Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
lucid dreaming karma
    #3099633 - 09/06/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

for all you believers in karma, do you think that your actions during dreams and especially lucid dreams have a similar karmic effect as those of waking life? i know certain buddhist traditions feel that when one conciously dreams his actions have a karmic effect.

For example i had a lucid dream last night where i grabbed some girl off her bike, flew way up in the air and then dropped her and watched her splat.

On the one hand its kind of like playing grandtheft auto or something, you know the people your killing arent exactly 'real' but its also probably not good karmically to get kicks from simulated violence either.

What do you guys think?

:smirk:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: lucid dreaming karma [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3099688 - 09/06/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

you should have raped her in the air and then dropped her

woot

but i personally dont think it has any karmic reprecussions cause its all in youre head..you control the dreamworld, its all yours

just like the thoughts running through tyour head.. if there was any reprecussions for thoughts i would have on fucked up life lol

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: lucid dreaming karma [Re: ]
    #3099743 - 09/06/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

lol yeah unfortunatly the people who invented the idea of karma Do think that your thoughts have a karmic effect

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3101330 - 09/06/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jesus said that if you think of a woman sexually, you commit adultery in your mind. Basically, you create your own world and sex her thier and it's still sex and very real in a "sub reality" or "reflection reality".

When you lucid dream, you create your own world which you are God of. When you did that, you really splatted her in your world and there is no getting it back unless you can heal that and resurrect her in the dream. I find it hard to ressurect dammage I do in my mind's world. (if I break a table in half, it takes much concentration to fuse it together again) In your personal world, you actually killed someone and though there are no laws against it it could come back "kharmically."

When God is the spirit of this universe and people get [struck by lightning] don't people blame God and show anger at God (or just the world) sometimes? Where you are God, it is completely possible the other creations in your head will become vigilant toward you in other dreams. You may have a horrible lashback from this. I know that when I attack dream creations they fight back according to my expectations. As long as your conscious substream doesn't get justice against you, you will be fine. Your conscious substream is that little voice behind your voice and you have many behind and next to that voice.

Either you will persecute yourself or nothing will happen. Do you feel like you really killed something or was it real? How does your gut feel? I personally take Jesus's word for it because he could make his "sub reality" and make it the real reality.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3101394 - 09/06/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i must say... karma is all in your head, though it is real, it is only a real illusion.

here is a segment of the psychedelic experiences that touches on this subject rather well.

--
if you are experiencing a vision of judgment and guilt,
Listen carefully:
That you are suffering like this
Is the result of your own mental set.
Your karma.
No one is doing anything to you.
There is nothing to do.
Your own mind is creating the problem.
Accordingly float into meditation.
--

karmic build up is your own guilty conscience.

the fact that you posted this here, to pose the question, and to recieve guidance, shows that it weighs on your mind.

"accordingly float into meditation"

perhaps when you lucid dream you should try dreaming the void?

peace.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: lucid dreaming karma [Re: Todcasil]
    #3101511 - 09/06/04 11:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the fact that you posted this here, to pose the question, and to recieve guidance, shows that it weighs on your mind.

Bingo, and lucid dreaming the void was my first lucid experiance. Try travel too.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: lucid dreaming karma [Re: MAGnum]
    #3101517 - 09/06/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah, your guilty conscience might manifest and attack you, be careful. Don't do shit like that again because the reality you create in your mind can be realer than the real reality around us.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#3107127 - 09/08/04 04:05 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

On the one hand its kind of like playing grandtheft auto or something, you know the people your killing arent exactly 'real' but its also probably not good karmically to get kicks from simulated violence either

No it wouldn't be good "karmically" if you felt that it was wrong, or unbeneficial or somehow malevolent to you or your concsiousness. The effects of perceived negativity or wrong doing will ripen in the mind if fed by your guilt or uneasiness.

And while karma ripens in the mind, the fruit of your karma is realized by your actions and choices. Getting kciks from violence isn't a karmic prblem, nor is murdering someone in a dream or fantasizing about someone else's woman, unless those excercies of consciousness become realized through actions. In other words, karma is a cyclic, two phase process. a feedback loop between the mind and environment.

The fruits of karma also have effects that are twofold. One is the repercussions of our action and being on our world and the other is the effect it has on the ripening of thoughts in our mind. We have control over the process of the development of our thoughts and emotions and thus we have control over our karma. There is no tally of judgement being racked up for or against us except the one we imagine. The real significance of "karma" lies only in our actions. All other notions of karma merely contribute to the ripening of the state of our minds which determines our actions.

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#3107940 - 09/08/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Oh dear. No, you didn't create bad karma.

If your mindstate is that of playing Grand Theft Auto, you do not create more or less bad karma than playing Grand Theft Auto. It is very easy to create good karma in a dream, and extremely hard to create bad one. Part of the reason is that your attachments in a lucid dream are weak, and you can do good deeds without attachment, but you cannot do evil ones.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order