Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
this probably concerns you...
    #323025 - 05/22/01 01:01 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

just a question that i think proably concerns most ppl who are interested in spore printing, spore prints, or using spore prints.

it seems that the standard method for spore printing is to allow a cap, under sterile conditions, to drop its spores onto a piece of sterile material.

1. what is the best material to allow spores to collect on?
glass is oviously the best, but too expensive.
foil is quite common because it is easy to sterilise, although sometimes the spores are hard to remove from the foil.
i have also heard of card being used. is baking paper or something similar a good enough substitute?
2. i use plastic card instead of glass, and something occurred to me recently... bacteria can survive on a polymer diet!
3. if a print became contaminated at the time of printing will sealing it for a long period stop the bacteria from surviving or do they too leave their spores in the print?

any comments, suggestions, or answers would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks!!

--------------------
I am a compulsive liar :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr. Pink
Model Prisoner
Loc: Small town with a BIG pro...
Re: this probably concerns you... [Re: auto59009]
    #323082 - 05/22/01 02:28 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Instead of messing around with foil, paper, etc., AFOAF just cuts off his cap and drops it in an empty half pint jar and closes it up. He then waits for the spores to drops, carefully (sterile conditions) he fishes the cap out by poking it with needle, quickly caps the jar, fills a syringe with spring water, PC's for 30 mins, lets cool, then jams the needle thru the jar lid, empties syringe into jar, shakes vigoruously to distribute spores, tilts jar and sucks up spore water. This leads to a VERY dark syringe, filled with fresh spores. To make numerous syringes from one jar print, just keep repeating the process.

--------------------

"Why do I get to be Mr. Pink?, I sound like a fucking pussy."

Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
Re: this probably concerns you... [Re: Mr. Pink]
    #323109 - 05/22/01 05:21 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Mr P.. doesn't the water come out of the syringes when you PC? If you set a grate over the jar, you could sporulate directly into sterile water.

auto.. I use heavy bond printer paper. Cut to size (2x3"), then put in glass petri and bake for 30 min @ 375 degrees. If you go too high on the temp, the paper will brown. Let the petris cool, then use them as a sterile container for printing. See attch.

* Contributor to the Free Spore Ring

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

Offlinemagnusra

Re: this probably concerns you... [Re: egghead]
    #323159 - 05/22/01 07:51 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Bacteria don't leave spores. They either reproduce asexually or sexually depending on the strain. So once they are dead they are dead, no spores coming back. The only problem is killing them all.

* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process

--------------------
[red]* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process[/red]

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: this probably concerns you... [Re: magnusra]
    #323166 - 05/22/01 08:15 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Bacteria don't leave spores
Thats not true.
Unfortunately, they build endospores that can withstand even higher temperatures than spores.
Soaking the substrate for several hours to a day before pressurecooking causes the endospores to hatch and makes them more vulnerable.

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

OfflineALDER_057
addict

#323356 - 05/22/01 01:24 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

here is one idea, it is the backing off of a name badge. it is a stiff wax paper that spores will easily scrape off of.

--------------------
Drug Dealing & Trading Forum

OfflineALDER_057
addict

Re: this probably concerns you... [Re: ALDER_057]
    #323362 - 05/22/01 01:29 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by ALDER_057 on 05/22/01 03:31 PM.

--------------------

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: this probably concerns you... [Re: ALDER_057]
    #323880 - 05/23/01 12:04 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

hey thanks alder, that is an awesome idea!

will squirting the sterile syringe water on the print cause the spores to just "slide off" when trying to collect them and suck up back into the syringe?

also, does anyone know if bacteria already on a print (assumed, there will always be some tiny amount of contam) disappear with age due to lack of anything nutritional?

--------------------
I am a compulsive liar :wink:

OfflineALDER_057
addict

#323887 - 05/23/01 12:19 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

if I were you, I'd still scrape the spores off with a sterile tool into a wine glass or somthing similar. Squirt the sterile water in there. Also if you fel that the name tag backing is not sterile enough just take a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol and give it a once over, evaporate then print. peace
ALDER_057

--------------------

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #323915 - 05/23/01 01:54 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I do what egghead does, grate sterile water then suck it all up into syringes. the problem with print straight on the jar bottom is that it seems you always end up with a big mess in trying to get all the spores up. If U get contams at the time of printing you will know as soon as U inject the spores into a jar and they germinate. it won't take long and you'll start seeing dark colours. then it will smell real bad when U remove lid to sniff. this is a good way to test your print and syringe making. and no, bacteria won't disappear with age as soon as it get s wet it will come alive again. if U think your print might be contaminated then mark it and do a test run and make 1 syringe use it to inject 5 jars with, 2cc's a jar if it's contaminated you will know it soon. then you can just get rid of it and try again with a different print.

"Out of chaos...comes order...."

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale