Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Why I think "Hell" would really be that bad [Re: Ped]
    #2334267 - 02/14/04 09:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I realize that my life cannot be compared to that of a starving Ethiopian child, but life is relative, is it not?

Life is still not perfect, if you look at it from the perspective of someone ingrained in the world, who views life in terms of material success.

Life is perfect if you look at it from the perspective of someone who is trying to be spiritual.

I continue to have major struggles, but in spite of the daily adversity that I face, I like this life, and I like the challenges. I like overcoming the challenges. But then, I believe in God, and I think He or someone is keeping an eye on me.

So that is what I mean by "am I living on the same planet". I suppose I'm glad that my life is not filled with ease, based on Ped's discussion, above. But I don't see my life any more as one filled with adversity, either.

Whenever it seems something bad is happening, it turns into good. It's almost entertaining, to watch things go wrong and end up good. Why don't other people see life this way? Why do people see life as hell?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Why I think "Hell" would really be that bad [Re: Frog]
    #2334348 - 02/14/04 10:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

>> Why do people see life as hell?

Some of us find it easy understand that we can transform a difficult experience simply by changing our approach toward that difficult experience. Others are much more grounded in objective experience. A reference can be made to the contemplation of the glass being half full or half empty. Some people have tendencies, or karma, for cynicism, while others have tendencies for optimism.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2334379 - 02/14/04 10:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I read an opinion of Buddhism once that said the ultimate goal is not to ascend to some better place or dimension, or even to return even here, but to turn off all the channels of existence and reside in the space between them, which though semantically equates to a space of nothing, is actually the all- or union with god. So is that why you say that a higher rebirth of bliss is no better than a lower rebirth in hell, because the ultimate goal is to become part of the infinite all, and neither of the aforementioned are a step toward the all?

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why I think "Hell" would really be that bad [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2334580 - 02/14/04 10:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

>> So is that why you say that a higher rebirth of bliss is no better than a lower rebirth in hell, because the ultimate goal is to become part of the infinite all, and neither of the aforementioned are a step toward the all?

Essentially, yes. There are six realms: The hell realm, the hungry ghost realm, the animal realm, the human realm, the realm of warring spirits, and the god-like realm. While the lowest realm, the hell realm, is a place of enormous suffering, the highest realm, the god-like realm, is not favoured because all six realms are part of samsara, the wheel of life. In samsara, there will always be suffering. The ultimate goal is to become free from suffering, which comes with a mind abiding within a realization of the emptiness of the inherent existence of phenomenon.

It's important not to conceive of the emptiness of inherent existence of phenomenon as a sort of void nihilism. That would be in itself an extreme to our current experience, the inherent existence of our environment.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2334616 - 02/14/04 11:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ped: It's important not to conceive of the emptiness of inherent existence of phenomenon as a sort of void nihilism. That would be in itself an extreme to our current experience, the inherent existence of our environment.

Yes. I don't like nihilism. I can't imagine such emptiness. To believe in nihilism is to deny all manners of the universe and our existence. I am not pretending to understand it myself, but I can't deny it. I don't understand the mind-set that believes in nihilism. Practices nihilism???

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Why I think "Hell" would really be that bad [Re: Frog]
    #2334659 - 02/14/04 11:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

People someitmes confuse nihilism with something totally different and completely healthy and often bring themselves into a downward spiral of negativity. When one learns to expirence and stop expecting, he then understands that not much truly matters other than your happiness and the happiness of others.

When you deny the simplicity of everything and begin to complicate matters by division (by race, age, sex, food choices, habits, whatever...), I believe you are emmersing yourself in an illusion. If you emerse yourself in an illusion and find it impossible to accept then the confliction in your mind can be quite hellish.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why I think "Hell" would really be that bad [Re: psyka]
    #2334769 - 02/15/04 12:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wise words. Thank you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]