Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblerionshroom
Stranger
Loc: FL
long term effects?
    #381532 - 08/29/01 03:35 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Just wondering if anybody out there knows FOR REAL what the long term effects are of taking 'shrooms on a regular basis. Let's say as much as 3-6 grams once a week.

I've heard so many different things, and I'm not sure who to believe. If you can point me to any medical journals or extended studies, I'd be interested. Or if you're just someone who has been takin shrooms for years, and you can tell me first hand, that's even better.

Uncle JAM wants YOU!

--------------------
Uncle JAM wants YOU!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: long term effects? [Re: rionshroom]
    #381578 - 08/29/01 04:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

No one really knows the long term effects. So far, there haven't really been any reported effects. Don't forget that eating psilocybin mushrooms only became "popular" about 40 years ago.

Doing shrooms once a week isn't so good of an idea. Rather, wait 1 and a half weeks, or two. You could build up a tolerance if you do it every 7 days.

Also, I have found that I don't feel like doing shrooms all too often. Twice a month is good for me. It's weird, because I really like tripping on mushrooms, and I get excited over it, but then after it's like "hmmm, I guess I'll save these".

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#381582 - 08/29/01 04:37 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

www.erowid.org

3-6 grams a week? ya that doesn't sound AT ALL healthy. use shrooms only as needed in order to improve or help something in your life. if you need to do a drug that much, at least smoke pot or something. not only will the shrooms get boring but who knows how well your mind will hold up

i dont know about mushies, but one kid i knew used to do about 4-8 hits of acid weekly and now he drives a hearse with flames airbrushed on it. his brain is PERMANENTLY fried. why would you want to do this to yourself? (btw this isn't DARE bullshit this is a kid who used to go to my school and dropped out in 10th grade)

used in moderation, shrooms are very safe
abused, there is a possibility of long term damage

We're all MADD here...

InvisibleHydro
addict
Loc: In your closet..
Re: long term effects? *DELETED* [Re: HB]
    #381620 - 08/29/01 05:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Hydro

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: long term effects? [Re: Hydro]
    #381624 - 08/29/01 05:41 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i wish i had a minivan with a mushroom on the back door

We're all MADD here...

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #381631 - 08/29/01 05:45 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

As far as modern medicine knows, there are not long term effects to using psylocybe mushrooms. Even if you do take 3-6 grams per week.

But like everyone else said: it's just not worth it to take so much. Wait at least 2 weeks between dosing so you don't build up your tolerance too much.

-----------------------
"Our culture's defined by the ones least defined..." -- The Offspring

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineproject10
Stranger
    #381684 - 08/29/01 06:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

While that doesn't sound at all healthy or enjoyable, if you make the informed decision to go ahead with something like that, there isn't really any research that will explain what will happen. AFAIK there hasn't been any research on psilocybin mushrooms in the past 20 years. On the other hand, shamans have undoubtedly taken a good deal of mushrooms over a very long period of time, and have not suffered any long-term effects that I am aware of.

Perhaps after a few trips you'll come to the realization that there are two sides to 'shroom use: Recreational and Introspective -- exploring both sides is fun. The potential risk of taking too many shrooms in rapid succession is a fairly great one -- if you're willing to be a human guinea pig, go for it. Tell us how it goes.

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
Re: long term effects? [Re: project10]
    #381705 - 08/29/01 07:37 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I dont know much about long term effects..

But I can tell you, if you use 3-6 grams every week for long enough, you could damage your liver which is vital organ.

--- Catch me @ http://codered.xs3.com ---
kastro@marijuana.com

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: long term effects? [Re: TrauM]
    #382047 - 08/30/01 09:56 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think mushrooms damage your liver much, or even at all. Taking 3-6 grams a week probably wont have any long-term effects, but most people don't even want to take that much.

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Offlineyersodum
Stranger
Loc: yer moms house
    #382059 - 08/30/01 10:15 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

dude....eat shrooms every day...youll be straight. i know a goth kid who mainlined 25+ hits of acid... a little wierd now (to say the least) but hes alive(well he was last time i checked). anyways...ive done a shitload of drugs...tripped for days straight. eaten shrooms tilli puked then ate another quarter...two days in a row. a friend of mine ate a sheet in 3 days with no side affects. i think the side affects from hallucinigens vary greatly depending on the user. btw if you do bug out and do somehting crazy, dont blame me. im not even real. have fun. eat em till you yak.

eat a dick

--------------------
eat a dick

Invisiblerionshroom
Stranger
Loc: FL
Re: long term effects? [Re: yersodum]
    #382158 - 08/30/01 01:51 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for all the insight.

The reason I asked about doing that much is the fact that I'm a drummer, and I love playing music while on shrooms. I can forget about all the technical aspects of drumming and just 'fly'

I just started growing, and could probably do as much as I wanted, but I probably won't trip more than every other week, for all the reasons that you all stated.

thanks
rion

Uncle JAM wants YOU!

--------------------
Uncle JAM wants YOU!

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
    #382181 - 08/30/01 02:38 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yersodum that kinda stuff shouldn't be said around here..

Your setting a bad example for people, new people can be mislead by misinformation posted and who knows what can happen to them..

Peace

--- Catch me @ http://codered.xs3.com ---
kastro@marijuana.com

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

OfflineWoodsman
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
    #383000 - 08/31/01 09:41 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Back in my hippie days I went thru a phase (for a couple of years) where I was tripping weekly & smoking pot every day--let's just say it wasn't real healthy psychologically. I felt really alienated from everyday life & other people, became pretty withdrawn & friendless, worked a series of crummy minimum-wage jobs & lived in poverty 'cause I had no ambition to do anything more than get stoned, listen to music, read science fiction, & sit around brooding over what a loser & fuckup I was. Most of my existence felt like stumbling through a confused dream--in fact the line between dream & waking reality became blurred to the point I still can't recall a lot of what really happened.

Finally just got bored with that routine & quit the drugs entirely for several years. Nowadays I appreciate a good cannabis or mushroom experience once in a rare while as a special treat; most of the time I just enjoy being clear, sharp, & functional. Nothing is perfect--life still sucks in many ways--but I feel better equipped to deal with it not wandering through a constant haze.

Can't say there was any permanent "damage" from this period of overuse except for some minor phenomena: woodgrain gets crawly if I stare at it too intently, sometimes I "space out" for a few seconds with the feeling of tripping, sometimes I dream about tripping & wake up hallucinating for a minute or so. The negative effects seem to have been a function of constant reinforcement during the period of heavy use.

But this is only my experience--everyone has to do what they gotta do & find their own way.

OfflineShroomanism
Cosmic Voyager
Other
Re: long term effects? [Re: Woodsman]
    #16617285 - 07/30/12 03:44 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

she is alive!!!!!!

--------------------
If we were really generous,we would give us all alot

InvisibleFruitOfLife
Professional Package Handler

Re: long term effects? [Re: yersodum]
    #16617307 - 07/30/12 03:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

yersodum said:
dude....eat shrooms every day...youll be straight. i know a goth kid who mainlined 25+ hits of acid... a little wierd now (to say the least) but hes alive(well he was last time i checked). anyways...ive done a shitload of drugs...tripped for days straight. eaten shrooms tilli puked then ate another quarter...two days in a row. a friend of mine ate a sheet in 3 days with no side affects. i think the side affects from hallucinigens vary greatly depending on the user. btw if you do bug out and do somehting crazy, dont blame me. im not even real. have fun. eat em till you yak.<br><br>eat a dick

:facepalm3: :underage:

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: long term effects? [Re: FruitOfLife]
    #16617956 - 07/30/12 05:44 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Just wondering if anybody out there knows FOR REAL what the long term effects are of taking 'shrooms on a regular basis. Let's say as much as 3-6 grams once a week.

You turn into one of these:

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineCactiSam
Stoner
Loc: SouthEast
Re: long term effects? [Re: joemolloy]
    #16617992 - 07/30/12 05:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

BAHAHA

10 YEAR OLD THREAD

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: long term effects? [Re: CactiSam]
    #16618014 - 07/30/12 05:54 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sure the OP still checks back from time to time to see if anyone was willing to offer some insight.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract