Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Past Consciousness
    #3344490 - 11/11/04 01:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hypothetically, say consciousness is never created or destroyed, but just changed, like matter and energy.

If all consciousness is one, just like matter and energy before the Big Bang (and currently is still one I'd think, even if illusions make it seem separate,) then consciousness is rather funneled through vessels (life) like a stream is funneled through a watermill. After the funneling of consciousness has served its purpose it rejoins into the river and continues to unite with all water in the ocean.

Now the water looks back, its illusion of separateness from the ocean gone, and sees that it wasn't only that stream it had gone through, it had gone through every single stream that will eventually rejoin the ocean, as all water melds into one

Perhaps the consciousness currently occupying all life was used simultaneously before in every living thing. All life with consciousness inside of it, all plants and animals, have the memory of all life that has gone before it, and is currently only separated from all other life by the lack of sight that it will rejoin the ocean, the unified consciousness of everything, right around the corner.

I would go even further to say, like the Buddhists have said, that all matter and energy is itself condensed consciousness, that consciousness is the highest form of existence and all the consciousness inside us then has experienced, is experiencing and will experience all existence itself, but this requires individual belief, just as all else I have said.

This would mean, after say I die, my consciousness would meld into the "ocean" and if it looked back, it would not see this life I am living now. It would see every existence that is now. The act of the future changes the present by ridding the illusions that we are separate

This is all just heresy though

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Edited by Ravus (11/11/04 02:46 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Past Consciousness [Re: Ravus]
    #3344537 - 11/11/04 01:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Good. Now all you have to do is internalize it. That should only take another 68,000,000,000,000 life times of suffering and confusion. Or just one. You decide.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Past Consciousness [Re: Ped]
    #3344634 - 11/11/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Or you can do it in a moment when you realise that the drop of ocean water is made of the same stuff as the water in the ocean is. You don't have to return to the ocean to be the ocean, you already are and always have been.

You can take a drop out of the ocean but you can't take the ocean out of the drop. It already is internalised. Thats all that has to be realised.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Past Consciousness [Re: Ped]
    #3344645 - 11/11/04 01:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Seeing as the earth and the sun won't be around for another 68,000,000,000,000 life times, what would we become when all earthly life has died out? An alien, or perhaps atoms, or a mountain even?

Does the consciousness of atoms feel pain and suffering? It seems a trick of the ego

The uncontrived internalization cannot be planned within lifetimes though. Perhaps there is a reason consciousness joins the streams over and over, as the water evaporating and raining down on the mountains. Perhaps existence itself is reliant on consciousness pushing the watermills, else everything would stop and go into nonexistence. If all life became Buddhas, who would be reincarnated to continue the cycle of the Tao on this cosmic realm?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineTag_Number
Experience
Loc: Soma dreaming itself
    #3344673 - 11/11/04 01:50 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What can go into nonexistence if its in form. Nothing can be in nonexistence.

Yet all is in coexistence.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Past Consciousness [Re: Tag_Number]
    #3344957 - 11/11/04 02:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"the consciousness of the conscious is the only consciousness's, conscious of consciousness"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (11/11/04 03:00 AM)

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Past Consciousness [Re: Gomp]
    #3344974 - 11/11/04 03:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Pee pee.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineTag_Number
Experience
Loc: Soma dreaming itself
Re: Past Consciousness [Re: Gomp]
    #3345030 - 11/11/04 03:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Gomp had a breif flashing enlightenment. We all do.

No one is truly enlighten. In an eternal state.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Past Consciousness [Re: Tag_Number]
    #3345050 - 11/11/04 03:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"In an eternal state, you only find eternity"
-unknown :P
:confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3345251 - 11/11/04 04:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

All consciousness exist simultaniously. The connection of all the drops in the water exist always and in every moment; the single drop need not travel the long journey to the ocean anymore to realise it is water, at one with all other drops.

For me, expansion of consciousness is not about rising from one state into a 'higher' state, because on a circle there is no higher, rather it is a growth, that expands into encompassing all states of consciousness. We are seperated, bound by illusion, we are higher beings of light, we are not-being source of all being, we are matter, we are spirit, we are soul, we are consciousness. And we are not. All simultaniously.
We just filtered out that which was best suited for surviving the game.

Life grows and expands. That is part of the beauty of what can be found in our little bubble of existance. At the cusp of duality there is found a freedom that exist beyond the nonexistant voidness of oneness. Beyond the one that needs an 'other' to define itself in order to exist, the growth and expansion gained by this illusiory division gives birth to true Being, free and unbound. A vision of consciousness unchained.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this
Re: Past Consciousness [Re: BBin]
    #3346864 - 11/11/04 03:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"Hypothetically, say consciousness is never created or destroyed, but just changed, like matter and energy"

What about, never created, destroyed, _or_ changed. Only the input changes yet the core observation is constant. :smile:

The analogy you used seems to fit my view of consciousness, that is that which litterally weaves through all observatory points, irregardless of time as a temporal dimension (as only our perception - physical not conscious - experiences linear time).

Consciousness is the is. Is the is. Is.

A question arises if there is anything outside of consciousness. As in, does the input exist before it is observed? Or, like your analogy suggests, it is all one source of awareness from which these physical happenings are nothing but apparent - relative - yet ultimately illusionary 'change'.

Is :cool:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology