Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
A draft
    #3212873 - 10/04/04 07:00 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So what do you all think about the possibilities for a new draft? Chilling news or just libural propganda?

I'm not so sure it's a bad thing. It's obvious from the level of discussion here that some of you young whippersnappers could do with some discipline. Also, those that experience the horrors of war are less likely to repeat them. My grandfather always said that, and he participated in both WWI and WWII.

Also, there are perks to joining the military. You get training that would be really expensive if you did it on your own. I've also heard that raping Iranian poontang is quite good. If you join now you might just catch the next war and get your share.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: A draft [Re: AntiMeme]
    #3213065 - 10/04/04 09:02 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

there is not going to be a draft. Man you people need to relax.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3213086 - 10/04/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My mom's a total liberal and has been freaking out about this.

There's about 0% chance of a draft. Everyone chill.

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
Re: A draft [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3213104 - 10/04/04 09:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You are forgetting how beneficial this will be for the economy. Many young men will be permanently removed from the work force, which is a good thing come recession. There will also be much rejoicing in the military industry.

Also, by raping them infidels we can spread western culture and ideals.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #3213106 - 10/04/04 09:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i honestly can't tell whether youre being sarcastic or not :confused:

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3213108 - 10/04/04 09:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i think a draft will be inevitable if things continue down the same path. there are not enough troops in iraq, many people even republicans know that. enlistment is way down, as is re-enlistment. if bush wants to start another war, with iran or n korea, he is gonna need troops and a draft is the way to go. if bush is re-elected i actually hope the draft will be back

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: A draft [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3213120 - 10/04/04 09:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
i think a draft will be inevitable if things continue down the same path. there are not enough troops in iraq, many people even republicans know that. enlistment is way down, as is re-enlistment. if bush wants to start another war, with iran or n korea, he is gonna need troops and a draft is the way to go. if bush is re-elected i actually hope the draft will be back

they wont need an actual draft.. the poverty draft works good enough...and unlike a real draft..it wont force the draftees into political awareness...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
Re: A draft [Re: Tao]
    #3213123 - 10/04/04 09:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Obviously this is no joking matter. After all, we're talking about your precious, meaningful American lives here.

I'm sure there's a lot of shroomerites that would be drafted, was it reinstated.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3213132 - 10/04/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

You are forgetting how beneficial this will be for the economy.

no it won't, you forget about consumer confidence.  It will not happen and the first person to bring it up will be out of office the second it comes out of their mouth, then again I can't be called up so i'm not worrying.  j/k

Quote:

:yawn:

the puppetry is starting early.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
    #3213144 - 10/04/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>>You are forgetting how beneficial this will be for the economy.

>no it won't, you forget about consumer confidence. It will not happen >and the first person to bring it up will be out of office the second >it comes out of their mouth, then again I can't be called up so i'm >not worrying. j/k

I don't understand why you fight this (pretending that it won't come) if you can't even be called up.

>>Also, by raping them infidels we can spread western culture and ideals.

>the puppetry is starting early.

Puppetry? Anyway, that was hyperbole I admit that. But just as Ann Coulter and her hyperbole, there is a significant message hidden inside it.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3213293 - 10/04/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I don't understand why you fight this (pretending that it won't come) if you can't even be called up

I also don't believe the sky will fall. Using the word pretend im-plies that this is actually true, and it is not. Saying something is going to happen because you've heard it from a friend of a friend (i'm guessing) doesn't make it fact, rather it tends to make it a rumor.

Quote:

Puppetry? Anyway, that was hyperbole I admit that. But just as Ann Coulter and her hyperbole, there is a significant message hidden inside it.

unfortunatly the message is moot since there isn't a draft.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
    #3213313 - 10/04/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe there is some truth to what you say (I'm just playing along here)? In that case, I guess you guys will have to enlist to taste that sweet poontang.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3213323 - 10/04/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have no interest in Iranian poontang.......well maybe a little.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3213346 - 10/04/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've known some hot looking Persian women.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: A draft [Re: Evolving]
    #3213384 - 10/04/04 11:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That's why I said maybe. I know some smokin' Iraqi's. Dated one.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinehound
Loc: NAPTOWN
    #3214784 - 10/04/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think that everybody that is worried about the draft can rest easy that it will not be reinstated. One of the reasons so many Americans are supporting the war today is because they that they or no loved ones will have to go and fight in it against their will. If they bring back the draft you will see support for the war become nonexistant in a heartbeat.

The military leaders, from what I have read, don't want to see the draft come back either. They would rather have a smaller, highly motivated fighting force than a larger one that will just hurt the overall morral.

I am well past the draft age but I do have kids in their late teens and early twenties and I tell them the same thing. Don't worry about it, it aint going to happen.

Edited by hound (10/04/04 04:56 PM)

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3215024 - 10/04/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AntiMeme said:
So what do you all think about the possibilities for a new draft? Chilling news or just libural propganda?

I think it's libural propganda myself. Aren't the ones introducing those bills libbies themselves?

If the theory among whiny bitch-tits is that the people in power don't want a draft so that they can keep their kids safe, why would the Republicans institute a draft? They are the oens "starting" the wars

Quote:

I'm not so sure it's a bad thing. It's obvious from the level of discussion here that some of you young whippersnappers could do with some discipline. Also, those that experience the horrors of war are less likely to repeat them. My grandfather always said that, and he participated in both WWI and WWII.

So, uh, didn't gramp's repeat them?
Quote:

Also, there are perks to joining the military. You get training that would be really expensive if you did it on your own. I've also heard that raping Iranian poontang is quite good. If you join now you might just catch the next war and get your share.

*rolls eyes*

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: A draft [Re: retread]
    #3215150 - 10/04/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

retread said:
Quote:

AntiMeme said:

I think it's libural propganda myself. Aren't the ones introducing those bills libbies themselves?
Yep Charles Rangel et al. in the House, Fritz Hollings in the Senate. Dems all
If the theory among whiny bitch-tits is that the people in power don't want a draft so that they can keep their kids safe, why would the Republicans institute a draft? They are the oens "starting" the wars

Quote:

*rolls eyes*

I am definitely not someone who ascribes to the idea that those who fought in wars would necessarily want to spare their kids the horrors. It was the WW2 generation who was in power for the jerk off horror that was Vietnam and I think it was partly because they were the survivors and victors and were showered with glory when they won. I genuinely believe that was a big part of that particular bit if stupidity. And it was the Dems who did it. Never forget that.

--------------------

Edited by zappaisgod (10/04/04 06:40 PM)

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
Re: A draft [Re: retread]
    #3215220 - 10/04/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes. Of course. That makes a lot of sense.

You're a sharp one, aren't you?

*rolls eyes*

Um, what? Sex is a perk isn't it? And since the US won't aknowledge the ICC, US military operations are ripe with rape. There's a reason some of the representatives who saw all the Abu Ghraib photos and clips were crying when they left the screening.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3215395 - 10/04/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AntiMeme said:
You are forgetting how beneficial this will be for the economy. Many young men will be permanently removed from the work force, which is a good thing come recession. There will also be much rejoicing in the military industry.

Your a moron. Someone ban him.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale