Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
contamination in vermiculite
    #1592611 - 05/30/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hi everyone,

my donkey has some concerns about possible contamination in the vermiculite top layer of a BRF jar.  The jar was just opened to cold dunk using the hippie dunk tek, and there is a tiny bit of very light (cobwebby, thus my concern) bit of growth that appears to be pushing through from under the vermiculite layer.  I am almost positive it is just light mycelium growing in from the bottom layer, the rest of the jar looks perfect.  Also, the jar smells just like a healthy shroom.  In any case, I am basically not too concerned but I would like to know if anyone has seen this before.  This is my donkey's first fully colonized jar ever, he just started and doesn't know what to expect :smile:

should my donkey be concerned? 

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWizzang
Deviant

Re: contamination in vermiculite [Re: kukusz]
    #1592734 - 05/30/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Don't worry about it. A foaf had the same growth from the mycelium up through the verm layer, only visible on the sides though. Happened so much to one jar that the mycelium had attached itself to the lid! It was very rhizomorphic and smelled very much like mush, so he said.

--------------------
I was once a man I used to know
He changed into a man I have been
And became the man I am today

Offlinekukusz

Re: contamination in vermiculite [Re: Wizzang]
    #1593218 - 05/30/03 01:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

great! thank you, my donkey will poop his pants!

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

OfflineAmanita_Dreamer
Rotting HumanCorpse

Loc: The 666th Plane of HELL
    #1593253 - 05/30/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Chances are that will be one of the first places your Donkey will see pinns.

BTW check out the "Double eneded casing tek for PF style cakes"

Basically top and bottom are BOTH covered in vermiculite thus incouraging primordia formation....trust me it works.

Check it out how bout some pics of your first cake!!!

--------------------

Offlinekukusz

Re: contamination in vermiculite [Re: Amanita_Dreamer]
    #1594532 - 05/30/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

No digital camera! argh! I'll have a followup post with some pics in the future. Thanks for the casing advice - pretty sure it will be done.

--------------------

OfflineSaffron
Stranger
    #1594564 - 05/30/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You donkey grows mushrooms and wears pants!!! thats so cool..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies