Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I keep relapsing on the ciggs.
    #3448494 -

I quit smoking several months ago (for about the 10th time), but this week I started again. I hate smoking and I hate what it does to me, but I can't seem to stay off of the ciggs. I'm going to quit again, but does anyone have any advice about how I can quit for good?


--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I keep relapsing on the ciggs. [Re: z@z.com]
    #3448982 -

If you really want to you can quit.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I keep relapsing on the ciggs. [Re: barfightlard]
    #3449008 -

For me, it's been a very gradual and slow process, cold turkey is out of the question. I was at a pack a day this time last year, now I only smoke on heavy night of drinking, or the occasional after sex smoke, but a pack will last me about a month now..I just finished my last one a couple weeks ago and haven't bought any since, don't know if I will or not. It's a great feeling to not get cravings 18 times a day..I still get them once or twice a day, but I can handle it. Don't give up man, set limits for yourself. Start rationing your smokes, and bumming to other people helps too. Tell yourself from now on you will have no more than eight a day, then a month later five a day, and another month later 3, or however you want to step down. Make sure you are clear and honest with yourself about what your goals are. You can do it..it sucks, but it can be done. Also, try to hang around friends that don't smoke if you have any. Going out to the bars or something was the hardest part, I still can't hold off on those nights, but taking yourself out of that environment helps immensly. Good luck! Quitting is an extremely healthy decision, don't give up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Please help! Need to stop smoking cigarettes! hybrIdlumm0x 3,985 14 09/25/03 07:03 AM
by Ripple
* quit smoking ciggs and bud kaiowas 1,406 9 11/08/03 09:02 AM
by CeeEssGee
* Smoking too much :( daba 1,861 11 07/05/03 12:07 AM
by EgoMagickian
* Smoking too much...
( 1 2 all )
Meph 5,842 24 08/09/03 05:04 PM
by Grav
* How in the hell do i stop freaking smoking
( 1 2 all )
MollyDolly 4,077 23 04/16/04 10:50 AM
by MollyDolly
* Quitting smoking, oooooh aaaaah!! Breathe in, breathe out...
( 1 2 3 all )
Lightningfractal 7,130 46 12/28/04 07:21 PM
by roselyn
* Quitting Smoking Cigs *DELETED* supernaut 3,294 18 03/12/04 11:56 AM
by MycoFactory
* QUIT SMOKING WHILE YOU SMOKE shannelyssa 1,434 6 11/05/04 12:51 PM
by Tasty_Smurf_House

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
564 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.