Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinethelion
I have a problem
    #3125144 - 09/12/04 06:12 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My problem is that I have a neihbor who has a kid who smokes pot. The problem is the smoke comes into (fumes) my room. It happens at random times. And by the time I smell it, it is too late to do anything. Last night at around 2am I smelt it and it just makes me paranoid. This is the second time this has happend. The first time it happend I had a word with the mother of the kid just to let her know about it in case she did'nt know. She said she was aware of the problem but said that I should shut my window. Well I do shut my window but by the time I do that I am already suffering from anxciousness an paranioa. I don't know what else to do. Our houses are pretty close together and there seems no way around this, but I am a sufferer of this problem for many years and am trying to recover and put my life back together and on the right path.

I really find this to be frustrating. This kid I feel is capable of putting me back into a state of paranioa. I would feel different (less angry) if this was just some random enounter in town. But this kid lives right next to me. I have almost no way of escaping this. The only option is to never open my window which seems absurd.

One side of me wants to talk to the kid or the mother again. I am really angry about this becouse I did not come all this way to be distrubed and altered paranoid, by some kid who has nothing better to do then get high and blow the smoke out the window. It makes me mad becouse I am a recovering addict and I just want to live a clean life. AGGHH! This makes me mad!

This is not fair!

HELP what can I do?

I want to go talk to the kid and put an end to this. Tell him that cut out the pot smoking or do it so the smoke does not blow out the window toward my house or window. I want to tell him that he is effecting other people negativley. And that other people have been in recovery for years in the house next door and he is making things worse for them.

Either that or talki to the mother but I have a feeling I will be getting nowhere with her.

HELP what can I do?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: I have a problem [Re: thelion]
    #3125157 - 09/12/04 06:22 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

ok, so let me see if i have this straight....you used to smoke pot. theres a kid next door who smokes pot, and you can sometimes smell it through your window. you do not like this...because the smell makes you want to smoke again?

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinethelion
Re: I have a problem [Re: wrestler_az]
    #3125165 - 09/12/04 06:29 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
ok, so let me see if i have this straight....you used to smoke pot. theres a kid next door who smokes pot, and you can sometimes smell it through your window. you do not like this...because the smell makes you want to smoke again?

Sorry for not be more clear. The pot smoke makes me feel paranoid as in I feel like I am losing myself (feeling ancious) and my thoughts are not clear like they should be.

I used to smoke pot for years on and off. Now I am a recoving addict. Many years ago I really tripped my brains out. Now pot smoke makes mereally paranoid.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

#3125167 - 09/12/04 06:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

so your getting a contact high or something?

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinethelion
    #3125172 - 09/12/04 06:35 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
so your getting a contact high or something?

Yes definitly. But it doesnt exactly amound to a high. More like a paranioa.

If I could relax perhaps it would be a high, but either way...

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3125174 - 09/12/04 06:36 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

He's not getting high.

He has a strong mental association from the smell that leads him to remember how really smoking it made him felt!!!

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

#3125176 - 09/12/04 06:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well, im not really sure what to tell you. however, i dont think ratting him out to his parents is the answer. just cuz you feel you cant smoke weed anymore, doesnt mean that this kid should stop just for you. maybe talk to the kid, and ask him to find a different place to smoke if at all possible.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinethelion
    #3125183 - 09/12/04 06:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
well, im not really sure what to tell you. however, i dont think ratting him out to his parents is the answer. just cuz you feel you cant smoke weed anymore, doesnt mean that this kid should stop just for you. maybe talk to the kid, and ask him to find a different place to smoke if at all possible.

Hmmm. Its weird though you know? I am now 29 years old trying to put my life back together and here is a high school kid (no pun intended) who is getting in my way, who doesnt know anything about lifes realities as an adult. I can't take it.

I guess I should try and relax, but when paranioa and anxiety has you in its grips it is very difficult to get out of. Talking to you guys has helped though.

At least it is Sunday and there is Sunday football to look foward to at this point. Go New York Jets!

Offlinethelion
Re: I have a problem [Re: Ego Death]
    #3125184 - 09/12/04 06:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
He's not getting high.

He has a strong mental association from the smell that leads him to remember how really smoking it made him felt!!!

Care to explain this a bit further?

Oh I get it now!! : )

Edited by thelion (09/12/04 08:44 AM)

Offlinethelion
    #3125213 - 09/12/04 07:11 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think you guys get it though. A long time ago I suffered from serious paranioa from smoking pot and eating mushrooms. I dont want to go through that again. The severity of the paranioa lasted for years. Yes years. The smell makes me feel like I am paranoid again. Hopefully I will calm down and relax after a while but this stuff is no joke. I really want to tell that kid, "yo what you are effecting me by smoking your pot. This is no joke. Take some responsibilty and do it somewhere else. You may be getting high but you are in essnce ripping my life apart".

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

#3125219 - 09/12/04 07:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

but you see, its not his fault...sure, smoking weed is illegal and what not, but that aside i think that he has every "right" to smoke pot if he wants to. he shouldnt have to quit because his nextdoor neighbor gets paranoid when he smells it. i say talk to him. try to be polite about it, but the fact that you already talked to his mom about it isnt going to make him very sympathetic to your cause. but tell him your situation, and see if theres somewhere else he can smoke it where its not coming into your window. if not, then just deal with it, or move i guess....not sure what else to tell you man

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinethelion
    #3125246 - 09/12/04 07:55 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
but you see, its not his fault...sure, smoking weed is illegal and what not, but that aside i think that he has every "right" to smoke pot if he wants to. he shouldnt have to quit because his nextdoor neighbor gets paranoid when he smells it. i say talk to him. try to be polite about it, but the fact that you already talked to his mom about it isnt going to make him very sympathetic to your cause. but tell him your situation, and see if theres somewhere else he can smoke it where its not coming into your window. if not, then just deal with it, or move i guess....not sure what else to tell you man

Yes I may talk to him. I personally think it might be in his best interest to not smoke pot, but that is really none of my business. At least I can talk to him about be considerate of my situation and maybe getting him to smoke somewhere else.

Offlinethelion
    #3125252 - 09/12/04 08:00 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:

At the same time its not my fault that he is smoking his pot.

He shouldnt have to quit no. But its not my fault that he is smoking his pot and the fumes are blowing into my room. That is not my fault.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3125504 - 09/12/04 11:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Nobody can take fault here.

Who will take fault for you having paranoia (YOU).
Who will take fault for him smoking pot (HIM).

Lets face it, if you have a chat to this kid. Being that you are the adult, most likely, he will be worried that you could get him in seriouse trouble and you won't be getting bothered in the future!

You have a problem which you need to sort out. There is a simple and obvious solution to this problem (TALK) so do it!!!

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: I have a problem [Re: Ego Death]
    #3125513 - 09/12/04 11:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Call the cops.
That'd be some funny shit right there... that would scare the kid senseless if the cops even came by and just talked.

--------------------

InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #3125679 - 09/12/04 01:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Why exactly cant you control yourself around the smell?

Its just a smell.. you'll encounter it alot in life...

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3126420 - 09/12/04 06:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I just can't see how this is that big of a deal.

I don't know anyone who has quit smoking weed to have this problem of not being able to stand the smell.

I could maybe understand if you had quit heroin, and there were a bunch of junkies in your room shooting up all the time, but come on.

Offlinethelion
Re: I have a problem [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #3126891 - 09/12/04 09:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HarveyWalbanger said:
Why exactly cant you control yourself around the smell?

Its just a smell.. you'll encounter it alot in life...

I don't know why. Probably because I had a very negative experience with pot and mushrooms many, many years ago that changed my life for the worst. I experience paranioa nervouseness anxiety with it. Its like a contact high that could go either way, make me high or make me paranoid. I would rather not take the chance on either.

Its something I have had for a particularly long time.

See, the problem with this particular case is he lives right next door, so the frequency is going to be greater. If it was a random encounter it would be easier to deal with because it would not be like I am sitting at home and have no alternative.

Offlinethelion
Re: I have a problem [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3126913 - 09/12/04 09:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
I just can't see how this is that big of a deal.

I don't know anyone who has quit smoking weed to have this problem of not being able to stand the smell.

I could maybe understand if you had quit heroin, and there were a bunch of junkies in your room shooting up all the time, but come on.

Well for me it is this way. I didn't quit smoking weed because I thought "its time to grow up" although that is a good idea, I quit because it started making me paranoid. When I smell the weed it just brings back all those feelings almost instantly and it takes me awhile to get out of it.

Perhaps there is an underlying cause to this but I still have to suffer from it and feel the way I do. Perhaps I need to be more secure with myself. But it is tough.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3127273 - 09/12/04 11:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

thelion said:
This kid I feel is capable of putting me back into a state of paranioa.

I did not come all this way to be distrubed and altered paranoid,  by some kid who has nothing better to do then get high and blow the smoke out the window. It makes me mad becouse I am a recovering addict and I just want to live a clean life. AGGHH! This makes me mad!

This is not fair!

I want to tell him that he is effecting other people negativley. And that other people have been in recovery for years in the house next door and he is making things worse for them.

HELP what can I do?

I have pulled a few of your remarks up
Beware I can be crude so here I go...........

Your a pussy. Nobody is responsible for your paranioa Dingdong
If you contiune to blam other people for your weakness
Then you are never going to be alright

You do know what you are mad about is very,very selfish RIGHT??

I mean, you are asking the world to accept the fact you are a sorry excuse for a recovering drug addict and not to upset your delicate balance of lies.

Lies??? Yeah the lies you keep telling yourself about how you can't handle pot smoke. Liar

The lie of " I want the clean life"

No you don't because if you did. The drugs would be no problem to be around.

A true person would handle it not cower like a sheep hiding from the wolves.

See the whole trick to stoping drug use is to, stop using drugs.

Not ask the world to kiss your ass. Sissy ,be a real person and stand up for your own life.

If you can't handle the smells of your close by humans then move to the country.

What's not fair, is your whole point of view :rolleyes:

Oh and one other big secret in life is this..........

No person can make you mad.
You make the choice to be mad
You are the only person to make you mad

If you can master that then you will have peace.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being