Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Re: How does one know Syncronicity from Coincidenc [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #347579 - 06/23/01 07:11 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Markos, I didn't mean to offend you in any way, I hope you can believe that. All too many of my friends have completely lost themselves in clever books and complicated rituals (and meditation, alas, can be one of those...). My feeling about you, however, is that you will be alright, because as soon as you see something interesting, I am sure you will stop reading and start looking. Will be a pity, though, to bring so many heavy things and not use them as intented (books, I mean). But, hey, if I am completely mistaken, then I am...

Oneoverzero, why do you want to call me an ignorant cunt? Because of what I say about books? Well, I guess if you call me that, then you will... Some day, when the heavy load of your knowledge collapases under its own weight I hope you will survive its fall to see something that was always lying underneath the heap of junk. If not, I am sorry to say, you will remain insane. For another little bit of time.

There is only one gift of value -- attention.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemr crisper

Re: How does one know Syncronicity from Coincidence? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #347627 - 06/23/01 09:26 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

hi markosthegnostic
may i recommend
bourke`s - scatalogical rites for all nations
as the ultimate travelling companion
have a blast in africa

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
Re: How does one know Syncronicity from Coincidenc [Re: gribochek]
    #347638 - 06/23/01 09:45 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

gibberchick - I'm not talking to you ever again, you've blown it. Adious wannabe...

Get to the Heart of Soul

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
Re: How does one know Syncronicity from Coincidence? [Re: oneoverzero]
    #347855 - 06/24/01 10:52 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Any ability to differentiate synchroncity and coincidence is dependent on the "judging machine" at hand - in this case, the human mind. We ourselves are a part of this equation; is our existence a "coincidence", or a part of a wider blueprint? We are in effect assigning meaning to our own inability to determine meaning. It would be tempting to argue that whatever synchronicities we percieve are neccesesarily misleading...like this: if you are wealthy, then there is a good chance that when you look out your window, you will see other wealthy people...this is an artifact of the neighbourhood you live in, and will tell you little about what goes on outside of that particular neighbourhood. This is an example of the Weak Anthropic Principle at work ie finding synchronicity where you expect to find it...and thats the way it should be. Part of the joy in life is attaching meaning to things that would mean nothing to anyone else. If there was a way that everyone could recognize meaningful synchronicity, and discard mere coincidence, what would be the point?

OfflinePsiPher
Stranger
Re: How does one know Syncronicity from Coincidenc [Re: gribochek]
    #348390 - 06/25/01 03:46 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Dalai Lama says: "Happiness should be simple and uncomplicated."

Synchronicities may just happen 3 times in a person's lifetime. For others it could be more. You know why? First, you could try participating in a Past Life Regression, and you'll get some concrete answers.

For a spiritual Adept, they will receive many synchronicities, because their current karma is changing radically to higher frequencies of energy.

For the normal person, they will receive little due to inherent beliefe system, or it's not their time for their karma to evolved. Or their spiritual development is not mature enough to even recognized synchronized events.

Though, what Dalai Lama says, has a grain of truth in it, but that distinction quickly disappears when you study esoteric physics.

Oneoverzero's
Signal from Noise = Intuitive discernment. If you have inner conflicts and you've lost touch with yourself, it would be difficult to know which is which.

Gribochek's
Comment about rituals. He is right. The Ego persues wealth of any kind, even spiritual wealth. It clouds our judgment and, therefore, blinds us. We end up falling into the same trap again, again, and again.

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Re: How does one know Syncronicity from Coincidenc [Re: oneoverzero]
    #348472 - 06/25/01 07:33 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Bye, oldtimer. Good travels to you.

There is only one gift of value -- attention.

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Re: How does one know Syncronicity from Coincidence? [Re: Pynchon]
    #349008 - 06/25/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Pynchon, for me the differentiation is important - there's already too much information in the world. Are our primitive brains capable of handling a world where cell phones and computers used on the 50th floor of a skyscraper are considered 'normal'? 'Normal' because everyone else is doing it too? In this world we are bombarded by information overload and have forgoten our spiritual roots because we are wrapped up in too much shit all day. Last month the internet contained over 17 times the information held in the Library of Congress - and growing. I think it is important to differentiate the MEANINGFUL from the MEANINGLESS. Another way of saying this is discriminating the VALUABLE from the VALUELESS.

The Native Americans say the voice of the Great Spirit is silence - not at all there is no voice - the voice is SYNCHRONICITY in the midst of coincidences.

This thread has been helpful to me in understanding the original question. I see my own mind connecting itself to the universe around it - that's how it's always been and always will be until I leave this earth.

Get to the Heart of Soul

--------------------

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Re: How does one know Syncronicity from Coincidence? [Re: oneoverzero]
    #349014 - 06/25/01 11:00 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

One more thing... as I sumbitted the above post, I went to take a piss and hear the local university radio station say, "Thank you for listening to this hour of 'Synchronicity' signing off". "Synchonicity" is an alternative music show. See? This happens all the time.

Get to the Heart of Soul

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: How does one know Syncronicity from Coincidence? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #349018 - 06/25/01 11:03 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Has anyone in here ever read Plato's "Protagoras"?

Damn sophists.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom