Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemaluut
Stranger
What are the chances of a bad acid trip?
    #3699511 - 01/29/05 06:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey

Recently I was able to purchase acid in Sugarcube form, and I have a few questions before I embark on the trip.

1. How do I take it? The Sugarcubes are wrapped in tinfoil, and I was instructed to keep the tinfoil in my mouth... do I not unwrap it and will it just dissolve with by the temperture in my mouth?

2. What are the chances of having a bad trip if you dont have a history of mental illness, and would describe yourself as being mentally stable and healthy.

3. I've been reading thru the site, and erowid, and others, and havent found anything bad about after effects, besides flashbacks. How common are they? And would you get them if you had a good experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? [Re: maluut]
    #3699537 - 01/29/05 06:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It is impossible to predict whether or not a psychedelic experience will be qualifiably 'good' or 'bad'. Although many agree that there is no such thing as a 'bad' trip.

There are various things you can do to try to create a good atmosphere for a good trip, most notably having a good set and setting.

Have you tripped on anything before? How about smoked pot? If you've never had any sort of psychedelic experience before, it can sometimes be scary.

Lastly, that tinfoil thing sounds kind of odd. I would just unwrap it once you're ready and let the sugarcube melt in your mouth, not with the tinfoil. If you are really worried about it, you could just lick the foil.

People will probably post with some good suggestions too.

Other than that, good luck and good tripping! :sun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinemaluut
Stranger
Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? [Re: dblaney]
    #3699569 - 01/29/05 07:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, I've been smoking weed for quite a long time and am well experienced and used to its effects. I've never tripped on mushrooms or any other psychedelic than marijuanna.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3699584 - 01/29/05 07:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If it's not too hefty a dose of LSD, you should be just fine. I would strongly recommend having a trip sitter, however.

:sun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinemaluut
Stranger
Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? [Re: dblaney]
    #3699590 - 01/29/05 07:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A few friends of mine will be here with me in my home. Should be a comfortable setting.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3699591 - 01/29/05 07:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

'Flashbacks' only really occur if you have a traumatic experience.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3699609 - 01/29/05 07:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You'll be fine, just go into it with a positive mindset, and remember to go with the flow. It WILL wear off....no matter how high you fly. It's normal to be nervous......but trust me, you're going to have what will most likely be one of the greatest, if not the greatest experience in your life. As far as taking goes... suck on the sugarcube until it melts away, and lick the shit out of the side of the foil that touched the cube. Happy trails....peace and good vibes to ya.  :tongue2: :sun: :peace:

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3699819 - 01/29/05 07:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The chances of you having a bad trip are slim. If you're taking 1 hit, you're reasonably healthy (mentally), you are with friends (who themselves are not likely to freak out if they are tripping), you're in a safe environment (your home), and you are as prepared as you can be to take the plunge, you should be in good shape. There is a certain segment of the population who just shouldn't take hallucinogens, because, for whatever reason, they cannot process the experience without freaking out. Fortunately, that segment is very small; otherwise, hallucinogens like LSD wouldn't be so widely used.

In my experience, you will feel pretty funny the next day. (fried) That feeling will dissipate substantially in the next few days and weeks, though it probably won't be %100 gone. Hopefully, the experience itself will be powerful enough to cause a lasting change in your perception of reality. Any anxiety you might be feeling beforehand is normal, though it's best not to ruminate on "what if?"-type questions.

Have fun!

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3699952 - 01/29/05 08:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't feel fried the next day.....but I'm still spacey and have a mild body high.  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3700106 - 01/29/05 09:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, I suppose "fried" better describes the day after a heavy dose.  :tongue:

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3700159 - 01/29/05 09:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah....I think we're talking about the same feeling, just using different descriptions. Does everything seem really surreal the next day for you? I almost always feel like i'm in a dream the next day.  :lol: One time I had to work during this, and every so often i'd start tripping mildly again. This would only last a minute or so and happened sporadically, up to almost 30 hours after ingestion.  :lol: :tripping: :weirdeyes: Good times......

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3700275 - 01/29/05 10:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

25 or 6 to 4.

Should i wait or eat some more?

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineDeviate
Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? [Re: baraka]
    #3700319 - 01/29/05 10:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"most always feel like i'm in a dream the next day."

i feel like i'm in a dream all the time. i wonder what LSD would do to me.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3706250 - 01/31/05 03:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

1. "How do I take it? The Sugarcubes are wrapped in tinfoil, and I was instructed to keep the tinfoil in my mouth... do I not unwrap it and will it just dissolve with by the temperture in my mouth?"

Umm well what I would do is just dissolve up the sugar cubes in my mouth (without the foil..) and consume them, and then I would lick the foil :wink:

2. "What are the chances of having a bad trip if you dont have a history of mental illness, and would describe yourself as being mentally stable and healthy."

It is different for everybody. I would say though that the more worried you are about having a bad trip, the greater your chance of doing so would be. Relax you'll be fine, even if the trip doesn't go so well you'll look back in the future and go "WOW that was a very interesting experience!"

3. "I've been reading thru the site, and erowid, and others, and havent found anything bad about after effects, besides flashbacks. How common are they? And would you get them if you had a good experience?"

I've dont plenty of lsd in the past and would say I'm still not quite sure what "flashback" means. For every intense experience I've had in my life, whenever I revisit it in my mind it is very vivid.... Drug experiences can be the same way.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? [Re: Strumpling]
    #3707023 - 01/31/05 10:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Worrying about having a bad trip is a good way to increase the
chances of having a bad trip. If the suggestion is in your mind, then
you're likely to follow it. Just let it wash over you and try not to think
about anything in particular.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3708181 - 01/31/05 03:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I would take the foil off and let it dissolve under my tongue, best way to take it and have it start working quickly :smile:

The only way to have a bad trip is to actually have something bad happen to you while you're tripping (never good, but you'll be fine), or to freak out because you feel so funny. If you relax and go with it, rembering that it's all in your head, enjoy the crazy feelings and have a great time!

You sound like a good healthy person, who when in a familiar environment with at least one sitter should have an amazing trip. I wish you the best! You have to be an unbalanced person or take LOTS of acid before you can have flashbacks, no worries :smile:

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3711223 - 02/01/05 12:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wanna say some things I've noticed about flashbacks...There's probably two ways to describe "flashbacks" -- I've experienced flashbacks without ever having a bad trip on acid. I would call these flashbacks "deja vu flashbacks", meaning I experienced flashbacks in places where I had previously been while tripping heavily (like my living room in my old house for instance). Sometimes I would briefly hallucinate a bit during these deja vu flashbacks (mostly 'waves', or similar 'breathing' effects in the floor and walls), but it was never a problem for me. If a sense of deja vu bothers you (like it makes many nervous, even people who've never done LSD), then it could be a problem for you like it was for a while for one of my better friends.

The second type of flashbacks are going to be like the PTSD or post-traumatic stress disorder which would likely come from VERY bad trips. I've never known someone who this has happened to, even among the very heavy users I've known. I've known people who've done a fair amount of acid and never mentioned deja vu type flashbacks, and I've known a few people who have done heavy amounts of acid and have had bad trips and never mentioned anything more than these deja vu flashbacks as I like to call them.

The advice people are giving sounds like good advice... the likeliness of you having a bad trip is probably going to be proportional to the amount of time you worry about having a bad trip. Environmment and the people around you are key as well.. be comfortable, and don't keep assholes around.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? [Re: lackobreath]
    #3711236 - 02/01/05 12:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Whether your trip goes good or bad, it depends entirely on your attitude going into the trip. If you are nervous and apprehensive(sp?), chances are you'll have a bad trip. If you are happy to be dropping some acid and you can't wait for it to kick in, you'll good trip.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3712208 - 02/01/05 07:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

1)
yeah, you can pop it in your mouth...
or dissolve it in a glass of distilled water...
or even in a cuppa tea or coffee (not too darned hot, mmmmkay?)(oh, and it never hurts to lick the inside of the foil, just in case a drop splashed or partly rubbed off of the sugar cube :wink: ...)

2)
there's lies, damned lies, and statistics...
research shows that the possibility of long-lasting deleterious psychological effects from a "neutral" psychedelic trip are about 3 in 1000 - roughly the same rate as deleterious effects from entering into a regimen of psychoanalysis (!?!?)
(as for the term "neutral" --- well, consider the incidence of bad after-effects from "negative" (as in being dosed without yr knowledge or informed consent, or people purposely fukn with yr head big-time, or even dosing in the wrong set&setting, etc.) trips is prolly gonna be a li'l higher than "neutral" (tripping in a secure place with nobody to bug you) or "positive" (planned or purposely "spiritual", etc.) trips

3)
"flashbacks" (as opposed to HPPD) - well, there prolly is some sort of relationship between psychedelics  use & flashbacks & HPPD...
but "research shows" with careful questioning, that drug-naive populations do indeed have experiences indistinguishable from "flashback experiences" reported in the drug-exxperienced population...
so - do drugs cause flashbacks?
my explanation is that often times drug usage (especially "true psychedelics", whatever that means) can sorta "lower the threshold" for noticing these spontaneous ASCs, so where a person who has never tripped would say " i musta been daydreaming for a minute there" the "experienced head" would say "whoa, dude, a free trip --- far out, man!"
:wink:
(& there may be a relationship between how much & how often & how recently you've tripped & how low that "novelty threshold index" is set in your little  ol' CNS...)

but, this in onliest my pet theory - or perhaps a metaphor - but then, everything is a metaphor, innit?
ymmv...

(heh, has anybody read alan ginburg's hilarious poem "research shows" ? ---> find a copy & read it, it's too funny...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: What are the chances of a bad acid trip? *DELETED* [Re: maluut]
    #3712352 - 02/01/05 08:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by BanJankri

Reason for deletion: delete

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder