Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineVirosa
It's Just a Ride

Loc: Georgia (Hate it Here)
With this Precious Tool, I Shall Open My Third Eye (Picture)
    #3604142 - 01/09/05 03:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

While not a user, I still seek the same things that those that use the shroom for artisitc and divine purposes. I do see something very powerful inside the mushroom, and have read so much about it, I think this picture (I am not much of a visual artist, but I gave it my best shot here) truly symbolizes the deeper meaning of the shroom.

"Forbidden Wisdom"

If you want a greater description of what this picture means, pelase request so and I'll be more than happy to. :eyeball:

--------------------
How about a positive drug story?

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness, experiencing itself, subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves...Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

Edited by Virosa (01/09/05 03:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezorchmedia
Waiting for theveil to break
 User Gallery

Re: With this Precious Tool, I Shall Open My Third Eye (Picture) [Re: Virosa]
    #3604517 - 01/09/05 04:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Very original and creative...I noticed that all the shrooms have a heavy lidded waking up look..except for the tallest one...that is fully awake.(no lids)..seems to be a message brewing here.. :smile:

OfflineVirosa
It's Just a Ride

Re: With this Precious Tool, I Shall Open My Third Eye (Picture) [Re: zorchmedia]
    #3604548 - 01/09/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, very observant. And I thought I would have to reveal that fact later on.

--------------------

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness, experiencing itself, subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves...Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3604566 - 01/09/05 05:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

God I love shrooms.

OfflineVirosa
It's Just a Ride

Re: With this Precious Tool, I Shall Open My Third Eye (Picture) [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3604765 - 01/09/05 05:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes...Yes I think we all do, Very wise words. *Awards you a sticker*

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3606466 - 01/10/05 01:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

nice drawing!

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #3606614 - 01/10/05 02:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Great job, I'd love to hear more about your experience to make this, or the experience as a result of this...
I like how all the eyeballs are looking at the big mushroom in the middle... creates a great focus for the piece too.

Welcome to the Shroomery!
Stick around MAL, it's my favorite :wink: And there's a lot of helpful, talented people here.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#3606652 - 01/10/05 02:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Nice pic, though you really don't know shit about shrooms till you do them. No book can accurately depict psilocybin.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3606765 - 01/10/05 04:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Very nice, I didn't even realize that it was on loose leaf at first.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineVirosa
It's Just a Ride

Re: With this Precious Tool, I Shall Open My Third Eye (Picture) [Re: eris]
    #3607921 - 01/10/05 01:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you all very much. And as requested, I will reveal my experience to make this, which actually dates back to early childhood...Anyway, I also realize I don't know shit about psilocybe since I have never experienced it. But I can say that I know a good bit from outside of the sphere. (But on a related note, I have hallucinated...It was fever induced however. But that doesn't even deserve comparison.)

Ah yes, my inspiration? Right, time to mention that...Since the early, innocent age of 7, I've been absolutely astounded by the natural beauty of the mushroom. It's actually quite elegant, and an aura gently echoes off its cap. An aura which holds an unexplainable peace, almost like the caressing hands of mother earth. Mushrooms introduced me to the world of art, all this before I even knew mushrooms containing psilocybin could be used as a "drug". (I can't stand to call them drugs, but unfortunately that's what they technically are.)

In the past year or so, I've been studying hallucinogenic mushrooms, especially experiences with them. Just incredible, and they closely relate to my original understanding as a child.

Not being much of a drawer (Is that a word?), or "visual artist", it pained me to have this thought in my head and not being able to put it on paper. The original idea was to depict mushrooms having the ability to open a new perception. If you pay close attention to the picture, this idea branches off into several other idea which came along while I was under the influence. What was that influence? The engine was that rush of inspiration you get, and you absolutely have to turn those thoughts into something. (Artists know what I'm talking about.) The fuel for the engine was some psychedelic rock I recently picked up. "Space & Time", they don't seem to be very popular.

As my mind was slowly being submerged into these thoughts and meaning, I snapped out of it realizing I was creating the first piece of visual art that didn't suck monkey balls.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the inspiration used to make this image...Maybe it will come again soon, even if I have to force it. *wink wink*

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#3609023 - 01/10/05 05:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Very wise to study the mushroom before you trip. It's the most important part of a hallucinogenic experience.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: With this Precious Tool, I Shall Open My Third Eye (Picture) [Re: Blastrid]
    #3609907 - 01/10/05 08:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This one was also made by someone who hasn't tried mushrooms (my g/f):

There's no need to take psilocibyn to find inspiration :wink:

All in all, good painting. I like it a lot because yesterday I had a similar vision while on 2 grams... You captured the spirit! :laugh:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Re: With this Precious Tool, I Shall Open My Third Eye (Picture) [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3610068 - 01/10/05 09:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I :heart: scratchboard

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

OfflineVirosa
It's Just a Ride

Re: With this Precious Tool, I Shall Open My Third Eye (Picture) [Re: Blastrid]
    #3611519 - 01/11/05 04:55 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That one is very good too, I'm curious what was going through her head on that one.

--------------------

What What?
Male User Gallery
    #3612331 - 01/11/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't really know, she said she was thinking of the things I talk about when I come down... I'll ask her today and tell you

--------------------

OfflineVirosa
It's Just a Ride

Re: With this Precious Tool, I Shall Open My Third Eye (Picture) [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3612973 - 01/11/05 01:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ooo, sounds interesting. Yeah tell more when you find out.

--------------------

What What?
Male User Gallery
    #3617274 - 01/12/05 09:48 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I asked her and she said... to tell you that she was thinking of the man she loves  :shrug:

But another time she said to me that she was thinking of how I speak of one universe where everything is interconected and how it's only in our minds... and the mushroom conscience.... things like that  :hippie:

--------------------

OfflineVirosa
It's Just a Ride

#3618254 - 01/12/05 01:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Haha, I'll take it.  :thumbup:

--------------------

What What?
Male User Gallery
    #3620492 - 01/12/05 08:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh, BTW, look at it upside down :wink:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3631150 - 01/15/05 12:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This is pretty cool....  You have explained what your inspiration was for making this picture, but have not disclosed the "meaning", nor the the ideas that branched off while creating it.... 

My interpretation....
In relation to height, the one with the fully open eye is the tallest one, and could be seen as looking over the rest, without being under the influence....?  I say this because it is the only one that is turned sideways - perhaps to instill the idea of a different perspective of perception...?    Or the one that has seen the "wisdom", and knows what it needs to know - thus would make a perfect "sitter"....    As the other eyes seem to be looking up to either the tall one, or the big shroom in the middle, or perhaps both....?    :smile:

Although that is what I see in it on the surface, I would much rather hear what your designed intent on perception was intended to be....    (and I wonder if I am close to your line of thinking...?)    :smile:

ChoW~,
>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag