Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms
    #1784199 - 08/06/03 06:27 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey wassup,
First off i want to let everyone know i never had a psycadelic expierience before because i never saw myself ready to face my uncounciance and fears, Mostly due to the "Bad Trip" Histeria associated mostly with Acid, wich was what i seen most of my firends on. I heard Shrooms barely brought on bad trips though, and after a good dosage of Bill Hicks comedy, extensive reading on the subject and my desire to learn more of human nature and its belives,(i seriously belive half the Bible was writen under the influence of Psycadelics) I saw myself ready to try a shorter lived and more natural Psycadelic.

I've been smoking pot for quite some time, and in my highschool years tried alot of other drugs that i felt were worthless (coke, pills PCP ect.) And marijuana has been my favorite so far because i feel i can go deeper into the truth about the world, Mushrooms seem like the next step in the latter.

So now that i got that out of the way (sorry, my list of intelectual friends is kinda short, not alot of people understand my drug experimentation puposes, lol) I noticed that bout 97% of the little "bad trips" stories i ve heard included Pot thrown into the mixture, and when i smoke a substantial amount of pot i do get somewhat paranoid (never really anxious) And i think Shrooms could put this Paranoia on a magnifying glass, so i plan to take Shrooms alone (i also want to tell apart the highs) In the other hand some people say its calmed them down. So i wanted to know peoples opinions and experiences with the whole mixing thing.

Also, is weight a factor when considering dosage, lets say your about 250lbs.?
Thank you for reading this far down, lol

--------------------

Edited by Spokesman (08/06/03 07:34 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms [Re: Spokesman]
    #1784272 - 08/06/03 07:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I always mix weed and shrooms for me its a great combination. However I didn't smoke on my first shroom experince, as usual I jumped into the deep end and took a huge dose and smoking was the last thing on my mind to say the least.
Weed and shrooms dont cause a bad trip, I dont think anything can be considered a cause of bad trips (its a combination of many factors), unless you are already concerned that weed has bad effects on you. I would recommend trying shrooms alone at least once just so you can make your own comparisons... at the end the day each to is own and enjoy the experience

Peace

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1784276 - 08/06/03 07:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

True, When im high and got weed on me, i seem to spot cop cars everywhere, so i dont want to have anything else illegal on me after i take the shrooms so i dont hallucinate that the Police station building is creeping up on me.

How about ones weight, is it a factor in dosage?

--------------------

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms *DELETED* [Re: Spokesman]
    #1784296 - 08/06/03 08:09 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms [Re: poke smot!]
    #1784363 - 08/06/03 09:43 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ones weight is a factor to be considered, there was a thread in which me and boppity were discussing its importance.

Your weight does affect the dosage but that is in the mg/kg sense (That would require precise equipment). In other words if two people, one 145lbs and the other 201lbs, ate exactly the same mushrooms that contained the exact same amounts of active compounds, the lighter of them would have a higher mg/kg ratio.
Therefore, the lighter guy should need less than the heavy guy (in theory).
If you go down to the mg/ml level (bloodstream) though, the way your body metabolises psilocin would also effect the amount.

So in other words weight isn't really a large factor in determining dosage unless in scientific conditions.....

EDIT: But as usual don't give the "lightweight" of the group as much as the huge guy :laugh:

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Edited by st0nedphucker (08/06/03 09:50 AM)

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1784402 - 08/06/03 10:15 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, Makes sense since the Big Guy most likely has a slower metabolism anyway it shouldnt matter as much in the end really. Thanx.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #1784515 - 08/06/03 11:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The only chance you have of having a bad trip on shrooms is the one you think you have. If you can clear your head, whether by meditation or deep thought, you shouldn't have any problems.

Be careful about tripping alone though, some people can't handle it. However, if you're the type of person (which I think you are) that can do deep inside himself and reflect on his thoughts and emotions, then you shouldn't have a problem.

TV and your computer will probably piss you off to no end, so try to find other things to do. Take a walk. Listen to some music. Smoke a blunt. Heh.

But if you're smoking a blunt (for example) in your room, and your parents' room is next to you, don't be surprised if you freak out. Do things smart, do things carefully, and you'll have a great trip. If anything goes sour, change location, change lighting (if you're in the dark your mind may get away from you, so a little light would help you get a grip on reality - well, it does for me if I start to freak out).

It's an amazing thing man, once you have a few trips under your belt, you can manipulate your trip any way you want without fear of freaking out.

Smoking herb will make the trip more intense, settle your stomach if you have any nausea, and make your visuals better. Go for it, but don't go running by the police station holding your bong. If you have to be sneaky about your smoking then you're probably going to get paranoid real bad. Do it in a comfortable place.

One last thing, if you start feeling uneasy, don't try to make the trip go away. Just chill. Because it'll just make matters worse. Relax, realize you put a drug into your body, and when you wakeup in the morning you'll be fine.

Happy tripping..

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1784518 - 08/06/03 11:30 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

start with a low to moderate dose. eat lightly before ingesting, I reccomend having someone with you on your first experience (ideally someone who's had some trips under their belt) weed is good on the come down, have some Bob Marley on hand, and don't forget the orange.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms [Re: soochi]
    #1784558 - 08/06/03 11:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

How hard is it to interact with other people or control yourself on a first trip, on a low or moderate dosage, for example, im going to be in the woods, if my partner starts feeling uncomftorble( i seen one of my friends run out the woods on acid because he said a tree grabbed him, lol) and i need to take him to say the park, Is there a chance we might be notacibly uncontrolable, like laughing at other people because we think they're clowns juggling bannanas?? Just an example.

--------------------

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
    #1784664 - 08/06/03 12:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The reason of the paranoia on weed generally is because of it's illegal where you live. Weed is said to cause asociality. But that's because of the awarenes of the one knowing it's illegal and thinking of the possibilities if he/she gets caught. Think of native Jamaicans (smoking weed is prohibited for tourists in Jamaica because of economical purposes...) or people living in Amsterdam.......

Also, i blieve that one must take shrooms step by step at the beginning. Like 3 gr. first, 5 gr. after, 7 gr. , 10 gr......e.t.c. It also depends on your age. For ex. You are 20 years old. This means your brain is used to receive information on a constant speed from your senses for 20 years. And taking like 10 gr.s at the first experience causes the senses to work unaccustomedly. And sometimes brain can't adapt to it. This causes a similar feeling to schizophreny. If one has his/her first experience on shrooms at his/her 50s with 10 grams, his/her brain will have more difficulty on adapting itself for the new input speed since it's used to the custom speed for 50 years.

It's just like working your muscles...... Slowly increase your dose (depending on the strain, e.t.c.) , and you'll like it.......

Also as a 250lbs person myself, i can say that the dosage differs. You get high due to the ratio of active material in the blood. And you have a little bit more blood flowin'..... :smile: Good Luck!..... :smile:

*and sorry for the grammer....... :smile:

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms [Re: ph_plus]
    #1785107 - 08/06/03 03:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Grammar.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms [Re: Adden]
    #1785879 - 08/06/03 07:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It all depends on your set, setting, and ability to control your mind.  :smile:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms [Re: Sev]
    #1785900 - 08/06/03 07:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Educate yourself well about a substance before engaging in it's properties, there's alot of info here, of course, as well as at www.erowid.org , which is a highly informative site. Familiarize yourself with the concepts of set and setting; go into the experience feeling confident, which educating yourself should provide you with, and positive, not after an argument with someone, for example, things that can leave a negative imprint on your mind as you're beginning an experience. Be in a place that you feel comfortable and safe, not around people you don't normally like being around, and if by yourself, which is sometimes best I feel, just carry in your mind the thought that should some unexpected and unsettling thoughts or feelings develop, that it's just the mushrooms and this will pass in time.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: Chance of Bad Trips on Shrooms [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1786247 - 08/06/03 09:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah ive done extensive reading for days, even have been reading alot of other peoples expirience and on the bad trip stories its ovious to point out the problem, (they are alone, Rainy gloomy day,high dosage first time, dont know what to expect) Im prety much ready, i read so many experiences that i feel as if i triped acouple times already, lol. And from hearing the good experiences i can tell its something i must do and everyone smart should do once in their lifetime, this site has been real helpfull, cant wait to share stories. Thanx

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience