Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Is gambling bad for karma?
    #3599165 -

I've been hittin up the casino a lot (and winning) but I was wondering what gambling does spiritually?  Is gambling a sin?  I'm pretty sure it's a vice.  When I win I get a real high, followed by a real low.  It's like when you're in love and then you break up, I just feel really tired and down.  After I get a good night's sleep I'm cool again though.  Anyways I'm just bored as fuck and I was wondering what you hippies think of gambling. :tongue:


--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is gambling bad for karma? [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #3599237 -

Gambling is addiction to greed, its starts off like any addcition, recreational, fun, new, exciting, and pleasant. Its a very subtle thing that creeps up slowly, and before you know it your hooked, broke and desperate. Remeber the law of karma states that all actions multiply!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is gambling bad for karma? [Re: Sinbad]
    #3599279 -

What if I tip the cashier, and bartender and basically anyone I deal with a lot and buy my family presents with the money I win? Then it's not really greedy is it? Also, I don't find it pleasent at all, and not really exciting either. I hate losing almost as much as I hate winning. Its both really depressing. I don't think I can get addicted for that reason alone. I only do it to make money, which so far I have. I don't enjoy watching people shove hundreds of hard earned wages into the machines. It's the slots I'm talking about BTW not blackjack or poker.


--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is gambling bad for karma? [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #3599464 -

Karma isn't sin. Karma is in part a learning process. Greed is good. Part of your karma is to learn to control greed so you lose less and gain more. The odds are against you in a casino. Why don't you invest in stocks? You have better odds in the stock market and you are helping society by providing the funds business needs for investment, which in turn creates jobs and provides goods and services for people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is gambling bad for karma? [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #3599466 -

well you cant really speak of sins and karma in the same thought so... i dont see how gambling could manifest into insta-bad karma, karma is a lifetime to lifetime major thing, like if you just went outside right now and beat the shit out of some old lady walking down the street, and then drug her into your house, bound and gagged her, and had all of your buddies come over and gang rape her, thats pretty likely to give you bad karma.


--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is gambling bad for karma? [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #3599688 -

forget karma. Karma doesnt matter here.
what does matter is partaking in an obviously addictive and financially risky behaviour.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is gambling bad for karma? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3599773 -

i guess it all depends on wether or not you know how to count cards!


--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Screwed Karma
( 1 2 all )
EvilGir 3,896 36 12/08/03 07:33 PM
by Ped
* Why I think "Hell" would really be that bad
( 1 2 all )
SYCOdelik 2,945 26 02/14/04 03:02 PM
by Ped
* Karma comes around, does it?
( 1 2 all )
geokillsA 3,179 27 03/22/02 01:03 PM
by geokills
* Karma...say what? SpecialEd 1,372 12 01/05/04 09:08 PM
by recalcitrant
* lucid dreaming karma Moonshoe 1,148 8 09/08/04 12:27 PM
by Nomad
* Karma
( 1 2 3 all )
shroom_muncher 3,307 50 02/09/04 10:34 PM
by Frog
* Where does karma come from
( 1 2 all )
mntlfngrs 1,285 20 06/21/03 05:54 PM
by Shroomism
* Oh yes baby! karma exists Earth_Droid 709 1 01/27/03 02:58 AM
by EvilGir

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,596 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.