Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
do psychics exist from your point of view
    #3702179 - 01/30/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i do believe they are real base on my experience.i myself have seen things come to past that Ive seen years before they happened.here's another story of mine.

once when i was young during a long dark cold winter. my brother and i went to knock on the neighbors door because we were bored.we wanted to start up a conversation.after we initiated the talk she said you didn't come here to talk about that.now why did you come here? we said well we were bored and wanted something to do.she said you have friends just down the road on there way.no more than five minutes later friends showed up.

how did she know that. this women was 50 at the time and i was about 15.and she is notorious for being weird.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: do psychics exist from your point of view [Re: Cosm]
    #3702209 - 01/30/05 12:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

lots of charlattans
some real ones.
lots of regular people are but don't know it - it's that subtle

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3702377 - 01/30/05 01:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

All charlatans. Every time they are tested, they fail miserably. If their "powers" cannot be demonstrably repeated, then how is that any different than a guess?

Ask me to pick a card that you are thinking of. I say "nine of spades" and that is exactly the card you are thinking of. "Wow, that Swami guy must be psychic," you say. Then you get a friend to witness and we repeat and I miss the next 70 tries. "Well, I was pyschic on the first try," I explain. "Besides, I am not 100% accurate - especially if skeptics are present."

Sound silly? I hear those types of excuses all the time.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: do psychics exist from your point of view [Re: Swami]
    #3703120 - 01/30/05 05:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think psychics exist in the form that you're talking about. Like..guessing cards and reading minds and shit. More like..just having good people sense. Reading somebody. That's the kind of psychics that are real.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: do psychics exist from your point of view [Re: freddurgan]
    #3703240 - 01/30/05 05:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I believe that psychic tendancies exist in us all. I also believe that it is not a provable tendancy due to it's intermittant qualities.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3703433 - 01/30/05 06:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't personally beleive in them but I have not closed my mind to the possibility. Probabaly the most well known psychic living today would be Sylvia Brown who has appeared on the Montell Williams talk show innumerable times and never ceases to amaze the audience (or so it appears). I however have read one of her books and I think she's a complete kook (is that even a word?/ Oh well it is now). Nevertheless, I have to believe that it is at least possible due to things I've experienced in my life as well.

I once dreamt that I was talking on the phone to my old high school sweetheart whom I hadn't seen in about 3 years. In the dream she said, "I'll see you in an hour and fourty-five minutes" then hung up the phone. Immediately, I woke up. I didn't pay any attention to the dream but noted the time on the alarm clock as we do everyday when we wake up. I showered and headed off to the mall to get some shopping done.

As I drove down the highway, I got a very eerie feeling in my gut as I looked at this car in my rearview that was creeping up on me. There was nothing particularly eerie about the car and I had never seen it before. The closer it got the wierder I felt. Finally I slowed down a bit and allowed it to pass on my left side. As it did so I looked over and the girl I had dreamt about was riding in the passenger seat. She saw me and threw up her hand in immediate recognition. I returned the wave with a smile and they sped along on thier way.

I thought "Wow, I just dreamt about her last night" and then it hit me and I looked down at the time that displayed on the face of the car stero. It was exactly 1 hour 45 minutes from the time I had woken up. I felt light headed and weak in the knees as if all the blood had just left my upper hemisphere and went to reside in my feet. I went immediately pale and for a moment thought I might pass out. I had to pull off to the side of the road for a few moments to collect my thoughts.

What are the odds that I would see her that day, at that exact time? My experience of that such profound consequence makes it impossible for me to say that psychics cannot exist in this world. I am a huge skeptic and have never met or heard of any psychic that has convinced me that they are truly what they claim to be but still the possibility certainly exists.

--------------------

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Re: do psychics exist from your point of view [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3703532 - 01/30/05 06:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

id didnt make clear that i wasnt refering to those psychic hotlines.that make money on using there gift if its real.ive never called one nor ill i ever.

my own intuition is all i need.

Offlinetrinity7
Qie Lan
Loc: Wide open space
    #3703817 - 01/30/05 07:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I do believe.
Oh, i should mention that it`s late and I?m watching X-Men on TV.
But yes, I even believe during daytime.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: do psychics exist from your point of view [Re: Swami]
    #3703951 - 01/30/05 07:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:"Besides, I am not 100% accurate - especially if skeptics are present."

Sound silly? I hear those types of excuses all the time.

For my shamanistic/magic views, belief is in important factor.  Firstly, I have to have full confidence or my chances of success in whatever endeavor are greatly lessoned.  And then it sort of works like a local-area-karma thing but with respect to belief...  If I'm surrounded by a bunch of people who BELIEVE whatever is supposed to happen will happen, then my chances of success go UP, whereas if I am surrounded by people who totally DISBELIEVE whatever is supposed to happen won't happen, my chances are lessoned...  But it goes right back to the initial belief thing which is inside of you.  Each person is using THEIR belief to influence the situation with THEIR psychic abilities, whether they realize it or not; by simply BELIEVING to DISBELIEVE whatever will happen, you are exerting your psychic powers/will/whatever...  It comes up then as a sort of percentage of the total belief whole.  I, in a different sense, believe magic was once completely real and very powerful because ALMOST EVERYONE believed it was - a massive outpouring of psychic energy and wills to create the magic in the first place.  As the world grew older, less people believed and magic got weaker, till we are at the stage we are now where most people can [barely] accomplish simple parlor tricks and short-range premonition...

On the other hand, I'm also willing to look at it from a more scientific perspective and say that if a group of ALL believers believes something will happen, their minds will make the connections to see success because that's what they desired, and likewise for the reverse.

Meh :smile:

I've never really tried expressing my beliefs, so I apologize if I was horrible :o

--------------------
delta9

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: do psychics exist from your point of view [Re: delta9]
    #3704731 - 01/30/05 10:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No, I understood it quite well. It's kind of like the 'voodoo phenomenon' you hear about. Where someone believes so strongly in voodoo that if a "voodoo witchdoctor" (or whatever you call those guys), tells this person they have put a hex on them, then the person's own will manifests illnesses upon themselves. Point being that the power of human will is a strong force, much stronger than most think, anyways. Or so that's what the Discover channel says, hehe.

--------------------

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Re: do psychics exist from your point of view [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3705158 - 01/30/05 11:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

cool discovery had a show about will power

InvisiblePaou
Seeker

Loc: Transcendence
    #3705199 - 01/30/05 11:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think some people have a very strong intuition, or can detect the pheramones given off by people more easily than others. In some sense, this could be considered psychic. Beyond that, I'm skeptical.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: do psychics exist from your point of view [Re: Paou]
    #3705437 - 01/31/05 12:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

IMO, it's just as far fetched to think that the human brain can detect another persons pheramones via the olfactory glands then in turn interperet these pheramones in some subconscious pheramone equation as containing some sort of relevant information that has bearing on the future outcome of a given situation.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom