Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShrooms4Less
Shroom4Free
 User Gallery

Loc: Right Here
Increasing fruiting cakes (?)
    #3778649 - 02/14/05 01:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have heard you can inject water into the cake from a syringe before the first flush. Is this True? how do you sterilize the syringe and water? Can you boil spring water and then suck that water in and out of the syringe a couple times and then suck in 10cc let cool and inject? Also when you use perlite for humidication, do you use a mixture of 10 cups water to 1 cup hydrogen peroxide to soak the perlite? Thank You to all with the feedback and Peace

PS how do you find and get a avatar?

thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Increasing fruiting cakes (?) [Re: Shrooms4Less]
    #3778698 - 02/14/05 02:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4Less said:
I have heard you can inject water into the cake from a syringe before the first flush. Is this True? how do you sterilize the syringe and water? Can you boil spring water and then suck that water in and out of the syringe a couple times and then suck in 10cc let cool and inject?

Yes..you can.

VooDoo style

You can use a new syringe and sterile water...or pressure cook a syringe with water in it...or you can boil water and then suck that water in and out of the syringe a couple times...then suck in the water and let it cool down before using.

You inject the sterile water into several different places in the cake.

Good luck!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Increasing fruiting cakes (?) [Re: Shrooms4Less]
    #3778708 - 02/14/05 02:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, you have the right idea about sterilizing water. Some people insert a straw ino the cake and fill halfway with water.
I think I'm gonna have to do the very same thing on a microwave experiment I'm trying. Moisture content is key.

As for the avatar: I've created an emty folder on my desktop that I direct downloads to. Right click a web immage and save.
Come to the shroomery, click my pics at the top>upload>browse>upload.
Then click make this image my avatar :wink:

GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale