Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleIncognito
mid-fruit hyrdation
    #591616 - 03/28/02 07:20 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

if the cake is in the early mid fruiting stage, then would it be adviseable to inject new water using a syringe? would this be a shock, and thus result in damage, or would it be good, and result in more and bigger shrooms? how much water should be injected for a 1/2pint cake? whenever i do more than 2-3cc it just runs out the bottom. would it be beneficial to use honey water at this time, or would the nutrient injection be too "freshly introduce" to be of any use? how long does mycelia have to colonise a substrate before it becomes useable nutrients to the mycelia?
all replies would be appreciated.

--------------------
To make a contribution to the Society for Restructuring Your Lives please contact me. We accept contributions of the following types: capital, capital producing systems, information deemed vauable to the society. Please direct all inquiries to me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpaceCruiser
journeyman
Re: mid-fruit hyrdation [Re: Incognito]
    #591667 - 03/28/02 08:53 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It will not bother your existing pins or fruits to inject some water into your cakes. I keep my cakes and casings supplied with a healthy amount of water. The fruits are so heavily concentrated with water that it is important to keep well hydrated. I would inject the water as you described. If the water is leaking out the bottom of the cake as you described, then you must have your cakes on a flat surface (jar lid, plate, ect.). I would put some damp vermiculite under the cakes. This will absorb this leaking water and provide another resevoir for your cake to drink. L8rs.

InvisibleIncognito
Re: mid-fruit hyrdation [Re: Incognito]
    #591914 - 03/28/02 03:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

super cool thnx.

how long does it take before colonised substrate becomes useable nutrients to the mycelia? honey water?

--------------------
To make a contribution to the Society for Restructuring Your Lives please contact me. We accept contributions of the following types: capital, capital producing systems, information deemed vauable to the society. Please direct all inquiries to me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation