Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGiggly
Stranger
Question
    #363646 - 07/30/01 03:08 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I have a couple of questions:

If you let a shroom grow too long and the cap inverts...does it lose all potency?

Also, Can a spore print go bad?

Thanks

Giggly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Question [Re: Giggly]
    #363649 - 07/30/01 03:15 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

No and yes.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #363654 - 07/30/01 03:17 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

No, the shroom doesn't lose ANY potency after the veil breaks from the stem. The mushroom keeps growing a little as the cap opens but no more psilocybin is produced in this phase of growth.

Yes spore prints can become contaminated. Or if they just get too old, they can be no longer viable.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #363659 - 07/30/01 03:22 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

the fact that they loose potency when the viel brakes isnt true. what i was told was that once the viel brakes the shroom stops making psilocybin and starts concentrating on making spores. that means that the psilocybin that was made before the viel brakes is still in there, but since the shroom grew more and stopped making psilocybin the weight of the shroom to psilocybin is lower. but i come to find that that is just an old wives tale that was made so newbies dont get spores all over there terrarium, and so people would think that the thousands of aborts made on the "magic" pf strain would be more potent than the full grown shrooms. so the answer to youre question is that when the cap inverts it doesnt loose any potency.

i may, fucking drop something natural somewhere and it might grow into another piece of shit like you. i dont recognize any of you fucking people, youre not real, you came out of comic books.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflineVitticeps
journeyman
Re: Question [Re: aluminum_can]
    #363842 - 07/30/01 09:53 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

There is no loss of potency, I agree.  It does not stop producing 'magic', I agree.  But I do believe that once sporulation begins, the relative percentage of psilocin and psilocybin in any new growth is lower.  Either way though, the additional growth does contain more 'magic' and there is no real reason to pick them pre-sporulation.  The biggest disadvantage to allowing them to mature in my opinion is the taste.  A cap that has begun to drop spores tastes bitter as hell.  But I use gelcaps for dosing, that way I don't have to taste them at all.  Also seems that dosing with gelcaps provides a stronger trip than munching whole shrooms.  Probably because the shrooms have been ground to a powder making it easier for my body to assimilate the goodies.

Ok, went a little off topic there. :smile:

-------------------------------------------
Temporary Mycotopia replacement forum:
http://www.vitticeps.f2s.colm
-Vitti

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck