Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI_Didnt_Inhale
professionalhighist

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Friends make me go insane
    #1599950 - 06/02/03 12:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

One of my best friends is really starting to aggrivate me...actually, he is always getting on my nerves but today was too much...I tell him that I have a shitload of studying and homework to do for monday so I am gonna be stayin in all weekend. He says "alright", but I could tell he was a little pissed cuz he expects to do something with me every weekend.( Did I mention we're like best buds here) So friday I'm studying and whatnot and the phone rings and his name appears on the call display. I dont answer it. Saturday again I'm studying and he phones me up AGAIN...I answer it and of course he asks me if I wanna do something! I tell him how I have A LOT of shit to do, and he's tryin to pressure me to go out.."aww come on man, just for a few hours"....FUCK OFF, ALREADY. Then finally today(sunday), the phone rings onece more, i answer it and again he asks me if I wanna do something....now, what the fuck. I thought I made this clear. So I tell him no and he says something like this:  " Jesus man, you've been studying for like 14 hours straight. I feel bad for you, you have such boring weekends. Why dont you just do what I do and study for half a day and have fun the other half."
The funny thing is, is that this guy is barely graduating cuz his marks are so low :smirk:
I tell him "no sorry" and he goes, "alright fine whatever.I'll see you tomorrow."(in a frustrated tone)

It just really pisses me off when he tries to dictate my fuckin life and tells me whats
best for myself...I could go on for hours about how much my "best friend" pisses me off like this, but I'll get too worked up about it. "sigh" 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Friends make me go insane [Re: I_Didnt_Inhale]
    #1599979 - 06/02/03 01:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with you but a phone call a day is no big deal...

Does he have other friends? Cuz it sounds like he's just hoping you'll wanna do something cuz if you dont he cant; not like he's telling you whats best you for...

Just the way I see it.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1600387 - 06/02/03 03:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

u guys stoners?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Friends make me go insane [Re: Strumpling]
    #1600532 - 06/02/03 05:39 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The poor guy sounds really lonely, I had a friend like that who used to ring me up at least twice a day saying come out for a smoke, I used to to say "nah, gotta finish my coursework" but by the time we'd finish talking i'd be on my way to his house. It baffles me how people can sit indoors and study when they're being tempted by drugs and friends. It must be a form of control I lacked back then and probably still do.....

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Friends make me go insane [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1602490 - 06/02/03 09:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The poor guy sounds really lonely, I had a friend like that who used to ring me up at least twice a day saying come out for a smoke, I used to to say "nah, gotta finish my coursework" but by the time we'd finish talking i'd be on my way to his house. It baffles me how people can sit indoors and study when they're being tempted by drugs and friends. It must be a form of control I lacked back then and probably still do.....

Thats a problem in its own lol. You just gotta realize whats more important, smoke *after* you do your stuff cuz if you smoke first you probably wont do in anyways. Work 1st, play later. Or whatever the line is.

I_Didn't_Inhale, is this your drug buddy?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Friends make me go insane [Re: DailyPot]
    #1603587 - 06/03/03 04:31 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"I_Didn't_Inhale, is this your drug buddy?"

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing.. if so it says a lot about the situation - if not it increases my ignorance on the subject at hand

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: Friends make me go insane [Re: Strumpling]
    #1606044 - 06/03/03 09:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think it is both his regular friend and "drug" buddy.

To be honest I was like this(I_Didn't_Inhale's friend) to one of my friends.

I always asked if they wanted to blaze with me and that i'd smoke them out. but they always said they couldn't or how they were stopping. I asked them a lot but they always said no(i wasn't really lonely but I just liked it when i blaze with my best friends.) So they always end up saying no so I just have to either blaze with my other friends(which i do sometimes) or by myself(majority myself)

But I stopped asking my best buds if they wanted to blaze. and a best bud to me would be having similiar interests with me. and they just don't want to do drugs or go to a party or anything. so im finding new friends :|

the point is....Just kindly let him know. Say not this weekend but for sure next weekend or something liek that. and you have to really mean it. yah man it seems as if you got a good friend that just wants to hang out with you. don't take it to heart that he keeps on asking you or says how lame your weekends are. the guy is saying this to try and get you to smoke with him. im sure he doesn't really mean it.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #1608809 - 06/04/03 07:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I have to sympathize with your friend here.  Why couldn't you chill with him, even for just a little bit?  He probably just wanted to see you.  Drugs need not be involved...

It pisses me off too when my friends do what you're doing to this guy... :frown: 

--------------------

OfflineI_Didnt_Inhale
professionalhighist

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Re: Friends make me go insane [Re: the free thinker]
    #1609911 - 06/05/03 02:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

We don't do drugs together...
I see this guy everyday at school, and at least once on weekends so I think I should be entitled to some NEEDED study time for my provincial exams (canadian).
It's true, we've been hangin out a lot less but that's just because I'm really trying to focus on my school right now since these marks will be with me for the rest of my life and I dont want these trivial issues to hinder my chances of success.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being