otto]
    #1631252 - 06/13/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

wow, thanks again for all your help ...

they've been cutting down my doses, so i no longer am getting those kinds of episodes, but i still feel a bit off-camber about things ... but it's managable now, and especially moreso if i smoke ...

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: I can't take the way these steroids affect me ... [Re: HB]
    #1632477 - 06/13/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

...haaa Prednisone, yes, i had to take that too...
It drove me crazyy too at the beginning, but curiously, as time passed the "energy up" side of this drug stayed and the down side disapeared...i remember how i couldn't stop to eat anything, that was insane !

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: I can't take the way these steroids affect me ... [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1632500 - 06/14/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

glad to hear your all ok hb, I think that I siad earlier that I was on prednisone too, dorve me nuts. My best friend was telling me how I was chewing him out (he is a funny guy, likes to joke around and shit like me, gusse I couldn't handle it)and how that I was all depressed and shit. Well, best of luck man. Sorry about any typos, I'm on oxy (again), after this does I'm done, I'm out and I'm not gonna use it again for a long, long time. I controle me.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: I can't take the way these steroids affect me ... [Re: gdman]
    #1632504 - 06/14/03 12:13 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

the docs really fucked me up. giving me those steroids and a shit load of pks. different form your situation though. After I was off the roids I became myself. But they gave me lots of oxy for me to take home, not on like a drip. So I had acess and access I did, and damm, I managed to get more and even though you have a lot, you'd think it'll last a long, long time. It did last a while but before I knew it I jsut took my last does and it's like damm it's gone. No more for me though, it's been fun, but I'm laying off the pks.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder