Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Here is a Buritto for your Consciousness
    #3704192 - 01/30/05 10:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ok so according to the AZTEC calendar(a complex series of time-energy realtionships and fluctuations that have been mapped out into a series of tribes, kin, counts, spells, ectc.) on thursday we entered into the wavespell of the Blue Magnetic Night. This means that for the next 13 days that our intuituon will be in charge for a little bit. it will be heightened, and evidence of this will be more clarity with dreams, or more lucid dreams during this time period.
whats cool about it is on friday night i lost some 5x salvia extract(searched fucking EVERYWHERE FOR IT) that same night i had a dream that i had found it(dont know how, i just had it in my posession) and today, sunday, i looked in my car inside the seats and there it was, my half gram of 5x. munch on that. :muppet:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Here is a Buritto for your Consciousness [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #3704453 - 01/30/05 11:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The Aztecs promoted human sacrifice, were hated by all of their neighbors, were led by a bloodthirsty tyrannical priesthood, and punished public intoxication with death. So, I guess they knew it all concerning spiritual matters? Your interpretation of their calendar is a little new agey and historically flawed as well.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisibledeep_umbra
Stranger
Re: Here is a Buritto for your Consciousness [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3704667 - 01/30/05 11:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You're only upto the Blue Magnetic night wavespell? I'm already at level 98 and I didnt even cheat!

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

#3709809 - 01/31/05 09:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
The Aztecs promoted human sacrifice, were hated by all of their neighbors, were led by a bloodthirsty tyrannical priesthood, and punished public intoxication with death. So, I guess they knew it all concerning spiritual matters? Your interpretation of their calendar is a little new agey and historically flawed as well.

You forgot to mention that the Aztecs were OBSESSED with keeping time
and keeping track of celestial events (some which they predicted thousands of years later with acuraccy to the hour) and that our Roman Calendar, with its unequal days in its months, and leap years and whatnot is a bit screwey. im not going to sit here and Blab to you the countless benefits of switching to the aztec calendar(tortuga.com can do that for me :wink: ) but i will say this:
The 13 Months of 28-days is not a new agey idea. The Druids kept a "tree" calendar, a count of 13 moons of 28 days each, plus one day. The Incans, Mayans, ancient Egyptians, Polynesians, and the Lakota peoples also used a 28-day count.
they all seem like pretty spiritual peoples to me. and in my last post i wasnt trying for historical accuracy or new-ageyness i was just sharing the experience i had(which could have been entirely coincidental) in interpreting the calender and the good fortune that followed my awareness of my intuition heightening. Time is a rythm, and a cycle, not some mechanichal linear function as i used to understand it. much love.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3709848 - 01/31/05 09:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The Aztecs had a very good system of keeping time, no doubt, but making assumptions about their magical traditions are only assumptions. Your speculations on the Druids are also only assumptions. In truth little survived of the Druids beyond the name.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3709875 - 01/31/05 09:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Stone Henge?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Here is a Buritto for your Consciousness [Re: shroomydan]
    #3709913 - 01/31/05 10:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Stonehenge is a late stone age/early bronze age construction predating Druids. It is between 3000 - 5000 years old.

--------------------

Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

Re: Here is a Buritto for your Consciousness [Re: shroomydan]
    #3709929 - 01/31/05 10:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I believe the druids got sloppy seconds on stonehenge.

--------------------
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

#3709943 - 01/31/05 10:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
The Aztecs had a very good system of keeping time, no doubt, but making assumptions about their magical traditions are only assumptions. Your speculations on the Druids are also only assumptions. In truth little survived of the Druids beyond the name.

whose making assumptions, im just reading the calendar. Of course, there is little archaelogical evidence they did keep a moon calendar, only Roman record. It is fact that Druid and Celtic tradition have survived somewhat up unto this day. Look at Samhain for example. the druid holy days can be calculated within a 28 day 13 month lunar calendar. makes sense to me. and i dont assume. it was your assumption that i was assuming. lets not assume, it makes an ASS out of U and ME :smirk: much love.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3709968 - 01/31/05 10:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

"It is fact that Druid and Celtic tradition have survived somewhat up unto this day"
The neo-pagan movement is a modern construction based on assumptions about the Druids intended to capture the spirit of Celtic paganism. No Druidic tradition survives. The Romans left a few references to them and the people themselves left only a collection of colorful myths. By the way have you read "The Mabinogion"?

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

#3710036 - 01/31/05 10:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I didnt know Samhain was Neo-Pagan. i must have been mistaken. whats "the mabinogion"? sounds like a tasty read.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3710469 - 01/31/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Samhain is not, of course, neo-pagan, and it's practice was recorded in the history of the early middle ages, and while we do know some facts about the Celts, their religion did not survive wholly intact. That is why I consider any definitive statements about the Druids to be speculative. Most of the neo-pagan literature is historically inaccurate or fabricated.
The Mabinogion is THE ancient book of Celtic myth. The stories of the ancient Welsh gods were here recorded as well as the tales that many hundreds of years later became the Arthurian cycle. This was the core of the Celtic religion, but sadly only the myths and not the religious traditions were recorded here. It could be said to be comparable to the Norse Elder Edda or the Christian Bible. My daughter, Olwen, was named after a character from that book who's father was a mean and angry giant. This, originally, oral tradition was set down by Christian monks in the 4th century. Another book you may like is "The Quest for Merlin" by Nikolai Tolstoy. Tolstoy, a historian, examines the Merlin myth and details much of what is known now about the Druids. On a side note, Nikolai Tolstoy's grandfather wrote a little known book that achieved some fleeting popularity. It was called "War and Peace".
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/mab/
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...nce&s=books

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #3710821 - 02/01/05 12:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

im going to go and find an unfortunate to have my way with and sacrafice, see you all later.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology