Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineheathadelic

baby with ambition
    #360617 - 07/25/01 09:22 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

hey y'all. i've got this friend of a friend who's a brand new aspiring mycologist. the thing is she's got lots of experience growing things like e. coli, yeast and even animal cell lines and lots of easy access to stuff like autoclaves, sterile hoods, supplies, etc. So, in humble recognition of her newness, she's also quite sure of her impending greatness as a cultivator of magic.
So what kind of tek do you think a new comer with access to all sorts of good lab stuff and tons of experience with sterile technique and dreams of mountains of shroomies should start out with?

Heathadelic

Swing the groove 'round here, so I can reach it -a.d.

--------------------
"...time is not money, time is an opportunity to live before you die."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: baby with ambition [Re: heathadelic]
    #360639 - 07/25/01 10:23 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

The 9er-Tek works well.

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #360808 - 07/25/01 04:12 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, the 9er tec does work well. Here is what my friend has chosen as a growing tec after trying many.

First, PM Ralphster44 and get yourself a $1.00 print on the way. Race is up to his supply and what you want (makes no difference).

Next, get some ORGANIC rye berries. Soak them in water for at least 24 hours. This spawns the spores of the bad guys that are on the rye berries. Then cook the rye berries in boiling water as you would with rice. My friend cooks until nice, tender and plump. This will serve two functions. First it gets the moisture content to the right place (rye has problems with wet spot) and it will help stop the berries from bursting when you pressure cook them. Now, add the cooked rye to your jars, make sure there is no excess water in the berries when you add them. All you need is inside the berries at this point. Make sure you leave room so that you can shake the contents of the jar easily. Pressure cook at 15 PSI for one hour. Let the jars stand for 24 hours.

Now take your freshly acquired spore print from the FSR and in sterile conditions, scrape a bit into each jar. My friend has used syringes as well, but wet spot can cause problems. He likes the print because it does not add any more water. Seal the jars back up and place in dark warm place. Check on the jars in about three days to see if you have any growth. If you do - shake like hell and repeat every other day until fully colonized. If you do not have growth - don't worry, just wait longer and proceed as directed when growth starts. After your jars are 100% colonized, let them have another couple of days to strengthen.

Now it is time to case. As directed by McMan, my friend uses the following casing method. Get a decent size Rubbermaid (12x24x10 works well). Sterilize the container. Then crumble enough of your rye berries into the container to give about three to four inches. Now, cover the substraight with 1" moist Gro-Brick brand coco fiber. This brand comes pre sterilized so all you have to do is add clean water. Now cover your tub with the lid that came with it. Tape the sides of the tub up to the top of the coco fiber. The tape blocks light from entering on the sides and stops pins from forming on the sides of your tub. Electricians or duct tape works well. Make sure light can still get in through the space between the tape and the lid. Place your tub back in the dark warm place for two or three days. By now you should see the mycelium poking through the top of the coco fiber. Place the tub in a cooler (70 degrees or so) spot that is accessible to light. My friend likes sunlight but any light will do. Now, just make sure you have enough moisture. As long as you have water droplets on the sides you are fine. If the sides start to dry, just mist the coco fiber lightly. Also make sure to fan two or three times a day.

This method works very well and very quickly! Enjoy and good luck. Once you get your first batch, then you can use the 9er tec to clone them!

Feel free to PM with any questions.

You suck but your mammas still sweet

Edited by You_Suck on 07/26/01 03:35 PM.

--------------------

Offlineheathadelic

Re: baby with ambition [Re: Anonymous]
    #361246 - 07/26/01 08:50 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, that's a great lot of info. Thanks. Does your friend use quart jars of rye? Is coco fiber something you can get from a garden store? Thanks again, I think I'll go first with the boring ol' reliable PF and then case some of the cakes to try and get the hang of that. I will definitely be using my lab access/ideas to try and isolate some good mycelia. Any more suggestions are more than welcome and i'll keep y'all posted on my progress. Thanks again
Heathadelic

Swing the groove 'round here, so I can reach it -a.d.

--------------------
"...time is not money, time is an opportunity to live before you die."

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #361431 - 07/26/01 02:23 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

My friend just uses 1/2 pints because he has a ton of them, but any will do. Gro-brick brand can be a bit hard to find, but if you just search "Gro-brick" you will find many a place to get it. It is $3.00 for a brick and that is plenty to start with. Your garden shop may have it, but make sure it is the Gro-brick brand. Some other brands have anti fungals in them. This method is just as easy as the PF tec and in fact my friend thinks it is the easiest way he ever tried and it yields more fruit than most the others. If you so choose to go this route, feel free to PM me.

You suck but your mammas still sweet - support the FSR!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag