Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Synchronicity [Re: Icelander]
    #12970342 - 07/29/10 03:02 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That was bad luck, he will probably win the lottery tommorrow and if that's right I will have used up all my predictive luck.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinea711slurpee
[do_Ob]
Female User Gallery

Loc: around
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Diploid]
    #12974146 - 07/29/10 07:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
I just got this from a friend and thought I HAVE to share this with you guys:

Today I went in to the grocery store to do a WU transaction, and before leaving my home I picked a random name and address from the white pages to use for my transaction. I get there, fill out the WU forms etc and hand it to the clerk. After a brief few moments of typing in all the info into the computer, she turns around and says "This can't be your address!" I'm thinking oh shit stay cool..what the hell have I done to blow my cover?

I ask her what the problem is and she says THAT'S HER ADDRESS! She lived in the house that I picked randomly from the phone book! (there are over 120k people in my city, btw). I didn't believe it so she went and pulled out her driver's license and I'll be god damned if the same address wasn't on her ID. I mean wow.. that is definitely among the biggest coincidences I have ever encountered in my life so far. I laughed it off and I think I'm ok as far as getting busted / cover blown there. I told her that I don't like receiving junk mail and I was afraid WU would use my info to spam me.

Is that weird or what?

If it's a good friend you trust... then that is an AWESOME story. I wonder what he will take from it :smile:

--------------------
—every moment of your life is a chance to get it right—

[ I am for mental extensions ]

—always searching for answers—

InvisibleCrumpet
go sranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Synchronicity [Re: a711slurpee]
    #12979609 - 07/31/10 01:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hello people...

What I'd like to say about synchronicity would almost certainly strengthen the beliefs of those who say anybody who reads to much into it is on prime grounds for going mental.

When i started actually noticing these things it was the night of my first trip.

I notice it every day mostly, but it drives me mad, unless im in nature for some reason.

The first thing i noticed when i took my first trip was that the music on the radio seemed to be matching up with what i was thinking about in some weird way, although i was not thinking of anything that had anything to do with what the song was about. seemingly.

One other time. I had not smoked cannabis for about a month so my tolerance was way down. I sat next to a lake in Canberra's city and smoked a couple of pipes. I had my ipod on shuffle and a song by thom york came on called black swan, i was walking across a bridge when i looked up and saw a black swan flying over directly above my head. Some time later i was in a book shop browsing, and i noticed a book called black swan. It's about unpredictable random events that take place and have significant impact...

One other, which i just remembered earlier today is. When i was at work one time there was this chick i couldn't stop thinking about all day. Then when i went out to do a delivery on my way home from work, i pulled in at the address i had to be at, and then the chick i was thinking about literally all day just walked out of a house across the road and into the house next to it. Crazy shit i thought to myself, like i had manifested a chance to tune this chick up just by thinking about her...

What i wanna know is, are there more people noticing synchronicity than before...  I read somewhere that we are living in a time where karmic consequences are occurring more frequently than ever before, and nothing will miss out on getting manifested if you spend enough time thinking about it.

peace

--------------------
Ronda Nina...

Offlinea711slurpee
[do_Ob]
Female User Gallery

Loc: around
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Crumpet]
    #12980532 - 07/31/10 10:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have also read stuff about a growing of energy, karmic incidences, etc. I am not sure if I've been noticing more than usual, because I have noticed for so long it just seems that it's always a lot -- usually it's little things I notice, and then the occasional big thing (like your story about the girl you were thinking about). I agree with your idea, and perhaps more people are just taking the time to observe the world around them more (wouldn't that be nice), and that it is actually a shifting in consciousness that we are making -- meaning that the coincidences aren't happening more frequently (they were always happening) but that more people are becoming open to synchronicity and are starting to experience it for themselves more and more frequently.

--------------------
—every moment of your life is a chance to get it right—

[ I am for mental extensions ]

—always searching for answers—

Edited by a711slurpee (07/31/10 10:23 AM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Fry] * 1
    #12983375 - 07/31/10 11:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you have any respect for Jung at all, it's probably because you haven't understood a single thing he was saying.
The universe is not a machine, and every phenomenon is not quantifiable. Scientific methodology becomes a crutch for those who are easily overwhelmed by the immensity of life's Mysteries. Such people do not understand that the lawfulness of physics evolved from a chaotic, purely energetic reality, which in turn emerged from a Causative condition that transcends the effect. They certainly fail to see that Consciousness transcends the machinations and theories which occur TO Consciousness. Jung postulated with Pauli that Consciousness and space-time were co-extensive. This means that the universe is not merely material but carries the Transcendent whence it emerged. Finite mind and its machinations cannot encompass infinity or eternity. Maybe scientific positivists with 19th century models need to leave psychedelics and this forum. They obviously cannot handle the further implications of pure Intuition, Transcendence, or even the power of Imagination.

Synchronicity has been my own "manna from heaven," for decades. It has shown me a higher implicate order than the explicate order that most weakly intuitive people are trapped in.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicate_order

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order