Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
I keep relapsing on the ciggs.
    #3448494 - 12/05/04 02:42 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

I quit smoking several months ago (for about the 10th time), but this week I started again. I hate smoking and I hate what it does to me, but I can't seem to stay off of the ciggs. I'm going to quit again, but does anyone have any advice about how I can quit for good?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: I keep relapsing on the ciggs. [Re: z@z.com]
    #3448982 - 12/05/04 07:43 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

If you really want to you can quit.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: I keep relapsing on the ciggs. [Re: barfightlard]
    #3449008 - 12/05/04 08:12 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

For me, it's been a very gradual and slow process, cold turkey is out of the question. I was at a pack a day this time last year, now I only smoke on heavy night of drinking, or the occasional after sex smoke, but a pack will last me about a month now..I just finished my last one a couple weeks ago and haven't bought any since, don't know if I will or not. It's a great feeling to not get cravings 18 times a day..I still get them once or twice a day, but I can handle it. Don't give up man, set limits for yourself. Start rationing your smokes, and bumming to other people helps too. Tell yourself from now on you will have no more than eight a day, then a month later five a day, and another month later 3, or however you want to step down. Make sure you are clear and honest with yourself about what your goals are. You can do it..it sucks, but it can be done. Also, try to hang around friends that don't smoke if you have any. Going out to the bars or something was the hardest part, I still can't hold off on those nights, but taking yourself out of that environment helps immensly. Good luck! Quitting is an extremely healthy decision, don't give up.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being